Crazy birds!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Having tons of wildlife around my home has never bothered me and we often see neat things like families of racoons and several deer and we actually live in a heavily populated area. I figure I do my part to attract wildlife by having a variety of plants and water sources. The last week or so though, birds keep pecking at my windows and dive bombing the front porch. I am accustomed to the occasional bird flying into the windows, but this is birds actually hanging at the windows, in flight, pecking on the glass. The worst one is a huge robin and today she has been at it for well over an hour. She rests on the brick ledge, then pops back up time after time to peck on the window. What the heck is she doing??

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Chele funny you should mention this!! Two little tits were pecking at our window screen and actually damaged it. I have no idea why they were doing this either except that I have plants on my window cill inside the house. Maybe that's what they were after!! Intriguing and would love to know the answer to this one!! Hey, maybe they think the glass is water but surely it wouldn't have taken that long for them to find out they were wrong. Then again, it could be their reflection in the glass and they are getting friendly with their image...lol!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Well that bird is either really ready to mate or retarded! It spent most of the day pecking on the windows of my van! LOL Somebody, anybody, tell me what is up with that bird. :)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

LOL badseed so funny.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Got it Chele!!! Scroll down and read!!

http://www.wildbirds.com/protect_windows.htm

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I think tomorrow when the old robin comes a knockin', I am going to walk up to the window, flap my arms in the air and scream "CCCAAAAAAAWWWWWW"! I am darn sure it won't want to fight or mate with any evil bird as big as me! ROTFL
Louisa, thank you for the info. I was really starting to be concerned. :) I just can't picture my house or van covered in hawks or fabric strips. LOL

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

lol Chele any old fake bird sitting on your window cill should do the trick then.......!!!!! Try a teddy bear even.....lol!!

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

We have an old mirror in a tree at the end of the driveway so the birds will attack it instead of the mirrors on our vehicles...however one day last year a bluebird spent hours on my sideview..had the window rolled down so he even attacked from inside..very messy. LOL

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Well I'll be!! They get everywhere don't they!!!! I thought they attacked wherever they saw their reflection so if your mirror is at the bottom of the driveway and then they manage to spy themselves in the car mirror......I guess you still have a problem ...lol!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I read about a family who had a male robin attacking his reflection in their garage door window. Rather than just cover the windows, the built a small shelf under it so he could "rest" between sparring matches.

Kinda bass ackwards thinking, huh?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.