What size of pot??

montgomery, AL(Zone 7b)

I plan on putting quite a few Morning Glories in containers. What size of a container can I use. I want as small as possible but want big enough to have a good show. What size would U recommend & how many seeds per container. I am new to MGs & can use any advice that will help me :)
TIA,
Sugar_fl

gosh,I was thinking along the same line about planting in containers. I figured at least a 5gal. size with good size drainage holes and from 3-5 seeds per pot.
Now,this is just what I thought about doing myself but I'm sure that others will have better and more suggestions. Will need something inside the container for them to grow up on,unless you set the containers beside a trellis or something.
Okay,more tips and suggestions here from all you MG growers.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Oh, my gosh, I've planted too many in one huge pot..you only do 2-3??? too late now, they've come up about 3 in. I'll just have to transplant elsewhere! Elaine

1601, that is just what I was planning on putting in was 3-5 for each pot,not 2-3. I have no idea if that is too many or too little.
How big are your containers and how many seeds did you put in yours? I don't know for sure,but I don't know just how well they transplant.
I do think that this will be a learning experience for us.
I try and keep track of the things that I do from one year to the next and if it works,it's great and will continue but if it don't,then I know not to do the same thing the following year. That's why I keep a personal ledger of the things that I plant, and when and where and what works and what don't.

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

If you're going to try to transplant MGs, do it as soon as possible. They don't like root disturbance, so get them moced before they grow much. I usually start moonvine and exotic MGs in peat pots, so I can plant pot and all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.