questions about Perle des Jardins cuttings

Plymouth, PA(Zone 5b)

Hello
About a week ago I got rose bush cuttings. I put them in a ziplock bag with damp soil. I noticed that new leaves are sprouting all over the place and was wondering how do I know when it has roots? Also how long do I leave it in the bag and sealed? When is it safe to move out of the bag and outside? Any help would be appreciated. New to rooting these.
thanks
tamlamb

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Congrats, tamlamb..You have yourself some new roses..now, before you go racing outside to plant them(zones 5-6a) still cool...if I'm right..this one is a climbing Tea(not to be confused with Hybrid Tea..She has many petals, orangey, pointed at the ends(most unique!!).The climbling Tea Roses are generally much more tender than other climbers! So, myself, I would wait to plant outside until the weather is much milder..(just so you won't lose these) You can remove the baggies now,(so the cuttings won't dampen off(a fungus)...when you remove the roses eventually, take the soil with the new root mass and all and maybe transplant to a one-gallon pot, and then, transplant into the grden or, better still into a container, which Teas do very well in... Elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.