full house

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

This is the big Gothic style house we have the sun loving stuff in. It's stuffed to overflowing.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Knoxville, TN

OOOOOOOO MY GOODNESS,,THIS IS NOT THE SAME GREENHOUSE i WAS IN A FEW WEEKS AGO......wow u go girl I know u guys have been working relly hard[[[[[[[nana]]]]]]]]

This message was edited Wednesday, Apr 17th 12:09 AM

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

That is awesome! Man have you been busy! Almost time to sell all those babies?

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

Wow Cala!! Now I know why I haven't seen you on the forums very much. You sure have been busy.It looks beautiful.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

My goodness! I hope you're writing a book Cala...I need some of your knowledge!!! (I still don't even know how to price my stuff so I don't go in the hole!)
Please don't tell my ya'll hafta water each on of those hanging baskets one at a time! And by the way, what is in the black boxes? (Yeh yeh, I'm nosey!)

The "black boxes" are traps to catch nosey meddlers as my grandma used to say, lol. Actually, they are pots filled with potting mix and stacked in the carry trays waiting for the plants to go into them. We use the pots that you just pop the tray over and lift and the pots are in the tray(did I make any sense at all?) and then they go thru the pot filler and voila, ready for the plants to go in.
We are working on an automatic watering system for everything, but yes, we water a lot by hand.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

I am really impressed thats all so great! Looks like you sure have your hands full. Think your going to have to teach Wally to pot plants for you.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Calalily..have I missed out on something? Is this a commercial venture? Elaine

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

BOOM!!!
some one get the smelling salts-i hit the floor again!!!
wowzerz cala-that looks like heavens greenhouse!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Elaine, yes it's commercial. We have a garden center. I desperately want one of these houses for my "jungle house" but DH won't let me have it!!(I just keep sneaking my stuff into the big houses, lol) The fern house I posted on this forum is also part of the garden center, but I have claimed one back corner for my passion vines because it's perfect for them and too hot for the ferns.
Dori, hers are the smelling salts!! The down side is lots of long hours transplanting the tiny seedlings into the flats, lots of hours bending over taking cuttings to root, scouting for bugs and spraying if necessary, carrying(endless carrying, seems like something always needs moved) the flats and baskets to other areas. But the good side is that when it's cold outside, I get to work in a warm, bright paradise!!(plus "free" plants, lol)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Wow so beautiful, I wish I could go over there but too distance.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Surely that is not vinca in the baskets, lol. I just spent most of my day pulling mine out - just joking, I'll bet those are petunias or Million bells - right??

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Calla: You are an inspiration! I sell plants here in our little town, but my greenhouse is so small that it's still a little operation. We cleared ground and put in the foundation for a 22 x 30 greenhouse. We hope to have it ready for next spring. Eventually, we'll install a waste oil heater.

It's a real challenge starting plants here in Alaska. I've had our little greenhouse going since April 1st with an oil heater keeping it warm. I have the basement and a shed full of plants under lights, as well. It's been a cold spring. It was 19 degrees when I got up this morning and it never broke 36 degrees in the heat of the sun today.

Since it is such a short summer...June1-Sept1, we have to start most everything indoors.. I even start lettuce indoors. We use every method available to get a head start! Running a greenhouse is costly and labor intensive up here. Since we can't run a hose (it would freeze up) we hand carry water to almost 200 flats right now, and they are getting thirstier by the minute!

Hats off to you and your hubby for having such a beautiful operation. We hope to do as well some day.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Call,you are amazing!Thats my goal before I retire,to have 2 or 3 greenhouses and sell the plants to supplement my pension....

Weez, I can't imagine carrying that much water every day. I guess I just never thought about it.
CC, we have green houses to support my "habit".

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I finally got my DH to watch the video tape that Poppysue sent me.He has now decieded that we are going to another greenhouse out of rebar up at the veggy garden just to extend the harvest!!!!He saw just how easy it is to build one!LOL yeah,right!

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I hardly know what to say. It's beautiful.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Cala, if I didn't like you so much, I would be jealous, but I can't think of a nicer person to have your setup. And you have been so generous, one would never know it was a for-profit endeavor. What a beautiful place for a beautiful person.

Thanks Aimee, you are a sweetie too. I keep telling DH that this is what I need for the Jungle House, I think he has a hearing problem though because he doesn't seem to hear me. (you don't think he's ignoring me do you?)

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Didn't make it to see this in TN, but at least I'm getting the virtual tour ;).

"eyes"

Eyes, you will just have to come back, lol. How about Feb or Mar and I'll put you to work?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.