Friday and I'm older today !

Hi everyone, guess who's the birthday girl (gush) ?

It's sunny ('cos that's the way it has to be every year for ME otherwise I'd have to have words) and I just had a great bit of luck. They're building lots of new houses round here and one of the things they're having to do is rebuild the access roads, so this morning on the way to school I saw that the workmen had dug up the pavements for a good long way and were re-laying a wider pavement - next to their work was all the kerbstones that they'd dug up so of course I stopped and asked if they were rubbish or needed and could I PLEASE have them and not only did they say yes but a very hunky guy said he'd bring them up to the house on his JCB so now I've got two and a half pallets of paving and kerb stones for my front garden to increase the drive and also for my main garden to create the raised beds that I was planning on doing next year or whenever I could afford it ! I reckon there's at least a couple of tonnes of material there and I'm still smiling at the luck of it (and all I had to do was bat my eyelashes a few times - still got it !)

Anyway I'm out (again) tonight and I haven't decided if I'm celebrating or trying to forget the extra year I've suddenly gained - probably both as the mood changes over the evening. Gotta sort out something extra nice to wear, according to the MSN front page today is national cleavage day (honest that's what it says!) so I think I'll participate.

Knock on door - back later

Jo

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthday, Jo!!

Trish

Morning birthday girl, many happy returns, are you still talking to me :) ?, I like the kerb stone gift, a lot of moneys worth there, very handy, and no one doubted your ability to better they eye lashes, and its another nive day here too, i have been up a lasser for the last two hours attacking the ivy that on the north side of the house, my back is killing me now, but its done for anoter six months, just come in for a coffee and catch up on here, what do you think of our American friends Jo, dont talk to us for a day, but when we dont post they are all out talking all night, makes you think they trying to tell us somthing, if you want a judge to see if you have got your cleavage right give me shout, i will be happy to tell you :) :) :), if you dont post again today, have a very happy birthday and enjoy your night out, i better get back out side and make the most of this weather, bye.

Alan.

Thanks Trish, gosh you're up early today !
Alan, how could you doubt I would talk to you, you're the one who regularly makes me laugh most (remember the comments re "May I introduce Spike?" - all the wordiness about the pics, our Alan just said - "Oh Lord".
I was smiling all day for that.)
Anyway I always get the impression that you REALLY love your garden and that it's not a fashion statement like it is for a lot of the guys and girls who post elsewhere - I'm an iggerant bunny about a lot of the garden but I enjoy it and the sense that when I've gone off this mortal coil the plants will still be there feeding the birds and delighting someone else's eyes.
Been trying to move some of those slabs just now, broke a nail and cursed a lot without realising my elderly rather genteel lady neighbour was just on t'other side of the hedge. Heard, 'now now Jo that's not very polite language' and went red to my roots and scuttled inside after muttering a quick 'sorry'
I'm hiding indoors now until she goes back indoors herself.

Off now to whizz around other pages and back v v soon

Jo

Good morning Jo and Alan
Happy birthday Jo. Sounds like a great birthday present. Hey if you run into the highway guys tongith while celebrating Cleavage Night maybe you can get them to Lay them for you! The bricks that is!!!
Thinking about it UK must be a kicking place. You get Cleavage Night and we get The Great American Smoke Out.. bum deal for us!
Have a great day
Janice

Ha, poor old lady being subjected to a bit of bad Jo, she'll get over it, be careful with those things Jo, they are heavy, you dont want to hurt your back, spoil your night out, and i am sure you dont want to spend your birthday night on your back,have fun, :).

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Jo, Happy Birthday to You! You got the best present ever. Tons of building material - way to go girl!!!
Morning Alan, good work on that ol ivy - I personally like it unless it's in the wrong place!! Morning Janice and how is NY this bright and sunny day!! No Patty or Dori yet!! Well, well surprise, surprise! Dori's probably sleeping off her mudslides and Patty's probably licking up the Thermaflu from her keyboard, getting it ready for today's onslaught!! Morning Trish, if you're still around. Daisy, Mary, Diane, Sheila ?????

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I can't hang around this morning. Got the estimator coming from the removal firm. So. have a great day all. Catch you later. :-)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Happy B-day Jo! I hope you have had a great day!! Lisa

Hi girls thanks - the sun's still shining and it's almost warm outside so I'm feeling really cheery today.

Alan, cleavage wise I haven't a digital camera so I can't post pics for you to judge, so sorry. I haven't made my mind up what to wear tonight, in fact I'm not sure if I'm going on the pull or just going out, depends on the others really I suppose and what plans they've hatched. I waas toying with the idea of the strapless black dress, no frills on it, really simple and not really short either, that's sort of got a cleavage but without being vulgar. What do you think ? More old slapper or more culture chick ? Opinion please .Oh and I will be careful, I always am....talking about the slabs of course :)

Louisa, yeah I hear what you're saying about the materials being a great present but if I don't get my Rive Gauche someone's going to get it in the neck ! Pressie opening tonight, yippee!! Also expecting some quality fizz on ice OR ELSE major tantrums and foot stamping. And as we all know foot stamping in a strapless dress is not recommended !!! LOL as you all say.
Jo

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Jo BIG happy birthday to you-and celebrate clevage day to its fullest! ;]
Im up Janice-have a 1st grader to get ready in the a.m. his bus comes at 8am-then its daves garden time! I didnt have to sleep them off!;]
Its a very dreary day here in michigan a high of 45 by late afternoon-but I would LUV some sunshine.
Jo thats so nice that you got the guy to deliver, should have batted those eyes more and had him place them right where you want them! My sister got 10ft ginko trees that the landscaper had pulled and threw to the side of his new landscaping at the hospital-he helped her load them too-5 of them!!!
Alan-we were all alone here last night-you guys left us-I just joined in the other day and everyone left-did I say something!?!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO! I hope youget everything you want-well with clevage day you should have a advantage! ;]
Im going to bounce around the forums-brb!
dori

Thanks Dori - I wondered about trying to get the slabs and kerbstones place more where I wanted them but I decided that discretion was the better idea since I don't really need a builder thinking it was HIS lucky day ......
I wish I could get to talk to you guys and girls in the US later in the day but unfortunately once it gets to about 3 pm our time I have to go to pick up boys from school, cook, put Savlon on knees and things, stop fights and all the other stuff you get with children : then they have this machine until bedtime (have to have a rota for them to stop fights) and it's too late then for me especially if I go out which I must admuit I do a lot once they'r e all asleep (or pretending to be) - am blessed with a number of GOOD babysitters which makes a heck of a difference to yr social life.
Socially here it's quite active with clubs and live music and more pubs than you can count all within a short cab ride and /or a walk so I don't have to worry about drink/driving which is a big no-no over here thank goodness.Also there's a lot of friends here who have similar interests to me so we'll play music, games, talk incessantly through the night and all those other things you do with pals and I LOVE it !

Just looked up Ginko trees - V nice

Jo

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Jo, I'm here just for a mo. Definitely, the little black number and the perfume is a must - one of my favs. If you need any more cleaveage, I'll be willing to help out!!! Welcome Back Lisa. Posted message to you on General Discussion. We have missed you so much.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Louisa, thanks! Ya'll could not have missed me as much as I missed ya'll! Where is Alan? How is he? I thought about you guys everyday. Lisa

I think Alan's still fighting with the Ivy that he's trying to get off his house (sounds like an old girlfriend who won't leave doesn't it?). I had some that I cut at the base to kill last year and aklthough it went brown it hasn't fallen off so I'll have to get on some ladders to rip it off the house too sometime this year. So many jobs, so little time.....

jo

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Well the clocks spring forward this weekend, eehhaaaaaa!!
The sun's just a shining. 4 fawns made an appearance this morning, guess they are after the new grass. It's been a long winter for the babies. My new geraniums are springing forth (hurrah!) even though I planted one root upside down! I have my hair cut this afternoon, I'm gonna spread a little happiness if I can and get out and stretch these stiff lazy bones of mine.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Did I say lapping? I thought I said licking.....lol. Seems to me the only way to mop up the Theraflu! Just got quite a good deal re the movers. So our last month's rent (we get our deposit back) should cover it quite nicely. Yea, the rent is exhorbitant. $1300 a month!! Leaves very little spare cash to buy yet more plants. But rock on, it will soon be time to get cracking and get on with the move. This time next year, I may have a garden planted!!

Hello All, I have been haveing fun, i have been battling the ivy, it was all over the windows in the guttering everywhere, made my walls look a mess now though, but i won, sort of, i have a few battle scars, and the mother of all back aches, (standing on a ladder), i have been doing other little jobs to and haveing a general clean up, its been a beautiful day here, i have even managed to get a red face in the sun, i am still going out for another hour when i have finnished my coffee, Garys gone to his mates for the night so i can cook when i am ready, i really have enjoyed my day today.

Jo, i bet you know just what you are going to wear tonight, cos you know just how to wind a bloke up, its going to take me a while to get over that image you have given me,little balck dress with clevage,:) shame about that picture though, havent you got a poloriod,lol, enjoy your night.

Hello Janice, missed your post this morning, i was writing, i sent it then left, sorry.

Lisas back, the gangs all here again.

Dori, when i looked in there was no one home, so i watched a movie on the sky tv and fell asleep on the sette, i missed all the fun, again.

Louisa, how are you today, hope you are feeling a little better.

Patty, still got the sniffles, this is hanging on to you well isnt it, must now they have goodun.

I am going back outside for a bit more now, i hope you will all be in tonight, see you later.

Alan.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Hello Jo!! Have a great birthday!!!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Northerner, how is school going for you? Lisa

Any one in right now ?.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hey Alan...still there?

Hello Lisa, how are you, your presance has been missed, so how s thigs for you at the moment, your pc ok now ?.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Yes, Alan everything is fine here. The pc is running like a gem. Better than it has run in a long time. It is good to have it up and running. I saw you like Ren and Stimpy! LOL! I love them too! Lisa

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Alan, I have to go! Bye, I'll talk to you later on. I have to go feed the critters and check on the garden before I start cooking...so nice to talk to you again, Lisa

Yes i love them, one of the best new cartoons around, its a bit quiet at the moment, but its around tea time your side, so i expect most of them are busy, hows your weather, ots been gloriouse here today, got a lot of jobs done.

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Hoping you are having a great time tonight Jo,well i have had a day and half,only got home just before 8 pm and i am knackered,i usually enjoy my work but lately it is stressing me out. I am a smoker so on days like these i go over the top,give everything else up but i have tried patches,hypnotists etc and i am very strong willed but cant give them up.If you do not hear any further from me i have gone to bed,hoping for a week-end in the garden and walking, but the weather forcasts say lots of rain, but mild.

Hi Shiela, enjoy your weekend.

Hello Lisa!!! School will be breaking up next week for a fortnight for Easter holidays. But I have assignments to hand in when I get back from Easter so I'll still be busy. My fences are finished. The garden is still pretty damp and I have manure to dig in and loads of bulbs to go in as well. Anyway, the nights are lighter now so a couple of good days would make all the difference. Come on sunshine!!

Hell Diane, your pc is still going then, did you give it as kick start, lol.

Hello Diane, your pc is still going then, did you give it a kick start, lol.

Sort of kick start, Alan. I moved it into a different position on my table, maybe I'd got a wire tangled up or something. Well, it came right back to life. I should have kicked it, I thought. And after I'd rung up to book it in to be seen to as well. The shop thought I might have to have its hard disk reformatted. I was just moving the puter around, seeing what I'd need to pack up for it to go to the shop, and that's when it said hullo to me again. Wonder if these things are telepathic. Obviously did't like the thought of someone looking at it. I hope it starts up tomorrow. I can always cancel the appointment.
Are computers boys or girls?
Who's a nice computer, then? Who's a clever computer?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Alan, the weather here has been a little wet. It started raining on Tuesday and then some on Wednesday. We had 3 inches of rain on Tuesday. I just planted my corn and beans so the rain was good. Just a little to much rain. Today was cloudy/sunny around 70*. Tomorrow it is supposed to be more sunshine. Hope so because it is so muddy here. The weather man gave us some trivia yesterday: Hawaii is the wettest state and Louisiana is the next. Our area gets more than the rest of Louisiana because we are so close to the Gulf of Mexico! Lisa

Patty, my sons pc kept doing that, its something to do with settings, i cant quite remember what, i will ask him for you, it something to do with modem settings, but with it like that it makes it easy for hackers to get in, very easy, i will ask him for you, so she can put it right.

Lisa, most of the time we live in a dry area, but its been so wet here this last twelve months, i doubt we will have a shortage of water for a while.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hey Patty, I am here for a little while anyway! I am in between fixing supper for the family...Lisa

Who did this, what a pain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.