SoCals landscaping finished #1

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Well the basic hardscape and planting areas are all done, now it's MY turn. I have been trying to figure out what I actually want to accomplish with this new look and it's coming to me slowly every day. Yesterday was my first time to plant somethings...I planted 5 mini roses (yellow and red) along the front wall on the left of the walkway...that way any dogs who think they want to do their business in my new yard will be sorry!! I planted one Carpet Rose (Coral) in the very right corner of the front planter and my Red Shrimp plant is up in the small planter near the front door. I bought a Japanese Laceleaf Maple (Garnet) yesterday and planted that on the left back corner near the opening between the houses. I also bought me an Iceburg Rose Tree today and will be putting that in the center of the right front planter. I need some height there, but don't want to block the view of the front doors either.
As you can see from the colors I am putting in, that I am going to stay with a red/yellow/corals and a splash of white as a theme to go with all the warm colors in my new stonework.
I have several pics to show you at different angles, so take a look and see. If you have any ideas on plant choices or where to plant it... please feel free to share as I am alittle overwhelmed.

Donna

Thumbnail by SoCal
This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!