Thursday 29th March

Morning all, i will start the day seeing how i am first in this morning, and for a very nice change, it is actually a very nice mornining, the "SUN SHINES", and its mild with it, most refreshing.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

morning,
It is very cloudy and snowing out-the temp right now is a mere 28 with a hopeful high of 45! I cant wait much longer for some warm temps. Im going nuts-o!
I really enjoyed reading all the post her yesterday-there were some cute jokes too!
As for Martha Stewart-I luv watching her garden segmants-but who really does all the garden chores? Shes to busy making more shows and commercials...her hands are never dirty. I want a Latin garden helper too!!!*pout*
Today I have to get a package ready to go to daves house and maybe pot some seedlings to bigger pots.
Im a yankee-so I dont have that southern accent-unless my family come up from GA. for a week then we are all taking with a southern accent! I say you guys-they say ya'll! ;]
I need to grab the phone...my gf calls every morning!!!
I hope everyone has a very nice day-will stop by later.,
dori

This is a hello and goodbye very quickly from snobby ol' Jo, gazing down as usual from her superior position and sneering ever so slightly....

(is that what you mean Alan?)

Sorry I can't be here any longer but I've been out all day, have come back in, put some lamb in the oven and am now off again to pick up the boys from school. I just v quickly read yesterday's posts, hi everyone yesterday, and now must go.

Hugs to you all

Jo - in sunny and warm (ish) Yorkshire

Hello Dori, You may keep your snow and chilly weather, we have had it for long enough,, LOl, no doubt it will be back here tomorrow too, we dont get two nice days in a row.

Jo, you know i wouldnt call call you a bad name, i was refering to a cockney who uses big words, being more of a snob than one who doesnt, and i wasnt takeing the **** really, well just a little bit, :) :) :).

Where's everyone else today, i have never seen this place so quiet, i know we have BSE and foot and mouth here in the UK, but we are not infectiouse, yet.

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Hello everybody, I'm here. Oh Alan the weather was glorious here this morning...ok so i might be exagerating just a little, but the sun did shine for more than......30 seconds!
Followed by heavy showers and a thunder storm at lunch time.

Nice while it lasted.

Alan, you think your son is going to be tidy when he goes to University? Dream on!! You never saw so much mess. They either live in university houses or share local student houses, and every one in every house just drops everything on the floor in every room, and the dust is as thick as the dead pine needles I brushed off the drive today.

What subjects is he doing at A Level - what does he want to do at University - which Universities has he applied for? You do know how they 'phone home, don't you? They phone you, give you the number, and you phone back and pay for the call. Or else you phone in desperation after a month or two, wondering if they're still at University. Can he cook?

It's very hard going now, without maintenance grants. One of my sons is in his industrial year, and he can't wait to leave and get a job that will pay him enough to pay for his accommodation next year.

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Oh Mary you have it spot on whenyou talk about the conditions inwhich studants live.

Not so long ago....(I wish!) I was a studant living in a house with others. Gosh the mess and durt we used to turn a blind eye to..yukkkk...not to mention the things that grew legs and walked out of the fridge on their own accord! Makes my stomach turn when i recall the image.

I remember arriving back after a weekend back at home, to find a new member had set living accomodation in the living room......a RAT! A pet one mind you, but haveing to watch TV with it staring at you from the other side of it's aquarium was not plesent. You think thats bad, he used to be let it out of it's home for excersise, and it would merrily walk accross everyones knees that was sitting on the sofa! But not mine!

Hello Mary, lol, no i doubt it will make him clear up, but i wont have to do it either,and he is fully aware of the hardship that lays ahead, we have told him, for his A levels, his sitting computer studies, advanced maths and physics, he wants manchester U or bradford U, it depends on his A level grades which he gets, so its up to him to work hard now.

daisy, we had one little shower for about 30 seconds, but the didnt stop shining, its been a great day here.

Whats happened to all our American friends today then ?.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm here!

Hello, i thought we were being boycotted, where is everyone today, or is it tennis season over there ?.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I worked at the soup kitchen this morning. I do it every third week. Then I had news from my friend regarding her son and its not good. I feel very sad!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Gotta go! Porch chops waiting to be cooked. Catch you later!

Bye then.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Had an early dinner. Its was great - ah! Bisto!

I meant to ask you last time, what are porch chops ?.

Anyone in tonight ?.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Hi Patty, hows your cold doing, its been very quiet on here today, not much fun at all.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi - anyone up tonight? Porch chops? How about pork chops!!! Patty, read your post on farm life - have you managed to clean the cough medicine off the keyboard??? You there Alan? It's been raining all day today, non-stop, and only about 45F - like I needed to feel more miserable! Looks like it might come your way Alan.

This message was edited Thursday, Mar 29th 8:19 PM

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

im here watching t.v. n drinking mudslides! =]

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Yippeeee! What are you watching? I just watched Ground Force and Charlies Garden Army - great shows on BBC America

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

ROFL - You'ze crazy Patty....Ha-ha-ha!!! Spray it with something and then get the hoover on it!!!!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Dori - I want to order hydrangeas - is it really easy from ebay and how did you pay for them? Where's Alan?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Im watching friends right now/mudslides kulaha n vodka n I dont know!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Ooooh! Stoppit Patty - my sides are aching! You have just cheered me up - I've been so miserable all day. Spray it with water, anything - I don't know. Hang on I'll ask hubbie - OK He said turn your keyboard upside down, get a soft cloth, not thick, and try and clean the yuk away. You can't and I stress can't put anything on it!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

patty I tore mine apart and wiped it down with a q-tip dipped in alcohol

I bid on mine at ebay(hydrangeaS)from Darin-hes out right now but he told me that he will be getting some more and even bigger ones-hes a peach to deal with.
i paid 2.25 and they are so nice

This message was edited Thursday, Mar 29th 8:47 PM

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

BTW When is Mother's Day in the UK Alan. Dori - where have you gone? For another mudslide!!!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I know what you mean Patty - you say a name and then you just don't recognize it when you say it over and over. ROFL - think I'll join you in a vodka Dori. And since Alan's not talking tonight, we might as well make it a hen night!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

To fuuuuuuuuuuuuny!
I am about ready for another mudslide though!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

my hubby is grocery shopping-hes been doing it since I was 9mo pregnant-the baby is 4 LOL
he thinks hes saving $$$$
i hate grocery shopping

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

no -spring break starts the 13 of april--I will have to get another big bottle of mudslides for that week!
All 4 boys home at once! ;]

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Dori - that is so funny. I haven't stopped laughing since I clicked on tonight. I will get round to ordering the hydrangeas later in the year. Does your husband know that your baby is now 4 years old? LOL!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

will and grace is on-i luv this show.
boys are alot of fun and work-but i came from a all girl family and I was a big tomboy(5'1" big)had hotwheels for xmas instead of barbies!
wouldnt trade them-illegal tosell them! ;]

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.