Datura 'Missouri Marble'

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

For the enjoyment of brugmansia/datura lovers/forum members Dave's Garden ..ONLY!
(no Ebay, resellers, etc)

I just received confirmation TN I can order Waddick's "Missouri Marble" (pictured).
These are small plants [72 cells/tray] ..but will grow. Do NOT expect a huge plant!!
Amount will be cost plus postage to you.

I am doing as a favour ONLY so we here can enjoy this beautiful datura.
I do NOT guarantee plants, that you will like, etc, etc.

I want to finalize TODAY [3/27/02] So let me know if interested/how many?
Also contact my email.
I will only order 1 or 2 trays. So may request to adjust plant totals at the end to accomodate everyone.
Remember ..to not be upset ..if I should have to do!

Thumbnail by Abutilon
Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Okay, I want in---you say it will be cost plus postage to me. Can you confirm what the 'cost' is? Are you getting them at the $2.50 per plant that was mentioned earlier? And do you prefer we get them in multiples of a certain number, for ease of packing, etc?

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

That was my question too!I said I'd take 10,but are 6 or 12 easier for you?I also don't want to hog them all and keep someone else from getting any.......

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Have to ask if Pebble is going to order too? I want some, but can't order from both. If Pebble isn't ordering them, I would take six. LMK....

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I thought this was the instead of,if not I'll get six from each!!!!Its only money.....

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

I got an e-mail from Abutilon saying she had placed an order for 100 of them already, and they'll run us $2.85 each, plus shipping for our total order, however many each of us want. (i.e., you could probably ship 6 vis priority mail for $3.95) She didn't mention if certain numbers worked best, but imagining the shape of the prority boxes I'd think even numbers would be best.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I might have missed out on a post someplace CC, so I just wrote Abutilon and place my order here.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

If Pebble is still ordering ..and you are committed to her ..please stay with that.
I did not realize if she is or not. Pebble ..if you are, I owe an apology.
And I will stay with my commited amount to you, also.

I have 100 plants 1 1/2" cells shipping 4/8/02. I would all who wish to have a few.
I will wait a day or two to give everyone a chance. Then we can all decide
the amounts we will take. If anyone else wishing included, please let me know.
These are $2.80 each. USPS postage 3.50/.40 delivery confirmation.
Several should send for that postage.

Angleton, TX(Zone 9a)

I would like 5. I am willing to go lower on the number if a lot of people want these.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Abutilon, no apology needed.... I had mentioned ordering, then lagged, I'm glad you have picked up the ball. I would like to order from you, I just noticed that your cut off date was yesterday. Can I still get in on this? If I can, put me down for 5, and e-mail me your snail addy, so I can get the $$ to you, I'm figuring 3.95 for postage for 5 - right?
thanks for organizing this Abutilon, I am doing a clematis coop, and know the amount of energy that goes into this.
My gardens will be enriched by your efforts :)

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

If it is not to late I would like to get in on this. I would like 5. If not to late send me your address and I will get
$$ out to you. Thanks to you and Pebble for all the effort you two put into this on this thread and the other. And I guess Eclispe for making it one of those I gotta haves.

Hamilton, Canada

I'll still take 10 plants and if you need to adjust the numbers then I will take 5. I posted on the other forum so the numbers will still be the same for me.

Joydie

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I hope you got my email. I certainly do want 6 of them or however you are doing it. Please let me know your address so I can mail out a check.

S.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Everyone.
I am going to need some help with names as I don't know everyone and their DG identity.
This is who and amounts I have so far. Though think I missed some because I don't know all the names.

Frannie ..5
Judith ... 4
Al ........5
Pebble ..
Maxwell .6
Shirley .. 6
Dee ...... 5

Please help with additions, corrections, etc.
Thanks.
Alice

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Enjoy them.
I can only look....too far away
cristina

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I'm so sorry Cristina, that you can't get any. We will all have to send you pictures of our gardens later to make you feel better.

S.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Alice, Thank you for doing this for all of us. I know I certainly appreciate it after doing what seemed like hours of search and getting nowhere. My check will be in the mail in the morning. Again.....Thanks so much.

Shirley

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Brugie, Meee.....Feel better?.....You just have to be kidding !
In a dream I'll go and take cutting from all of you, lucky ones !

Well, is good to see happy people around.....

cristina

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Alice, did you by any chance post this in the COOP forum?
I think others might want to get in on this.....

put me down for 5

thank you Alice for all your hard work on our behalf!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Am I too late? I'll take 3 - if I can.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I would love to have two if it is not too Late, Let me know... Thanks! It is beautiful~

Herbstein, Germany(Zone 5a)

Are these raised out of seeds or cuttings. I meant do they come true through seeds. I would be interested too but how to sneak them by our goverment? They are considered to be medicinal plants and I will never get an import permit for that.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Monika ..this one is tissue cultured. That means they are clones. All genetically the same. All will be true to the parent.

Glad I stopped here to check. I have not received some of these postings email for some reason.

If you have not received comfirmation for your plants from me in personal email ..please write to me personal.
I have limited all to 6 plants and under.
Pebble ..I still need to know how many from you?
Once everyone is confirmed ..there will be none left for the coop forum.

Everyone here has been so nice. Thanks (o:
Alice

Alice,
Nice initiative, you made there. I am a fancier of Datura and have a collection of 200 different accession numbers. This one is very similar to Datu-46b and to D. meteloides "Heavenly Blue" with the difference, that this one here is variegated. Is the price per plant $ 2.80? I am in Denmark and it is legal for me to import the plants. If it is still possible, I like to order six plants. Will you e-mail me the costs of the plants and the estimated costs of having them shipped to Denmark, so I can have a check ready for you? :)

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Tonny, do you have an import permit? I would need to phyto.

Neither. From Denmark I can freely import from any Country, that is not a third world Country (for example, South America, Africa, India, Pakistan etc.) *lol* So importing living plants from The US would be no problem :)

FSH, TX

Tonny,
I emailed you a few times...no response. Did you get the package of seeds I sent you yet? I sent a ziplock bag full of them with a tape. I can resend the tape, I can't resend the seeds.

Eric, you got big mail :)

A big, big Thank you so very much for the seeds, Eric :) ... and so many of them :)
Are they pure versicolors in the sense of versicolor species or pure in
the sense versicolor x versicolor crosses of yours :) I prefer the last,
because it will be an honour for me to grow out that many and look for
the outstanding beauties among them *lol* During their growth I will up-
date you with photos and descriptions of their development and when they
begin to flower I like your advice, how to choose the best ones :) They
will have their own individual plantbed, so it is easier to keep track of them
and hopefully we will find room for them all, when the winter come over us again *lol*

The tape also arrived safely and when I have unpacked my taperecorder I will be all ears :)

Again, Thank you very much !

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Just to update ..

I have to date received payment from these members:
Shirley M
Dee E
Fran K
Judy W
Al H
Max J
Gloria T
Jim B
Donna B
Karen R

These were to be shipped today. I will send as I receive.
I know there are two more of you I have to get back to. PoppySue and Pebble ..I think.

Tonny ..I will try to send to you. Will they go through without phyto?
US wants to phyto everything now.

Okay, I will update again as I ship.
Thanks everyone,
Alice

Angleton, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you Alice for all of your time that you have spent on this. I really appreciate it and hope that I can return a favor in some way.

FK

Thank you very much, Alice :) They will go through. I will email you for your address, costs etc. Thanks again. It will be an experience growing these :)

Tonny

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

I have sent you an e-mail. thank you for all your hard work and efforts...

Hamilton, Canada

Abutilon,
I never heard back from you by email. I did post early enough, does that mean I'm too late?

Could you please confirm for me. Thanks.
Joydie

Alice,
I need your address and an amount, so I can put some $ on the check *lol* :)

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Alice, I too need your address.

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

$$ is on its way. Thanks for all the work you did to make this possible for all of us.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

The daturas arrived yesterday. They are not small. lol
Soon as I get them boxed .. they are on their way!!
Alice

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

YIIPPPEEEE!!!

Would someone save me a cutting or some seeds of this Datura
since I wasn't able to get in on the deal.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Gloria,

I will save you one of my plants and bring to you next time I come over. I ordered 5 so I have it to share. You have shared so much with me. Hope you had a great time in Aussie. Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.