New thread ...who is in on MG War???

(Zone 8a)

Well, as you all have witnessed we have started an Morning Glories WAR...

I'll post now that I have lots of mg seeds and will offer the winner of our Mg's WAR a token of all my mg seeds and I have lots of them!

All morning glories are welcome and somehow we must appoint some judges...Anybody willing?

Contenders and judges...sign up now!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

So what makes a winner? He who has the most glories? The prettiest MG? Not sure I want to get in on this... it sounds kind of rough!! LOL! I have lots to grow ... but just not sure I will plant that many.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Hee hee, I don't have any morning glories, so I will be a judge. (no bribing the judges now, lol)

FSH, TX

Just thinking back to the ditches filled with wild morning glory's in NC...any chances for wild morning glories? I am sure someone up that way has some descent pictures. Or is this a hybrid war? Best wild morning glory and best wild? What are the rules in this one.

Hamilton, Canada

LOL @ you Cala.

FSH, TX

I never read these things close enough. Did someone say there would be bribes...Makes one go hmm. I admit I don't know enough about morning glories to be a judge though. What characteristics does one look for in a morning glory to distinguish it as a trully great morning glory?

This message was edited Saturday, Apr 6th 1:20 PM

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I've saved a lot of money by losing it!

This message was edited Saturday, Apr 6th 1:21 PM

Hee hee, just send it to me and I will keep it "safe" for you. Since you always forget where you put it, you won't mind if I spend it, lol.

(Zone 8a)

Well since we just jumped into war...nobody mentioned how to judge so how about we let the judges decide! Sounds fair to me...this is going to be fun!

No rules...Any and all mg's that you have grown!

Calalily...will you will be judge #1?

Oh my!! What have I gotten into. (taking bribes now, seeds welcome)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

okay, I'm in. and I'm bribing Cala and Brugmansia, but you'll never know with what!!! LOL! I have over 50 seeds sprouting in the water, they were ready! now to get them planted tomorrow:)

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm in, too. I've got Chocolate and MiniBar Rose several inches tall already!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I am growing as many as I can! I am even bringing out my old SECRET WEAPON!tee~hee

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

I have the yellow one already growing. I think it sprouted faster than the others.

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

hmmm, of all the years I decided to sow only one kind, LOL. It's a red picottee and just getting its true leaves. Perhaps I'll have to dig out some of my others and get them sown too.

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm trying to grow as many as I can also. I have some coming up but a lot more to plant! Doris

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

there is enough room for everyone! This is gonna be FUN!

I'm in too but I haven't even started soaking mine yet. Is there a time limit on this???

(Zone 8a)

Well Vic...I guess since there aren't many rules and mg's take some time to flower and lots of folks have to start alot later than some of us...How about September?

Everyone????

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

End of september? going for most creative use of? best picture of? what? this sounds like fun:)

(Zone 8a)

Well...Calaliy is our only judge so far and she has free reign of judgement so far...end of sept is fair with me...anybody object???

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

fun fun!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

maybe we can pull Dave in to judge too, I'm sure he could use a good bribe!!

How bout several categories like "most blooms" "most creative use of" "best picture of" "ugliest"(hey, gotta leave a category for everyone right?)"biggest bloom" "best combination"? open to suggestions here.
What will the prizes be? Oh yeah, can't forget my judging "fee", seeds from the winners, hee hee.(just kidding, I'm out of room)

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

I'll be a judge if you still need more. Does it matter if you're not a morning glory expert?

(Zone 8a)

Calalily...your suggestions are great! "most blooms" "most creative use of" "best picture of "ugliest" "biggest bloom" "best combination"...

Gingerlily...you don't have to be an expert to know when you see beautiful flowers...lol

You can be jugde too!

As for prizes...I will donate mg seeds!

This message was edited Friday, May 24th 4:29 PM

Oh Cala...I'm so glad you added the ugliest. I might have a chance - you never know...You probably need to add the most pathetic. LOL

(Zone 8a)

Me too, Vic...lol

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Count me in. I can surely grow the ugliest or the one with no blooms by fall. Have Grandpa Otts peeking through the soil in three days and will have one or two others. Always have volunteer Mt. Fuji in the garden. Sounds like fun. Cala, just what do I need to send you? :-)

(Zone 8a)

Shame for Shame on you...No cheating now Brugie!!!

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

I will be planting morning glories. Sounds like fun.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

this is growing like a weed

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I have eight varieties started, my cup of red double picotee spilled. I had so many of them soaking and that one got covered. I found the seedlings sitting on the counter with leaves dry as a bone!! I planted them last night and they are doing great, these things are tough!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

you're busy ..me too. I have pots started all over the place. Trouble is. I think I stared them too soon.

Blum, TX(Zone 8a)

can we decide later on joining the competition?I never know what is going to do well til it's over.LOL.some of you have MG'S I never heard of,like for instance the yellow one and red picotee . haven;t seen any I didn't like.tis site is my open window to the outside.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I'm sorry......do you think the judges would be able to tell the difference if I posted a brug bloom? Nah, better stick to the rules. I just know I'll be right up there with a MG with the ugliest bloom. Later.......will probably read, but not post for a while. Let's have some fun!!

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Sounds like ya'll will have lots of fun. I will sit this one out but will be waiting for the results. I can help judge if you still need judges.

(Zone 8a)

Tink...yes you can, all you need to do is post a pic by the end of september...check out my mg page for pics of mg's http://server105.hypermart.net/rebeccasgardenweb/mgs.htm

If you have netscape you may not be able to see it though and am working on it!

Mystic...you are officially a judge too! Okay we have 3 judges and only 1 can be bribed so far! LOL

Happy Mging to all!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.