?how many seeds per pot?

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Am soaking some morning glory seeds. how many do you all like to do per pot?

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Depends on the pot size, I usually start mine in 2" pots and I usually put at least 3 seeds(just in case they all don't sprout out) But any size bigger and I would probably put about 4 but again it would depend on the size of your pots or containers.
HTH

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes ... I only put 2 or 3 seeds per pot. If starting them too early indoors they can become a real mess when they start to climb. They'll twine around anything they can reach and untagling them can be impossible.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

ooooo Is like 10 to 15 too much then. ugh!!!!! Dang. Oh well. hummmm It' s not too early to start them yet is it? I should of checked here first. Thanks everyone for your help...I started some like 10 days ago. I had a photo posted. They do tend to get all twined up. I was going to get some steaks to pin them up to tomorrow.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I don't know if crowding would make a difference or not. It's possible they'll all be smaller due to crowding. I'd clip some of the seedlings out. Take a small pair of scissors and clip them at the soil line. Leave 4 or 5 in each pot. They grow so fast you'll get a good show with just a few seedlings in each pot. I start mine usually only 4 weeks early ... maybe 6 weeks if I think they need the extra growing time to bloom. Most will actually do fine by just planting the seeds in the soil but with a short growing season I thinks it's better to get them going a few weeks ahead. I used twigs last year to keep them staked before going out.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

you never did say how big your pot is? Maybe if you try keeping the vines going in different directions you will be fine. or you could let one or two of them twin up together. Far as I can remember they are fast growing vines.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

TWIGS! how clever. M mind doesn;t think that way. Great idea!
My pots are like 3 inch high and wide.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

What about how many put seed a small pot for Pansy?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

RR - do you want to keep them in the pot ... or are you going to start the seeds and then plant them in the ground? I plant pansies about 6 inches apart. If your growing them in a pot you could crowd them a little closer to give the container a fuller look.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Ok poppysue, I already put hang basket about 6 to 7 seeds one spot together of each in one pot and already sprout skinny stems had them start plant seeds about pass 2 weeks now. Does it will grow ok, what u think?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

RR - 6 or 7 in a hanging basket should be fine. Pansies like cool weather. If the weather gets too hot they don't flower too good but will usually start flowering again when it cools off in the fall.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.