European Easter Round Robin

http://davesgarden.com/showthread/207893.html

John good to see you again!

Hi all

I'm happy to host the RR which will be a mixture of all sorts. Hopefully everyone will find something of interest, I know in the last EU RR hosted by Lil we had some interesting seeds.

So far the list comprses of

Baa
Lil
Philomel
John

If anyone else wants to join please post your application, any questions or suggestions below.

I respectfully request all seed packages are labelled with the botanical name if at all possible, if not a short, clear description of the plant as well as the common name would be much appreciated. To prevent the escapee seeds please ensure all packets are sealed well. If you are using sellotape, please double fold the envelope so the seed doesn't stick to it. In the last RR everything was labelled and secured well, so I have great faith in you all.

As suggested it would be nice if we could exchange like for like, i.e a veg packet for a veg packet, annual for annual so we can keep the diversity. No more than 2 packets of one type of seed please, if its in there twice already don't add a third, the last few participants don't want a garden full of marigolds :)

More details to come.

Baa

A quick update.

We now have

Baa
John
Lilith
Philomel
Southmede
Evert
Deblynn

I'll leave the entries open until Wednesday 27th March to give others a chance to see what's going on.

In the meantime please email me your addresses so I can work out a posting route and I'll get on with packaging seeds.

I aim to get the package out by Thursday 28th. If the Easter Hols are going to be a problem for receiving the package please let me know :)

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

By the way, what's the route of the letter..? Lats time I was the last one and I had to send the letter in two separate ¨letters because it was so full of seeds =/

Ivinghoe Beds, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Baa

Ewe are wonderful. I retire to bed imminently (having set out 120 onion sets today) in happy exhaustion.

Yes, I appreciate the problem of getting Too Many Seeds. I promised folk they'd never have to put more than 33p on their envelopes. But the fat pack that returned to me, lusting with packets, had nearly £1 postage on it.

Guess it was all those runner bean seeds, someone had thrust in...

Ought we to suggest, kindly, that - in the interests of everyone's postage - folk restrict their entries of BIG heavy seeds? Like beans?

Yours, overwhelmed with seeds

JOHN YEOMAN

Evert

I'm thinking of making you or Deblynn the first to receive the packages :)

John

I'm so glad you mentioned you were exhausted from planting onion sets and not tired because of me LOL. I reckon you must be sick of beans by now ;)

Naaw

From the quickest draw in the West, to the fastest responder, I can only say...

Sick of beans?

I'm full of 'em!

Now I'm going to bed. (Definitely.)

Love

JOHN

Your keyboard must be red hot from all that fast typing ;) Must be all that bean energy.

Thanks a bundle for your advice, lets see how quickly Baa can cock up this years veg planting!

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi , can I join in too ?Hope I'm not too late .
Sue

Counted in Sue! Please email me with your address :)

Any more takers for the RR? Please let me know before 7pm GMT Wednesday 27th March which is when I will be closing the applications.

This message was edited Tuesday, Mar 26th 4:57 PM

Hmm... I would not like to be the first one to receive it though, anyway - just how it is ok to you. What kind of envelope will it be btw? How big?

I'll check my routes Evert.

A couple of people have emailed me saying they are interested in John's idea of sending the package round at least twice. Anyone else who would be interested in that?

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Fine by me, sounds good :)

OK here are the main details. A sheet of info will also be included in the pack. Many thanks to Lil for the advice :) And thanks to everyone for their support.

The envelope is a large white bubblewrap/jiffy pocket just larger than A4 letter size. It will contain a mixture of flowers; annual, biennial, perennial, alpines and shrub/trees, all ranging from hardy to half hardy in all our zones. A smaller mix of; veg, herbs and a couple of fruit packs. I'm proposing to send out 50 packs of seeds so it isn't too heavy.

The order of posting so far is:

Deblynn
Evert
Southmede
Lilith
John Yeoman
Sueone
Philomel
Baa

Based on when people are away and where you live. If anyone has a problem with this please contact me before 4pm GMT Thursday.

As always if you take something out please replace with another pack. Also to make it fair, if the seeds number under 25, please mark it on the pack.

If we can exchange like for like, i.e., veg for veg, annual for annual that will be great. I know this won't always be possible and exceptions can be made but if we can keep the diversity please help out there.

Where possible please send out the RR within 3 days of recieving it. If you suddenly get called away, which happens sometimes, please let me know via email or on this thread so we can make arrangments and keep everyone updated. If you haven't yet received the RR but will be away when it should arrive, please let me know again we can always rearrange things to accomodate you.

One of the main RR gripes is seed not well packaged. I know many of you are great traders and will ensure the packets are secure like a seed Alcatraz.

Please label the seeds by their botanical names, veg we can make an exception for, but it would be nice to know if it is a Savoy cabbage etc :) If you don't know the name then a clear description will be appreciated. I'm adding Baa to all my packets so if anyone needs to ask anything about the seed they've taken out its easy to see who sent it. If you can do the same that would be great.

If you notice there are two packets of a particular type (i.e., Hollyhock), please don't add a third.

Please ensure the address labels fix securely to the envelope. Reseal the envelope well. If the envelope starts to look poor please replace it with something similar.

When you receive the envelope please post it up here or email me and post here again when you have sent it out to the next person.

I would be interested to know what everyone has taken out at the end of the RR.

Let me know if you would like this RR to come round again.

Pretty basic stuff, I hope we all get something we like out of this and a bit of fun into the bargain :)

This message was edited Wednesday, Mar 27th 5:05 PM

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

its would be a great idea for this to go round again, count me in on that. everything else sounds great though, baa, you're doing a great job!

lil

Yes count me in too please

Hi All

The RR is now winging its merry way to Denmark as I type.

I have enough interest to send it round again, if anyone else want to be included in that please let me know :)

Happy RRing!

Baa

Thanks Lil, I got a bit nervous there for a while :)

This message was edited Saturday, Mar 30th 6:58 AM

Yippee, can't wait. Looking forward to seeing what's in it. Hope i'll be able to put things in that people think are interesting.
Thanks very much Baa and Lilith.

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi,

I'm in for a second round,

Sue

Warkworth, Northumbe, United Kingdom

Me Too
PS what glorious weather
Happy Easter

Golly, golly!

I am sitting (uncomfortably) on a large pile of seed packets. All destined for the RR.

Hurry up, everyone!

JOHN

Hello everyone! I received the RR today and will post it out to Evert on monday. Baa, you did a fantastic job!!

Whoohoo

Thanks Deblynn :)

John, don't squash those seeds will you ;)

We now have 6 people interested in a second run!

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

Why do I always end up joining the site when this sort of thing has started.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

I don't know what I can offer, but I would like to see what others have to share. Oh well... maybe next time...... hopefully.

All the best

Wintermoor

Hey, I didn't put this to my watch threads.. arghh. So, I think I get the letter next week because it takes 2-4 days for letters to get Denmark from here.

IC, wintermoor is willing to join the rr.. Baa, - could he? =)

So, will the RR go round twice if it ever gets to the end? It would be pretty nice I think :)

Oh yes, please Miss, please Miss, please Miss LOL

I'd love a go at this.

All the best

Wintermoor

I'm willing to take anything which no-one else wanted, and I'll pay the post for it from wherever it comes, (but please no vegetables or herbs..... I HATE THEM).

All the best

Wintermoor

Wintermoor,

The more the merrier, we could put you in on the 2nd run of the RR. Let me know your address via email and I'll get the route sorted out for the next lot.

Evert

Are you in for the 2nd run?

Baa, yes, put me in to the 2nd run.

By the way, how thick is the envelope? Over 3 cm? I hope not, then I have to send it as a 'maksikirje' (big sized letter).

What will be the route for the letter on 2nd run?

I use those little plastic bags for my seeds and they are very lightweight, it was just over 100 grams and under 2.5cm thick when I posted it.

I think once it reaches me again I will send out to Wintermoor first then you or Deblynn again before comeing back to Britian, it depends on what people are doing and what holidays they will be going on I guess.

Hi everyone! The RR is on its way to Evert. I hope it won't take too long. Look forward to seeing the variety next time round. :-)

Thanks Deblynn :)

What a lovely responsive thread! What secret sex appeal do you have, Baa, that I lack?

As for a Perpetual Round Robin... here's a tip.

Everyone who took part in my first Round Robins, said "Yes, It's fun. Mail me the pack again". So now I do so.

However, there's bound to be someone who doesn't want to feel obliged to stick on the postage and re-mail...

I automatically re-mail the pack to EVERYONE who took part the first time, but I say "If you don't want to take part in any more RRs, or even this one, just mail the pack back to me. NOW. And here's my FREEPOST address".

Or I could have included some live postage stamps.

That way, they don't feel obliged to pay their own postage on re-mails. Or to tell me they want 'Out'.

So far, it's working.

An applicable idea?

Love

JOHN

Well apart from the fact I always advertise that I'm young free and single John it could be the big woolly Starsky and Hutch cardy, sheepskin bootees and fleece jog bottoms I wear while computering LOL. Sex appeal and Baa is a worrying combination don't you think ;)

Great tip! Thanks a bundle :)

STOP TALKING ALL THAT SEXY TALK!!!!!

You've got me sweating already;-)
Especially the sheepskin bootees..... Oh my Gawd!!

All the best

Wintermoor

I got the RR letter today thank you Deblyn. Good to see your beautiful queen again, heheh ;) And thanks for the stamps. I got a suprise for you from my friend in 02770 Espoo.. I will send it to you soon. I'll try to send the RR forward tomorrow.

Hey, that was fast Evert and glad you liked the stamps. I like surprises, too. :-) I still like the Starsky and Hutch cardy....didn't know you had that show in the UK. Just tell me you weren't forced to endure the Dukes of Hazzard.......

I just sent forward the RR in a new envelope. It will leave next morning at 8:00 and should arrive in 2-4 days.

Deblynn, also sent you the letter at the same time.. :)

This message was edited Wednesday, Apr 24th 1:14 PM

Evert

Thanks a lot for your help today :) Thanks too to both you and Deblynn for getting it back out so quickly.

Wintermoor - down boy, I promise I shall never mention sheepskin bootees again LOL

Deblynn

I remember watching Starsky and Hutch when I was a kid and YES we had to endure Bo, Daisy and Luke Duke LOL! Both shows are repeated from time to time, as well as the A Team, Cannon and numerous others. We even had a lamb named Murdoch, he was completely nuts ;)

I hope the new envelope isn't too 'weak'.

So, Baa, the biggest size of envelopes I can send for normal prices is: 25 cm X 40 cm X 3 cm (width, length, thickness) :}

Thanks Evert I'll keep a note of that.

Thanks -

Sorry everybody for all these envelope problems with me..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.