Sowing and Transplanting Like a House Afire!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Well, all those little seeds I sowed in February are up and ready to stretch their legs, so I've been transplanting 4-6 flats a day. It seems I forget that a 4"x4" container of seedlings can turn into two or three flats of plants! And meanwhile, I'm still planting seeds!

So far we've escaped all the bad weather our neighbors in the south are dealing with, so I'm hoping to be able to start moving flats into the greenhouse by the next week or April 1st at the latest. We'll be having the oil stove going for at least a month to keep things warm at night. Meanwhile 80 flats of plants are sitting under lights..when will I even learn!

Thumbnail by Weezingreens

Wish I were there to help ya WZ'''And still,you're doing a "Superb Service Posting Pics" for everyone in the forums' It's great to actually see something instead of just wondering what the folks are talking about or trying to explain in their posts' Thank you and keep up the good work lady' Sis'

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Thanks, Sis: Visiting Dave's is my therapy!

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Goodness Weez!! That's some undertaking!
Agree with SIS - the photos are great. I've been trying to imagine what your flats and your set up look like and there they are :-)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

My dear DH finished setting up two new plant stands for me..the ones made with PVC pipe, so that gave me 16 more spaces for flats per shelf. That means I can now have 64 flats under lights in the shed and 32 in the basement!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.