Not one trillium

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I am so disappointed!! Saw the remains of just a couple of trillium last year but so far, nothing!! Now that some of the tree canopy has gone I guess they don't like it. However, the sun is not strong yet so can't imagine why they haven't shown!! Any ideas?? Kathleen - anyone??

We here didn't have the moisture like last winter,cold either come to think of it but have a feeling that perhaps our squirrels or perhaps mice got mine. Only found 1 and it was white on the leaves like freezer burn?? Don't know either just supposition' Maybe they just croak after so many years,think???

A nursery near me is only open March - June and they have a Spring garden. I went trolling off round there last weekend and their Trilliums are flowering :(

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

My trilliums don't show thier faces until almost June, so perhaps you just need to wait abit longer. If they don't come, we'll talk...

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Sounds good Kathleen!! I like talking to you!!! We digress so much when we do that it seems we hardly ever hit on our favourite subject!! OK - "I" digress!! lolol!!

i bid on some trilliums on ebay yesterday

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

And how did you do??? When will you know the result? Where they very expensive?? I know, I'm really nosey :-)

still have a few days left but it is a dutch auction and the guy has 200 of them. someone posted a link here somewhere but here it is again. and they are only about $2.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2009691586&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:US:1

Kittanning, PA

louisa,
did you get any from that guy on eBay?
Let me know,
SYR36

woho i got the 10 i wanted yeaaa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

No SYR I did not!! I don't use ebay but trying to pick up the nerve to do it!! :-) well done Troy - lucky you!! Did you realize that I live in Troy by the way!! :-)

St. augustine, FL(Zone 9a)

You may have been looking for them a bit early. My trilliums are just starting to flower now. Some that I planted last year, didn't show their heads at all last year, but they popped up this year, so it may depend on when you planted them.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Karen you are so right!! I'm hopping around like a demented bunnie!! Found two quite large clumps of them and the buds are pushing up. You can't imagine how happy I am!! I didn't plant them at all - that's what's so wonderful!! They are growing in my forest!! Oh happy day!!

Knoxville, TN

yipppeeeee i am so glad them little varmits are up
louisa ,,,cause i was thinking i was going to have to come up there and look myself ..lol [[nana]]

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

the white ones are blloming down the road from here in zone 5 but my purple ones are up but not blooming yet...

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I found some more!! Just nodding their heads now and can't wait to see them open up!! Thanks for the thought nana - I'm like a little kid at Christmas :-)

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Yippee! Yep, nana and I would have been trmping all over your woods digging those beauties out so you could see 'em! Take pictures!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I will Kathleen - I'm so delighted!!! Wish I had a digital though!! By the way, the 'pink' flowers I discovered the other day are now wild rhodos or azaleas!! Isn't that wonderful???

Allen, MI(Zone 5a)

I have acres of them, they are blooming everywhere, last year my kids even moved some of them along with may apples to their gardens, and I see the leaves came up, but no flowers in their garden planted trilliums..

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

KBlueberry - I thought my plants were trilliums but turned out to be lady's slippers. However, I'm still keeping my eyes open for new discoveries every day!! Since we are still in May, they might appear yet!! :-)

Allen, MI(Zone 5a)

Louisa, do you want to trade??? heheh...i've been looking for ladys slippers (which is a native plant in my area), just can't find any!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

From what I have learnt, it is difficult to transplant them!! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.