Friday March 23rd

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good morning friends. I have woken up to a glorious bright morning and it promises to be one of those "I wish it could always be like this" days. (weather-wise of course). As for my plan of action today I am starting to clear the 'don't need' items and food into boxes. I have leafed through most of my gardening magazines, kept the ones that are going to be most useful over the next few months, and boxing the others. I hope you all have a fantastic day and I might pop in from time to time to break up my busy schedule to see how you are all doing and also because it's hard to keep away from you folk!! Catch you later :-)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Oops! An empty room - how disappointing!!

Shall we start on this one now, the other one is getting longer, anyone one in, its around 7.00pm in the US.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Alan - I've just arrived!

HI, get it sorted

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

What, the phone call to my girlfriend you mean? Yes, her son is going to trial next week and it's all a terrible mistake! I know she's dying inside and I along with her also.

What he accused of

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Hi patty, how it going in your part of the world

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Can i join in the conversation, no work tomorrow,hows all your days been. Love Fridays.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Patty - yes, I had a really good day and did a lot of packing. How about you? I would like you to answer the question I posted to you re your honey. Alan, I can't really talk about it here - it wouldn't be fair to her or him.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Sheila, join the party :-)

Louisa ok

Sheila yep theres plenty of room join in

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Sheila, are you in England and forgive me if I have asked this question before!!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

It's quite awful. When my husband died, and a lot of men with him, the government tried to hush it up, the way they always do. It's disgusting!! I do hope your husband has not incurred anything that will develop in the future. I also have a friend whose husband died from being exposed to Agent Orange. Where the heck is the war I ask myself! Its not enough they have to risk their lives defending their country, but to become seriously ill later on - its just too much for me to handle. I just hope my kids and their kids don't have anything passed on down to them, as has been suggested many a time.

Oh yes i live in England in the NW, halfway between Liverpool and Manchester.Who has been on about Gardeners World live, cos if anybody is going i would love to go too, as Bernard hates gardening or anything to do with gardening,so hes soon bored,if he had a choice of a gardening show and a tooth filled, yes he would have a filling. The first show i should be going to is at Harrogate late in spring.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Shiela it was Daisy from Norwich. I'm sure she would love your company!

patty, has your old man got that GWS thing ?.

Sheila, have you checked out the local bus tours in your ares, maybe they have a trip organised to go to GW live, i think thats what i will do around here, dont much like the idea of going on my own though, i hate buses at the best of times.

louisa, read the riot act ok.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Yep! Alan

louisa, have you done any more packing since we spoke earlier.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I think so. Not quite sure when we spoke last....lol In fact, I sometimes don't quite know if Im coming or going! It's my age ya know. I think I may be the oldest one here eh? Would you believe, it's going to get colder again. I'm fed-up with it - like a blinking see-saw. Had I known I would have left the packing for the colder days - it was so beautiful today I could have gone to the Arboretum in Richmond!!

louisa it was about 5 1/2 hours ago, how far from richmond are you then, at least i know where that is.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Alan, At the moment I am just over an hour from Richmond. But when we move I will be only 30 mins away, so between Richmond and Charlottesville. Why, you going to look it up on the map?

Shiela, do you work full-time?

Yes i do feel sorry for all servicemen who are used for disgusting thing, in the 50s our British solders were there when Britain exploded the A bomb and they were just told that all they need do was look away.Disgusting,and now soldiers are suffering illneses after being given drugs for the Gulf war, but governments keep saying oh no not our drugs, not our fault, but yet policemen and women are being given hundreds and thousands of pounds for stress, well what did they join the police force for the teddy bears picnic.There is a lot of injudices going around. That agent Orange sounds absolutely terrible.Sorry will have to sign off now my eyes are slowly shutting, speak to you all tomorrow, sweet dreams to you all when you finally get to bed.
Sheila

louisa, i cant find you on the map, its not good enough, she took the best one, i would have found ut on there, seem that every one is leaveing, i can understand Shiela going though, it is1.30 am here.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

You see, there is 5 hours difference between us!

i never said ther wasnt,did i ?, dont remember saying so anyway, you want a game of tennis for a bit

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

No Lisa tonight. Well, it is Friday after all. Brandy looks as though he is going to be ill. Gotta go!

Ok louisa, see you tomorrow, bye all.

Alan.

Louisa, thanks for that web site, i enjoyed looking through that, it looks beautiful there, i liked looking at the shenandoh park site, now that would be a nice back yard, bye, see you tomorrow, or later as the case may be.

alan.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.