Rogers introduce

Enkoping, Sweden

Hi Friends
I was told by the northerner from GB that he thought that i should introduce myself and now my friends I will.
My name is Roger Dahlstrom I live in a little town called Enkoping in the middle of Sweden only 80 km from our capitol called Stockholm.I live with my family my wife brittmari and daughter Elin 8.We have a small commersial garden in wish we grow vegetables, we process those as vegetables in milkacid we grow also a lot of peppers and tomatoes about 200 kinds of each that I got from you my friends we have a little bakery for persons with gluten intolerans,we put in our vegetables in the bread.I am always interested in new kinds of vegetables and I have contact in every part of the world and my seedsboxes are hugh.I have been in daves garden forum from the start I had contact with Dave before he started it also but as the swede I am,I am quite silent sometime but I love this forum and I love you all my friends.

Your friend Roger Dahlstrom

Hi Roger and welcome to DG' So glad the northerner suggested that you introduce yourself and it's nice to meet you now' It sounds like you keep very busy and that is good' Take care and please with all your doing come here more often and share with us,you probably could teach us all a thing or two of growing plants. Not to mention our wonderful recipe forum' Perhaps a recipe of the bread you mentioned for gluten intolerant people,never heard of that ailment until now,interesting' Your friend too, Sis' from the Sunflower State(Ks)

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Welcome, Roger, and how nice of you to finally come out in the open! Don't know how you could have lurked so long. Your chilipetines will be on their way soon, and I hope you find that they are a nice addition. Be sure Flowox has your address so everyone can send you more interesting seeds. I hope you decide to visit more often.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Hi Roger!!! I guess I should say welcome back since you have been around for a while. We sure are glad you decided to join us!!!!!
sue

Mason, MI

Hi Roger,
My grandmother was from northern Sweden.
She and my Norwegian grandfather
(from the Oslo area) came to this country
in the early 1900's.
My father had tried (for years)
to teach my mother how to make his mother's
Swedish pancakes, but my mother could never get
them quite right. :-)
Your bakery sounds wonderful!
It's nice to meet you here at Dave's,
Oscarsdotter :-)

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome .....How nice of you to visit us in person..Hope you will jump right in and post some of your ways...Just love to hear about all different countries...Your Milkacid, sounds interesting....What is it??? Again welcome, from a Michigander...Wantabe (Diana)

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Welcome Roger..I too am interested in what Milkacid is..
I live in Ontario Canada..
Cheers,
Carol

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Welcome, Roger! I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself; it's nice to learn a bit more about you!!! Your business sounds very interesting, and I hope to "see" you around!

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome to you from the deep south. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

This is one of the great things I like about DG's - the chance to meet in cyberspace someone I would never get a chance to meet if I spent the next 100 years, God willing, traveling throughout the world. Another welcome from the "Deep South" in the USA.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

another Deep South hi! Roger. My BIL is gluten intolerant to a severe degree. He is down for days with just the simplest of things, there's gluten in Everything!!! Glad to see you taking care of those there, I wish there were a nice bakery here for him. It can be a terrible problem.
Anyway-----always love to see you post, it's wonderful having friends so far away!

Shangshui, Henan, China(Zone 7b)

Welcome warmly,friend Roger from Sweden!
Hope to meet you often here.
Jianhua saying hello to you from China

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yet another michigander welcoming you to our gardening community. Lots of stuff here!=] So glad your with us now-
WELCOME to Daves garden!
Im Dori-notmartha

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Roger, welcome. I am looking forward to reading your posts.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Welcome Roger....and I love your recipe for weeds! Howdy from the heart of Texas!

"eyes"

Crossville, TN

Hello and welcome Roger....from the desert southwest...ARIZONA...Jo

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome from Ky.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Howdy do Roger...nice to hear from you.
HOpe you'll post more about your goings-on! Care to elaborate on the mild-acid? I've only heard bits and pieces about it...it is for preserving isn't it? If you decided to post more info please let us know which forum, k?

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Roger, here's a big welcome from Southern California.
Donna

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Hi Roger!
We've been friends long before DG and I'm glad you like it here. We've had some wonderful trades in the past and I hope to have more. Welcome!

Harford County, MD(Zone 6b)

Welcome Roger,from our little state of Maryland...

Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Roger, welcome to Dave's Garden. I think this is the most marvelous thing about the internet - a chance to converse as often as one chooses to someone in Sweden with someone in Vicksburg, Mississippi. Don't be shy in your interactions at Dave's Garden.

P.S. - Dave, you've really got to be proud of what you've been able to accomplish in such a short time! The more time I spend at Dave's Garden, the more impressed I am.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Hej Roger! Välkommen! :) Hade ni snö idag? Vi hade - Ganska mycket.

Annandale, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Roger! Welcome to DG. I'm new as well and having now purused the many forums offered on this website, I've come to realize there are a bunch of really great, caring people involved in the DG family.

Guess what? I even love Lutefisk and Lefse...have it every Christmas! Of course, had it not been for my mother's father (an "Erickson")I wouldn't know what it is. I'm not sure if other DG members know what it is, but I bet you do!!! Welcome

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Well I'm also happy that you have surfaced Roger. I've been here a year today and to think how much chatting we could have done in a year..sheesh!! The mind boggles!!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

A year today!!! Well shut me up!! Happy Anniversary Weezy!! So glad to have you here!
Hey everybody...Louisa is one yr old, today!

Enkoping, Sweden

its great to have so many friends I would like to hear about how you have it.

Your friend Roger

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Roger I'm an uprooted English gal living in Virginia and still trying to understand these foreigners...hahaha!! You will soon get to know who the characters are in this garden and Horseshoe is our mainstay!! He's a little crazy but aren't we all and that's why we love him so much!!! I mean - just look at what he calls me - Weezy!! Actually - that describes me to a T and I might even adopt that as my garden name!! Yes Shoe thanks and looking forward to another year with folk like you!!!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Now now now, Weezy...there are many mainstays in this here garden! And you're one of 'em! (As for me being crazy, yep...I'm certified crazy! And love it. I don't worry about insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!)
Roger, hope to hear more posts from you (and thanks for the email).
Jardin, welcome to DG...glad to see you here! Hope you pull up a chair and get comfy. We'll see more of you, right?
Ya'll take good care...keep smiling.
H.

Annandale, VA(Zone 7a)

Bonjour Horseshoe! Thank you for the welcome and yes, you'll see me around. We must be somewhat alike because everyone thinks I'm certifiably crazy because I eat Lutefisk. Had some left over after Christmas dinner and thought the neighborhood racoons would like a treat, but even they wouldn't touch it...so you know I must be crazy if a racoon wouldn't eat the stuff! J.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

OK dumb question maybe Jardin, what is lutefisk pray???? Oh yes, welcome to the garden :-)

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

Welcome Roger

I live in Ohio in the USA, I to am looking for different people of the world to trade with.

I grow mostly Perennials, And have a small home veggie garden for canning, and I am starting my herbs as well.

We moved a year ago to a home in the country, so we are having to start our gardens over.

I love chiles to, as I am from New Mexico originally, and grew up eating chilies all my life.

Hope to talk and trade with you in the future.

Mike

Enkoping, Sweden

Someone of you wonder what lutfish is I think most of it are made in Norway our neighbore country because they have the atlantic ocean coast they take up a fish called långa then they dry it for a long time and when we get it it could be in water again or dry and we put it in water ourself then we boil it and make a white sauce to it,perhaps I shouldnt write we because I wont eat it.Then we have another fish we (some of us eat) eat called surströmming its a raw fish layed into barrels with onions for I think a year with no oxygen so it will ferment it smells stinking but it tastes better I think it will be eaten in fall august and september.Then we have sill a kind of raw fish into winegar vegs herbs or other things its a lot of kinds to chose from and we eat it often.

Roger Dahlstrom

Roger Dahlstrom

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Roger - now I think I know what you are speaking of and have seen it in Germany!!!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

hmmm...is it anything like herring? maybe pickled herring? Ya'll got my interest up...(I love eating "weird" foods! Usually they are weird to people that have never eaten them!)

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Hello Roger! And 'Welcome'!

Annandale, VA(Zone 7a)

Lutefisk is Cod that has been preserved with lye. In the good old days, full slabs of fish would arrive at the butcher market hard and dry as a board. You'd buy it that way, bring it home and soak it over and over again in clean water to re-hydrate it. Today that's all done for you by a processing plant. The difference in this Cod vs what most of you are used to is that the lye processing breaks down the fish fibers and the result is a transluent fillet of fish. People either boil it or bake it, but beware, if it's cooked too long it will basically disintegrate and will pass right through a sieve like jello! As a matter of fact, my husband calls it "fish jello" and won't touch it with a ten foot pole! There were many times when grandma had Christmas Eve Lutefisk for eight and we ended-up having hotdogs because she cooked it too long..no stores open, either, to buy more and try again.

A white sauce that contains cut-up hard boiled eggs, and melted butter is poured over the Lutefisk w/ boiled potatoes on the side. Granted, you have to learn to eat this stuff when you're a kid because no adult would ever begin eating it later in life!!! If any of you are in Minneapolis (Minnesota has the highest concentration of Scandinavians in the US, thus the availability of Lutefisk here) around Christmas time, I'd be glad to cook some for you to try. I'm the only one left in my family who'll eat it...I need some company!! By the way, I always make a roast beef for my husband and son so if you don't like the Lutefisk there's always something else to eat. I just can't let a family tradition go by the wayside!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

jardin - I'm all for keeping traditions alive and that's a generous and tempting offer you just made!! Could be you might have all of DG turning up on your doorstep :-)

Annandale, VA(Zone 7a)

Louisa, After hearing how Lutefisk is processed I'm not so sure many DG folks will be knocking down my door for this dinner. It's an acquired taste to say the least! Notice even Roger won't eat it and he's right there in Sweden.

(Zone 5a)

WELCOME!WELCOME! Pull up a chair and enjoy all the forums that will take you forever to read lol, I promise you won't be bored.

This message was edited Thursday, Feb 21st 3:36 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.