Any ideas

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Year before last one of my sons and I hauled in five truck loads of stones for some areas that I wanted to improve. It was hand picked and loaded onto a loader and then on to my sons truck. Then unloaded by hand here.It was very attractive at that time. My wife kept saying you need to put landscaping fabric under it to keep weeds out. Well husband like I came up with I'll keep roundup on it and it will be alright. Well she bacame sick and the care I was putting into the upkeep of the landscape went into cooking and cleaning the house because she couldn't. Now here's the help I am asking for. I am redoing this and started today. I am rearranging some of the stones and completely moving some to another area. In the photo there are butterfly bushes and in front of the bushes running the whole length are two rows of spider lilies about 4 inches apart. I am thinking about several flower beds among the rocks. I know it will be hot with the heat off the rocks. Any one with any suggestions as to what would survive the heat. I have seen some beds around here before but don't remember where. I intend to remove the lower of the two rows of spider lilies and move a row of stones up to the front edge of the first row. I wanted to keep a photo of the before and after. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Here are some of the things I thought about
Batchelor buttons
Shasta daisys
Purple cones
Poppies
Petunias- I think this is what I saw in another bed.
Thanks Jim

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!