Corkscrew Vine (flower)

Success, MO

Hi !

Anyone growing this one ?? Just saw a photo of it in a catalog.Think I REALLY need this one lol.If you would like to trade or SASE .... Please write !!

HUGS!!
NOWeedSZ (shee)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

all of mine died!!=[

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Shee..just out of pure curiosity...it's on the Plant database by govols..very unusual Vigna Caracalla(Snail vines) Elaine

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

shee, I have one going, but I don't know what to do for the cuttings. Mine is still young, but it's about 4' tall! I will study on what to do for it, and see if I can get a cutting going.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

tiG, I have buried two runners and held them into the soil with hair pins. One of them has rooted. This is a special plant for me because it came from a special person. I won't have extras for a while though because I already have this rooted one promised to one of my friends.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Shirley,

You have e-mail!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

brugie, is yours thin? I wasn't thinking, I have 2 vines, one is older but cut back. Remember we weren't sure that there were two different vines? Well, the younger one is very thin, leaves are about 3-4" apart. I pinched it back once, but if this is how it's supposed to grow, I don't want to pinch again.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

tiG,

One of mine is doing just great. I wouldn't say it is a strong vine, but it is just trying to survive under lights now and I know they need some very strong sunlight to make them grow right, I'm sure. My other one is smaller, but seems to be growing at the same speed. I haven't pinched mine, just keep wrapping them. I did take a short cutting the other day and put it in water and it appears that it might be getting ready to put out some roots. I can't wait to see this one bloom.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I've got a couple, they are very tiny now. I let it frost on them(I didn't mean to), dug them up and put them in the green huse. It took them a while to put back out, but I think they are going to start growing now. I've heard that the cuttings will root.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Cala, if you need me to start you another one, I'll sure try. LMK.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I would love to have a corkscrew vine and will trade for one at the Panhandle swap. If you will be there and have a vine to trade, let me know what you would like and I maybe I can get what you want (if not, would a right arm be ok?).
Connie

Brugie
These are growing, and look very healthy, just tiny. Thanks, you sure are a sweetie ((()))

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Mine dead sooo disappointed that I got from Cala gave me one so happy but sad dead when it had last minute so cold ice it burned few weeks ago =*( I hope she will send me another if she have extra.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Cala,
You are coming to the swap? It will be nice to meet you!

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Didn't Dave have this vine? Or was he offering another in trade? I recall something, but can't get a clear memory about it.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

he was hoping to get seeds, but never got any.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I have a few that finally germed from seed. These babies sure seem to be very slow growing! The greenhouse goes down to 50 at nite so perhaps that is too cold for it. (Recently I've been keeping them in an enclosed mini-greenhouse, about 12" X 10", and they are at least staying alive.) The are up about 3 to 4 inches tall now, have several sets of true leaves...think I should feed 'em a little something as long as they stay warm?
With any luck and great hope these will make it and I'll have plenty of seeds to share. (I almost bought a tuber, or corm, from Monticello, one for $12 I think. Then someone sent me these seeds.) I'll keep ya posted.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Shoe, what part of my right arm do you want to put me on the list for seed?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

HAH! Well, just the part from your shoulder on down will do! I'll cross my fingers and grow them the best I can. Wish me luck!!!

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Crossing my fingers, and my ankles and eyes and whatever it takes. Just from the shoulder, eh? Take my hand, I'm a stranger in paradise. Good luck, on behalf of us all.

I noticed today that one may be big enough to get a cutting from. Wish me luck and if this works, I'll have one to share.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I'm still going to try to get another plant or two going. Will post if I have any luck.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Ok you guys, I want to be on your list too. No not that list, the corkscrew vine list.

LOL@ Busybee

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Come on now/// I know all of you are writing my name down....Just say I put you on my (give) list,,,

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll put you on my list, but it could be a while. I hate to make a promise just in case, but if I get something to root, I will share.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks so much tiG. Let me know what you would like in trade.
Busybee

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Hey, I want to be on somebody's list too. Please, please, pretty please.
Elena

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I'm like tiG. Glad to share, but have to make sure I have it to share first.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Who ever has one to share with me I will send you a yellow palmeria if you want one. Let me know and I will put your name on it now. I don`t mean to sound like I`m in a hurry but I want to make sure I have that you want when the time comes to trade.
Busybee

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll work real hard for a yellow plumeria.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

OK, Your name is on it. Thanks

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Just dug into my vines that were anchored down and the other one has a tiny root on it, so I think I'll have at least one for someone who will be needing it. I've anchored two more vines down and put another in water. Might have way more than needed when I get through playing. I'm not counting yours, Hibiscus and Renee. Those are set back for each of you.

S.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Bless you, Shirley, you are a good person!!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Brugie, does that mean you might have one extra? If so, put my name on it pls. Or if you don't maybe Cala might have one for me by Roundup time. Has yours been set for anyone Cala?

This message was edited Tuesday, Jan 29th 11:04 PM

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Elena,
I'll put your name on it, but would you send me an email please? I use my address book to keep track of who is getting what. Thanks!!

I promised RedRose one. I looked today and think it's finally big enough to try to get a cutting. OK, how do I do this so I don't mess up? Should I take a picture so you can see if it's big enough to cut. (I've not started one from a cutting).

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh Cala, thank you sooo much, you are so sweet as sugar and that will be fine if you would like to take picture or not it is up to you whatever you feel like. =D Thanks again~

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Cala, please do, and that will help me too.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Brugie, does that mean you might have an extra? if so, could you earmark one for me please? and then we can work something out?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.