Well and Septic

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I am not a farmer but I will be experiencing my first well and septic. Can I post here, or should I go to another forum? Since farmers have a lot of land I felt you would be the best people to give me some well informed advice. I have done a lot of researching especially about septic tanks but I really would like to know of your experiences. The site where our house is being presently built was originally timber land but that operation ceased about 15 years ago. I don't have a double chamber for the septic, my builder says they don't do it like that in VA??? My biggest concern is the destruction of bacteria in the septic and realize that bacteria is vital. So how do I clean my wash basins, toilets, sinks and wash clothes. I use bleach to disinifect these utility areas and now it appears that bleach is a nono! All info would be greatly appreciated.

This thread has 31 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!