January 10th

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Thought I would vent just a little!! May I?? Thanks!!

This is my third day of waking up at 3am in the morning!! So needless to say, here I am, at 10.45am, still sitting in my P.Js when I should have already showered, had breakfast, washed the dishes, made the bed, tended to the cats and their wishes and be happily on my way to the soup kitchen. The first night I was woken up by my cat (who is not very well - poor thing) and he was being sick in the kitchen. That's OK - I didn't mind!! Just couldn't get back to sleep is all!! The second day I was woken up by my husband's snoring!! Talk about a freight train!! I prodded him in the chest and told him to snore more quietly and he said sorry, that his sinuses are playing up!! Yes, of course they were, and they've been doing that every night for the past 17 years!! Could I go back to sleep!! - you got it!! Then last night, I woke up with terrible cramps in my stomach and thought, that's the last time I visit that Chinese restaurant (it happened before you see)!! The food's great - I think!! What is so amazing is that all this occurred between the hours of 2 and 3 in the morning, so I think my brains are tuned into a special alarm clock of their own. I read somewhere that if you do wake up in the middle of the night, never look at the clock!! Have I a guilty conscience then? Is that why I can't go back to sleep?? Not at all, I'm lying there landscaping my garden, praying for all those people who are ill, thinking about those who are about to have babies and special people who are going to have birthdays. Remembering that I must sort out those cards and send to Mike for his project with the kids!! Getting the picture!!! I think I had a life before DG - now DG is my life!! Ah well, now let's see, which forums have I not visited yet!!!

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!