Window crashing birds, Help!

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

My DH bought me some birdfeeders that attach to the windows w/suction cups, while I was washing dishes a bird crashed into the window, then when I went to take the garbage out I noticed another one do it. I took the feeders down till a solution to this problem can be found, I never had this problem w/the Hummingbird feeders that were the same style. Are Finches dumber than hummingbirds or what?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Sorry Michele - I would not use these bird feeders simply because birds will crash into the windows. In fact I sometimes tape a huge X on any large window where the birds might bang into them!!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Michele
Louisa is right, birds don't know the glass is there and crash right into it. I keep sheer curtains or blinds over all our windows to keep the birds from crashing into them. Decals or tape will work too, just something to let them know there is a "wall" there.

Hummingbirds are more cautious from what I've observed through the years Michele' Don't know about the IQ,lol' Sis'

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

I have a large sun-catcher of an iris, about the size of that window and I can see through it in some spots. My MIL bought at the Fallingwaters gift shop, it is a copy of a Frank Loyd Wright design. I have been afraid to put it up, I don't want to damage it. I think it is time to drag it out of the attic and put it up. I really like not having anything other than a valance on that window, it has the best view of the back-yard and veggie-garden. I'm going to see if that does the trick, I really don't want to put tape on that window.

Mason, MI

Hi MicheleN,
We're having a big variety of birds
(not just finches)
hitting all of our windows this year.
A Sharp-shinned hawk has decided
that the hunting's easy at our house!
I feed the birds, and boy,
this year they're crashing
into windows that they've never hit before.
I'm like you, I hate having
the windows covered...
I like to see outside! :-)

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

Just a quick update, I put up the sun-catcher. It is beautiful, and I haven't had a problem w/the birds crashing into the window, and I can see through it.

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

The window cling things seem to work well

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.