New buds

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Such a long time since anyone posted here!! For me it's a case of 'have my hydrangeas made it through the drought and my three week trip to Europe'? I believe I did see some new buds emerging from the soil and with a bit of luck our new snow will give them protection and the water they desperately needed. I haven't received any new catalogues yet so don't know if there are any new hybrids in the offing. Can't wait for Spring - yes I can - don't want to wish time away, it goes fast enough without my help!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

FLOWER??/ WHAT COLOR IS IT??

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Redrose I have only just started on my new garden - last July really and only have two sorts of hydrangea - both macrophylla - one is a lacecap. The colours are pink and then one that turns all colours, from light pink, to mauve, then to red. I don't know what's going to happen to them in this clay soil, even though I did amend it - so next season I should get a good idea what colour they are going to be!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Sound pretty color and I has been looking for this kind , I want that, So far, I have few seeds for white one and waiting for blue one and try to get pink and purple and other too so, would love to give my mother in law to cheer her up. i hate to see her sad and tired most of the time as well she miss her husband and 3 son passed away that is hard on her. Also her daughter has cancer too, that terrible to see her worries all the time about her daughter right now also other daughter sick so often.

Hope your grow so well in the spring (cross fingers!)

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Did Anyone see Martha's cover this Fall of all hydrangea? Well, the picture "made me" buy the magazine~and before you knew it~ I had spent 2 days off tearing up my front of the house and my new back garden and was putting in Hydrangea. I am zone 5. I had 1 nikko from before. It was just a baby. So, I added, lets see,
2 Blue Wave Lacecaps , quite a few Merrit Supreme, Cardinal red, some more Nikko, ANd by the time it was all over,
I had given my rose bushes to the neighbor lady to make room for my new hydrangea. I put in 10 in all. WOW!That was fun! Hope they make it through the Winter.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Welcome mingsmimi to the wonderful world of Hydrangeas!! So happy you were hooked!! You have the ideal climate for hydrangeas I should think. I was in Germany recently and there temps really go way down. I saw many a healthy shrub!! Where did you plant them?? Some of them require partial shade, but I'm sure you know that!!!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

the Bluewave are in front of house in Morning sun. They will get sun till around 10~ish...others are in dappled sun~shade.I have been learning TONS at
hydrangea.com
hydrangeaplus.com
And here and there. I have a file if you need any info. would gladly share with anyone. Can't wait till they bloom!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

mimi, good for you!! It's such a good idea to read up about plants before you decide to start growing them. Yes, here on this forum we are well acquainted with the sites you mention and if you go back to the start I posted some links to some of the most beautiful newer cultivars! I should post the link here for you but this is not my best time of the day (or night)!!!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Kewl beans
Thanks for info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.