Today really bites !!

Success, MO

Feeling sorry for myself today.Guess I just need 'dump'...

Lost my Best Friend yesterday.her name was Niki.My 13 year old dog.She got cancer.It was in her spleen.I COULD have had them try surgery.Maybe thats why I feel so bad...I COULD HAVE.

Vet said it came on so fast,spread so fast.Chances were that it would have returned ... and just as fast.At her age , recovery is hard.I just felt better ME to hurt than HER.yah know ?? Hardest thing I've ever had to do.Couldn't leave her there alone with strangers,so I stayed.

I feel awful !! I know I did right.thats what everyone is saying.Not making me feel any better about it.Had her so long , she was just like one of my kids.Sounds silly if your not a 'pet lover',I know.

TRYING to make something possitive come from this.I had already planned a new rose garden for this year.Stiil gonna do it ... Now it's gonna be 'Niki's Garden'.A memorial Garden.She would like that.She spent hours with me out there.And Loved this Place !! When she was a pup ... you couldn't buy a better tiller !! I'ld just tell her 'get that bug !' , she'ld have a nice hole for me to plant in , in a flash !!

Sorry I posted a 'bummer'.Thats for listening.

Hugs!
shee

I'm so sorry shee,lost my babies recently too,know what you're going through' For me it was 18 yr and still feel like they are here with me,always will be too' I got a lot of support from everyone at the Pet Forum,you need to come over' We keep each other going,so to speak and try to help out'((((((((((((NOWeedSZ and Niki))))))))))))

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Well, shoot, NOweedSZ, I'm so sorry to hear about your Niki. We've lost our furbabies, too, and it hurts so much. :'o( Why don't you post a photo of her, if you feel like it? Sort of a memorial? You could use the photo forum or your journal. :o)

((( hugs )))

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

So sorry for your loss Shee. I just lost my baby in october. It does bite! You did the right thing. She would have to go through so much if you had gone the surgery route - and that would be hard on you too.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Shee, our old dog died Christmas morning - always the drama queen, that one. She was a working border collie, lived hard and died peacefully. It is hard, but we're all here to share the load.

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

I am so sorry for your loss. It is reallystrange because my sister lost her golden retriever, named Niki, to spleen cancer just a few months ago. She did do the surgery and it only gave her 2 extra months and the animal suffered more. I know you did the right thing. As hard as it is you did not let your niki suffer any more than had to. For that you were strong and right.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Shee, my sympathies and thoughts are with you. It's a hard thing to loose a loved one like that, pet/human doesnt make a difference, it's still very difficult.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Shee, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have many furbabies that I love dearly and have lost some along the way too. It hurts. Please know that we are thinking of you during this time and try to find comfort in that.
Joan

Success, MO

Thankyou everyone,

I'm doing a little better as the days pass.All your send Love,Prayers and cards have help me find strength.I Thankyou from my heart.

I tried to go to the Pet forum.A little too soon I think.Wasn't able to post.Did help me smile.Reading about everyone elses silly , lovable friends !! Think when I figure out how to do it,I will post a picture of her.She was beautiful...inside and out.

Giving myself a headache trying to figure out how to work this rose garden.I don't usually 'Plan' anything ... just get a 'vision' and go with it.If I don't like it , I move it later.Don't want to be doing that this time.

Anyone know where I can find one of those ...planners.An easy to use one.I'm not so 'puter smart ;) Free download would be WAY COOL.Vet has been so tactful as to hold the billing until later,after I 'feel better'.I know what that means !!

Any ideas would be great!!

Love and Hugs!! Thankyou all again!!
Shee

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi Shee so sorry I know what it is like-lost three of my friends this past year and two the year before tht-about ten in all since I have lived here and they all hurt so badly but you did the right thing for your baby. My last four babes are all buried side by side under the forsythis bush and I planted on their graves lilies and hosta and daisies and roses. Everytime i weed the beds I talk to my babies and tll them how much I still miss them all. I did hunt up a couple of pet memorial sits on the web and memorialized them there and they wil post their pictures f you send them to them ny mail. Love and prayers Shirley

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm so happy to know others talk to their dead pets! I had to put my precious little LhasaPoo, Ginger, age about 14, down in Oct.,2000, after many surgeries, cancers and other health problems. She was so constant, so much my companion, and it was probably the hardest decision I ever had to make. I drove the 100 miles back from San Antonio, where I had taken her to be absolutely certain it was the only answer, with her on the front seat beside me. At one point, I stopped for coffee, then just sat there in their parking lot and talked to her and petted her. She still had a little body heat, and it felt good to stroke her and feel like I wasn't losing her. Once home, I sealed her into several large plastic bags, then dug a hole under my bedroom window, because I knew she would be napping as close to me as possible if she could choose. I have been adding to the size of the porch, which brings the end of it near her spot, and I know I will think of her every time I sit there on the porch, thinking of how she would have positioned herself to be beween me and the door. When I work in the iris under that window, I always talk to her, the baby talk I used only with her. I still cry when I talk about her, hurt when I think of her suffering, laugh when I think of how she outsmarted me, and in general miss her. You would too? I am validated!

(Zone 8a)

I know how you feel and to tell you the truth you will always feel your loss...it gets better but still there. I had a poodle that bared a litter of 6 puppies and another dog that was a sooner, they got together as did others and when all the pups were old enough I took them to be wormed and on the way home the ugliest pup threw up the pill, a few days later all the pups starting dying but the ugliest one lived...I had to be put in the hospital to have an operation and while I was there my DH sit in a chaise lounger and pup was under it and sat on her and injured her...when I got out of hospital her right leg kept jerking and she nawed at it so I took her to doctors and no one seemed to find out what exactly was wrong with her...leg kepy jerking and she seemed out of pain, everyone kept telling me to put her to sleep because she began not using her back legs and dragged them and I said NO!
We named her 'Crip' and after a few months she started using her good leg and could walk halfway right and was in no pain at all...
She loved me too much as I did her and we were together constantly...I could go out the house to check the mail and she would whine to the top of her lungs until I came back in!
I had her for 15 years and finally in '95 had to put her to sleep because her earlier injury had incapacitated her again and she couldn't walk...needless to say my heart was broken and still is and Crip will always be my favorite pet for I think I will never find another devoted to me as she was!

I'm sorry this is so long but it is a special story and lots had to be told!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Noweed,
I am sorry because I know how hard it is to loose a pet. They are so giving and forgiving and love us no matter what.
Just remember she won't hurt anymore and that it is okay for you to cry and be sad.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Shee, just saw this, so sad for you, still miss our Dragon -toy poodle, the other four foots knew something was wrong also. We did all we could, but had to let her go, hardest thing to do and I was able to say good-bye. MY "talent" that has gotten bigger since I became ill and have short term memory problems, is that my long-term "Memory movies" of those I have lost are now brighter and in more detail and I can still see her doing the "cute puppy routine" and hoarding all the new toys-hence the name Dragon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.