Help Me With Tomato Id

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Last year I at the last minute bought what was to be a marble shaped tomato. It is a good thing I didn't plant it like I was going to. The tomatoes were so good but I don't know what it was. Here is what it looked like: large 4-5" across, shoulders were rippled, yellow with just a hint of red and when you cut it open it was yellow with a small amount of red. I really liked it but have no idea what it really was.

(Zone 6a)

Sounds like one of the many varieties of yellow/red striped tomatoes, which to me all taste about the same. I have raised Hawaiian Pineapple, Pineapple, Hillbilly (aka Flame), Big Rainbow varieties. All are excellent tasting, but I like Hillbilly for the more abundant yields.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I agree with Owen,they're all pretty similar.You'll get a variety that performs better in your conditions than some of the others and there are differences in # of days to ripe ones.Without more info,you might try going back to where you got the plant and see if they stock it when transplants are available. The good thing is,nearly all bi-colors are open pollinated (OP)so you can save the seeds if you get lucky.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I have a few hillbilly seeds I was given this fall. I will try them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.