We have eagles

Geneseo, IL(Zone 5a)

My husband and I couldn't believe what we saw!! Eagles on our property in Iowa. Big!! Such beautiful majestic creatures!! for years we would go to the Mississippi River by the locks and watch them fish, but these were on our property!!! I got them on film and were so excited.. I hope they stay all winter..

Lucky' Hope they nest close to you too' Few ever see them let alone get it on film,what a "treasure" you can always now enjoy'

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

We have them too being close to the mountains. Wonderful creatures!! I can imagine your delight at seeing them :-)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I saw couple of Eagles and few Hawk also few Falcon, it is all beautiful birds!!!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Are these bald eagles or golden eagles? My dh has an attraction to bald eagles. I wish we would get a pair of them here, then I could talk him into some new camera equipment! LOL!

Geneseo, IL(Zone 5a)

Huge beautiful bald eagles. We learned that to have the white head they are about 5 years old, before that the brown. also they eat dead animals, etc. My husband found out there was a dead deer in the field and that was what they were there for. People in the area told us theres a farmer out there who will put his dead pigs in the field to feed the eagles. I didn't even know they ate that. I knew they fished but not the "road kill" type thing. I went by that field and there were lots!! I want to say hundreds but I could be exagerating-- but lots and lots of them. and I left my camera at the shop!!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Jon, I know the "Excitement" that you feel! I forgot if it was early last year or the year before, We had a bald eagle land right at our feeders in our yard about 20ft. from our side window, I'm not sure if he came in for the birds or the extra food I had out on the platform feeders, But, My God, What an awsome site!!! It's a site I will never forget in my life!! And DANG! I didn't have a cam-corder at the time!! I wish I could have gotten it on film lie you did!! ..might have another chance tho .. They have an eagle fest comming up in February ( 16-17 ) at essex connecticut by the connecticut river ...Last time we went there were quite a few bald eagles to see ~ We even got to see a seal floating down the river on a block ofice, And there are a lot of other birds too!! I don't think I could get as good a shot with the cam-corder at them as I could have at the one that was in my yard tho! .... So glad that you got it on film for yourself!! "CONGRATS!!

Mason, MI

We see bald eagles freguently
when we're in northern Michigan.
They're awesome! :-)

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

There's a place where we've gone smelt fishing - and the owners throw left over bait and fish out on the ice for the eagles. Quite a sight to see 3 or 4 them eating.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

We saw eagles in Texas at the shore eating fish that had washed up dead. There were two of them, young golden eagles. They were huge too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.