On a cold and frosty morning

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes, the cold has arrived. On my way back from the doc last night the sky was so clear that I could pick out the familiar landmarks. I'm not sorry - tis the season after all. Not doing much today in the way of preparation, have done most of the baking and frozen the goodies and have even blanched the brussels sprouts to make life easier. But it will be easier this year since there will be just the two of us. I don't mind really!! I did see the grandkids from Chicago this year and my memorable and poignant meeting in Germany with my new grandson Ben will take me through the days until I see him again. So it's yet another clean-up day. It's always clean-up with three cats around!! Wish we had a bit of a blow since I want to wash the bed linen - love seeing sheets blowing on the line and they smell so good!! Then I'll take a walk around the garden!!!!!! The hardy lantana had spread about 5 feet in every direction and has spilled right across the footpath. I wonder if we are supposed to cut this right back or just leave it!! Saw it growing in Malta and it was a huge bush about 5 feet tall and wide. Has to be a different species I'm sure. Have a lovely day all!!

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!