Best/Worse/What didI learn today?come sit spell, where friends meet..always an extra chair

Victoria Harbour, ON

Brrrr it’s cold out there, even had large snowflakes come down but didn’t accumulate.

How are you this today Lindakay? I read your sister’s obituary, written right from the heart and what an asset to all around her, she sure was a going concern,Ii see you in her, can tell you were sisters.

TH certainly are giving you the what forDianne, the know when they’ve been mischievous lol
I haven’t seen that kind of collar, sounds better than the one I mentioned. One of my favourites is Chicken Alfredo,have you ever tasted the one that is in Walmart freezers?? It’s delicious and lasts for many a meal. You have a lot of tools that are. Battery operated, saw Home Hardware had. Battery operated snowblower, just need it for the back entrances, sale ends tomorrow, wonder how good they work, of course they say terrific.as cold as it is i think you should start your fire tonight. Know those Foodland muffins, my favourite are those with lemon in the.

I went to pharmacy and asked if any of my new meds could because of these night sweats, he did some calculations and said just an 8% chance, how he figured that out is beyond me. I’ve decided that all this started to happen so will go back to1/2 dossage of blood pressure pill and will stop taking that leveller they gave me and see what happens.

While out i went to Foodland and bought fixings for a stew, bow I think about it I think I could have gone out for a few meals at a fancy restaurant. Big sigh.

Pat, you are making your place so welcoming that when it comes time to move you may not want to.

June and Pat dropped in this morning, we had a nice visit, if no storm they will come Tuesday and we will do bowl cozy’s.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I am doing ok.
My nephews wife and I went out for a girls day. Got our nails done and a hair cut.
Funeral is Saturday. I will get home to Texas about midnight.
It will be good to sleep in my own bed.
Outrageous how expensive food is getting.
Betty, I would talk to your doctor before cutting back on your meds. Maybe he can give you a different brand.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Linda, I moved my plumerias yesterday with the help of my Grandson so I missed that your sister has passed. I am so pleased you were able to spend all of that time with her. I was thinking this morning and it was strange thoughts. I was wondering who would be at Heaven's gate to greet me? I even laughed because some of the individuals I thought about would not get along.

Linda, I am glad you will be heading home and then to Del Rio to get your home ready for putting it in the market. How is the market there this time of year.

Betty, I have only had night sweats when I was sick with a sinus infection or flu like sickness. I have a blower for my garden that is battery operated and it is great. My neighbor has one also and his is a blower want-to-be. I probably paid at least $100 more but you get what you pay for. Ask them if you can bring it back if it does not do the job.

Our weather here is beautiful but cooling down. I have some gardening to do tomorrow. I was just tired from yesterday so did nothing today.

Dianne, those dogs are just playing with you. At least Chaos got a good run. So there is a bright spot in their adventure. I do not have wood burning but both my brothers do. They both live in the high mountains of Nevada and it is much colder than the Vegas Valley. But I have 3 blankets on my bed during the summer and now I have an electric blanket on. But I do get cold easily. They say people that live in warmer climates, have thinner skin and feel the cold easier. Every time we went to San Francisco I froze. Was not used to humidity in the air.

Susan, still counting down the days. Heard anything.

Emma says we have to go on our walk.

Pat, I love that you are getting close to being able to put your home on the market. One step at a time.

Thank you Sharon.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I agree, Betty - don't mess with your meds without consulation with someone (Pharmacst, NP or Dr). My bloodwork showed I had too much iron in my system, so I stopped my iron supplements (I have a history of anemia, then having too much iron in my system). I asked my pharmacist about my blood thinners though & he said to increase them for 3 weeks, then come to him for an update check because I didn't have enough).

LindaKay - good that you'll be back home in your own wee bed. You'll be able to destress and hopefully get some rest. You sure need it.

Sharon - I just called the courthouse, and as of 2 days ago he had not responded. The 15th is his last day to do so. They said to call anytime & they can give me an update. I'll give it 2 days past his last day so they'll have had time to put any response in the system. At this point, I doubt that he will respond. After all, he wants his "stuff" lol

Pat - you're in a waiting game too, now. Selling isn't easy, but you'll muster through, I'm sure.

I'm going to the NP on Nov 17th, to see what my foot care nurse said may be Fat Pad Atrophy. I'd been talking to my Dr for 5 1/2 years about the "bumpy" feeling in my feet, and he brushed it off. My feet are really starting to hurt and it's going up into my left ankle. I'm wearing cushy socks & slippers to help.
Our snow is disappearing, but it's cool in the house. I'd better wash my furnace filter. It's a real pain putting the door back on the little closet the furnace is in. I have a down-draft furnace (different than those in basements. They're updraft furnaces)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Will be a long day for you Lindakay but yes, you will sleep well with Your pup cuddled in beside you. Are you planning to go to Del Rio before Christmas?

Susan it will be interesting to find out what Bob is up to, am sure he is not as concerned about his things but more about a $$$ settlement re his portion of ownership in trailer, know it’s in your name but think you said in your province he can still come after it. I feel for you, must be terrible trying to walk, think I’d be telling the doctor for further reference that it definitely is something to worry about.

Sharon your thoughts re who would be at heavens gate is a really good one, i will have to think on that.enjoy your wester, feels like 28°f here.as for blower mine are cheap ones, the kind when you buy weeder you get the blower. Don’t know of any blower that could handle the amount of leaves I have other than what my guy has, commercial lawn mower with hose and trailer he pulls, last Friday he said he hoped to get here this week or next, sure am anxious to get it done. Glad you have blankets to warm you up. I did have a double bed electronic heating blanket but it died on me, but this throw is great, i cannot take the cold either, except of late with the sweats

Idid speak with my pharmacist Re getting off the special med doctor put me on, he instructed me what to do and it will show me whether these sweats are from the pills or something else. I put in a call to my doctor, he will call me at 8:30am on Tuesday.

I’ve had a busy day, was at therapy at 8 am (my last) then met with the top dog, not in my best interest to start another session. He taped my back and shoulders and I can leave it on for 3 days then told me to ask my doctor for a prescription that is mixed by pharmacist, salve that helps with inflammation and freezes the area.

I then drove to Barrie, I had my machine serviced several months ago but i still think something is wrong, took it to the shop and she checked it out, said it was fine, hmm, carried it to my car but when i got home I noticed she forgot the foot petal.grrr

I also dropped in to an equipment dealer near Barrie where I bought my self propelled lawnmower, my riding lawnmower, Chris who owns the company lives a few door away from me. I told him I checked all the big box stores for one, read reviews and didn’t like what they had to say. Chris showed me a battery operated one, strong batter and says it’s got excellent rating and he would recommend it to his mom. Lol
Of course a little over double the price of what the others were, like you say Sharon, you get what you pay for, he said he would put it together and deliver either tonight or tomorrow night, they are calling for freezing rain so all depends on weather.

When Greg and Noah were here last night there was a portable sewing machine that was sooo heavy, had Greg put it in my trunk, thought I would drop it off at the dump this morning but I didn’t.i did a bit of shopping inBarrie and there was a Value Village so I dropped it off there.

So in between lifting my big machine 8nto the car, lifting that heavy duty old one on the steps of value village, putting my machine back on the table, working out at therapy I can hardly move.

Already had my bath, sent a message to Kristin that they are calling for freezing rain, she lives about 12 miles away that perhaps they shouldn’t come at 4:30, she agreed so I am a happy camper.

Thought I would warm up stew I made yesterday, put it on too long with no lid, big sigh, have a micro to clean. Sharon drove over and I gave her 1/2 a pot of stew.

Ziggy wants out

This message was edited Nov 9, 2023 7:57 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

What time's dinner, Betty? lol Wouldn't someone at Value Village take it out of your car? Would have been better than you hurting yourself.
Does your sewing machine have a button to push for sewing? Pushing it a second time stops it sewing. My foot pedal broke, so now I just push the button on the main part of the shaft above where I thread the needle. I have my reverse and lift needle buttons there, too
Bob, being Bob, is really concerned about his things. The lawyer I chatted with on Oct 30th said that he has 2 years to ask for more, but 99% of the time once he's gotten his stuff the courts won't give him more - he'd already accepted what was agreed upon so they take a dim view of him asking for more..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes the machine will work on start stop Susan, I just prefer the peddle. Feel bad for you, know you want is over and done with and he is likely trying to frustrate you.

Did you hear Shania Twain’s tour bus was in a bad accident?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

We had a blustery day. Wind suppose to slow down tomorrow. Emma and I have already had our walk and sitting in my overstuffed chair in my bedroom with a blanket over my legs. Watching a program on PBS but paused it so I csn communicate with you guys.

That is a mess in the microwave Betty. Sorry that had to happen to you. Very pleased you went with the higher priced snow blower. You will be happier in the end. AND, you should know better than to pick up that sewing machine and march it up the stairs. They probably had a dolly inside. You are your own worst enemy when it comes to your body. I can say that because I do the same thing. But lately I have started asking for help.

My brother and his step-son got a big elk. I have no idea what they are going to do with all of that meat but there are always families that will take the extra meat.

I sent Betty an Instagram reel today stating that Canada has more lakes than the rest of the word combined.

Susan, hopefully this will soon be over. What a pain. Just keep the faith. My two new furnaces have a filter built into the system. Big ripoff. Last year they were $74 and this year $97. Only one needed to be replaced because the other one was still very clean. Unit is not used as much. When Bob was served, did he say anything to your friend?

Linda, I hope you and your sister's friends and family are having a nice visit and some down time. It will feel so great to get back home and back to your new normal.

Sharon, we have been taking it easy, going through old photos.
When I leave here sat night, I am flying into San Antonio, then driving to Del Rio for Sunday and Monday..going to do our best to get things cleaned up. Then driving 8 hours Tuesday to Amarillo.

Victoria Harbour, ON

We had freezing rain last night so there’s still a thin layer on the roads and on the grass but I’m sure with the weather increasing in temperature it will soon be gone. Imagine, with all this cold weather we’ve had and the next two weeks will be in the mid 50s best of that is it will make our winter shorter not having snow all through November,now if we could only get through December. Lordy Greg best not hear me say such things, his snowmobile is out of storage and waiting for snow.

Sharon, thank you for the info with regards to the most water, i will reread, think Ontario is the province that has the major lakes. You really should come visit in the summer, I’d say anytime but you would freeze lol
As you say, there are so many with little to no food that they would gladly take the meat. Do they keep the stacks and mount them, used to be a thing but doubt people do that anymore.

You are made of good stuff Lindakay! Glad you got to have a day out with your niece, you both needed it.that will be quite an emotional day on Saturday,, then to leave for San Antonio only to drive a few hours to Del Rio. With nothing left in the house guess you will be staying in a hotel. Is your home in an area that homes sell fast?

Chris dropped off the snow blower, now to figure out where i will make a charging station, the battery it is as big and my riding lawnmower battery.hope I won’t be disappointed that it will be less manual work than just shovelling.

Think i will bring up cutting supplies, iron and Xmas scraps so i can organize them by size, that is a forever job, a big tote full, that will be my project for the day

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Came down sick, tested positive for Covid and I am now just waiting it out. I have done nothing for 3 days. Everything outside is tore up with sewer project and they are now digging under the house.
I am going back to my recliner, read & nap, repeat.

Yes, most houses sell quickly.
Yes, we will get a motel room.

Pat, sorry to hear that you have covid. Take care of yourself.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Drats Pat, with all the work you’ve been doing these past few years you have to be run down. Sure hope it’s milder form..outdoor and inside work can wait.

That is good news Lindakay, may some nice family want a home for Christmas.

Just climbed into bed, would be nice if whatever I’ve been fighting would come out in full force and get up it over with. I set myself up on the coffee table and sat on the couch cutting steps and squares all day, just took a good portion of cbd/thc oil in hope that i can ease the neck and shoulder pain, here is hoping. Hard to believe that doing something so simple would do me in, discouraging.

Ziggy just climbed next to me, wants to cuddle, best i et him a bit.

This message was edited Nov 9, 2023 6:10 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Bob can not send any messages to me via someone else, because of the "no contact directly or indirectly" Peace Bond. When Dianne served the papers on him, he didn't know what it was, put the envelope down & proceeded to bowl, because it was his turn. He has to respond within 20 days from being served, or accept the divorce as I filed it. He has until Nov 26th to get his stuff off my property or I can dispose of everything as I wish. A friend of mine has already asked for the compressor.
I found out today that I (from having had an ECG on Nov 3rd) have a Right Bundle Branch Block. Yup, the feeling of having an elephant sit on my chest was a signal. I increased my blood thinners & will call the NP tomorrow to see about getting an earlier appointment than the 17th, to discuss this. Any exertion caused me to feel breathless. I am feeling better now, and it could be because of the increased dosage of my blood thinners.

This message was edited Nov 9, 2023 8:14 PM

Susan, I hope your doctor can get on top of the issue and get up and running again at full speed.
I am having issues with Davesgarden. I open a picture and it won't let me advance or close.
Still not feeling great but doing better.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon, cold, dull, a tad of sleet earlier.

Susan, sorry to hear, something you will have to be extra cautious..let’s hope they act on tests quickly.

Bet like the advent calendar you are counting off each day

Pat,I’ve been sick over past few years but I do not think i have Covid although a few times felt like it. I’m thinking it’s something that you have nd gets better by the day til it’s gone, thinking it’s something you get relapses so sit in that chair with Stanley and rest..

You should have seen my bed last night, grabbed all the pillows off mom’s bed and created a lean to so i could push my back into it, did help a bit. This morning I took that belts i bought for sciatica pain and strapped it just under my arms, helped.been on the couch most of the day, other than laundry and doing a bit of typing up I’ve been laying on the couch with heated throw,not sure why i got dressed today, would have been more comfy in nighty.

I sent Linda a message, factory direct has a sale on heated pillows, asked her if she goes out today or tomorrow could she pick one up, mom might like it, am working on her Christmas bag.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

back home from NP's office & hospital
She said my ECG was good, and I'm pretty healthy. She did order a chest x-ray to find out why my chest was feeling pressure and a left foot x-ray to find out why I'm having pain in the outer portion of it, and it's lesser in the right foot so didn't need x-ray in it. It would be the same issue in both feet. It's possible that it's just the stress I'm under that's causing the pressure in my chest. I've gone off my iron (too much in my system) and increased my blood thinners, so may just need those adjustments & I'll be fine.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

according to the x-ray my heart is fine & lungs are clear. She figures it's the amount of stress I'm under. As for my foot pain, I have osteoarthritis in the MTP part of my left foot (center of the outside edge), and I need to wear shooes with good support. Heels were bothering me, so I had switched to flats. Now I'm wearing flats with insoles.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Had a blah day. Emma had three walks. Two by me and one by Brian. I went to Costco and purchased toilet paper, paper towels and Kleenex. That was close to $70 just for that. I purchased no meat and still spent $305.00. I purchased two small Butter Ball turkeys. One was 9 lbs and one 11 lbs. I put them in my freezer. Always make a nice dinner for weekends and make great leftovers. I will use them after the first of the year. Always hard to find small turkeys.

Betty, so pleased you took the day off and rested your pain. Our weather has leveled off into mid 60s. Lows in the mid 40s. So far my tomatoes have not froze. But I think next week I will cut out the tomatoes and do a DIY greenhouse for the peppers. We are suppose to get rain Thursday and Friday.

I purchased some extra eggs at Costco because I want to make some egg type muffins for snacks for me. Going to have to go on line to find a recipe. I purchased spinach. Anyone on here have any ideas. I have a really sharp white cheese and a regular cheddar cheese that I can grade.

Susan, glad most of your health problems can be solved by getting rid of Bob. Lets hope that happens soon.

Linda, just checking in with you to give you hugs to help enforce your strength for your sister;s services. Please know we are all there with you. And will be along with you when you travel back to Texas and the long drive to Del Rey. Be Safe. This long year is close to coming to an end.

I think I may have my grandson come over next week and help me get my Christmas down. I think I am ready to say hello to my old friends. I am going to buy some small potted Christmas tree to decorate the back garden where the plumerias were and then donate them to the mountains areas after the new year.

Hello to all of you and I will check in tomorrow.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Remembrance Day, to those who lost their lives for our freedom, to the families who lost their loved ones, to the soldier who once again fight for freedom of all and their families a heartfelt thank you and prayers to all.

Lindakay, you have a long emotional day ahead, sending prayers and hugs.

Sharon, you must be caught up to get the urge to cook/bake. Is that the normal weather for this time of year.did you decorate since Vern passed? Emma was spoilt then, 3 walks, it’s a bright crisp morning here, been watching people walk their dogsHow old is your grandson that will come help?I am torn between wanting to decorate and not decorate this year, miss my pretties as well. Giant Tiger has good quality Paper towels and toilet paper for $5.99 each with maximum of 3 per person so I will drive into town this afternoon and maybe bring Kentucky fried chicken home for supper.

Susan, stress can cause so much illness, everyone says don’t worry but that is difficult to do…osteoarthritis is something that will not go away correct. Can your doctor make appointment for you to see one of the companies that make shoes made to your needs, costly but linda has them made and says they really help. Great news about the heart though.

Not sure if I mentioned that since I got off that pill no sweats, bow to tell the doctor on Tuesday what I’ve done.

I’ve got the clippers in my car, before heading to town this afternoon I will do a few stops on side of road on back concession for red dogwood and maybe some greenery, this week would be a good time to make Christmas outdoor arrangements but before I do I must strap myself up.

Now that Sharon mentioned getting her pretties out I’m thinking about it lol. Maybe after sewing class this morning Mason and Evan could bring a few totes and set them on back deck. Last night I brought in one tote that said “betty’s bedroom blanket and mice’” nope, just a bit of junk. This year I will have to carefully mark what is in each tote.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2023 8:01 AM

Thank you Sharon. Today won't be easy. I will need all the strength to get through today. This year has been a whirlwind. Don't know where it went.

You and your family are in my prayers Linda as you give your sister this farewell & tribute.

Sharon, blah days come & go. I wish they were all "good days" but we would not appreciate the good days.

Betty, snag those little helpers EVERY chance you can get!! Consider that extra help a "tip" for sewing lessons! the kids do not know how valuable their help is. It is so easy for them, so they underestimate the value to us.

Susan, I agree, get rid of Bob and a lot of the stress will go away! That said, Marie told me my Ex had been in touch with her and asked to meet with her. She told him she would consider it next week. On further reflection, she has decided he can just live with his mistakes and sins & she does not need to assist him in making amends. You can bet it's for HIS benefit and not really for anyone else's. (I sound cynical. LOL)  

Negative Covid test so I am "back on the road again". Marie & I want to see a couple of open houses today. I want to buckle down & hire some help to get this house as polished and ready as possible, we can't sell it if it's not listed and I want to make a GREAT first impression. To speed that up, I have to have help. Guess it is time to open up the wallet more.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Looking at the clock, almost 4 so imagine Lindakay it’s airport time for you. You can go home knowing you are the best sister ever to have been there with her during the mourning period of losing your husband, know I could not have. Do try and grab a few winks in flight to San Antonio.

Glad your test is negative Pat but think you should take a few more days to recover. You are right, it’s nothing for the kids to carry a few totes is that, just bring totes from shed & under the deck is nothing for them but to me it’s the difference of being able to have my Christmas pretties. I will call Evan and Mason to come bring in totes, i am ok emptying them as each Item gets put in same place every year. If you are going to open your wallet it might as well be for something worthwhile and bringing the house to where you can list it sure is a good reason.

I’ve had a hot bath, cooking hamburger in gravy and mashed potatoes for tonight and starting on spaghetti sauce.Jee asked if I could make him a batch and freeze and he will come up before Christmas.

Glad I started with going to Norm’s Garden Gallery this afternoon or I’d not make it after shopping and getting in ditches for the dogwood, i almost passed out at what they are charging for mini bundles of live greenery, guess I will have to do a concession ride early one morning. With not brining in totes yet and it looking like I was shopping in Frankenmuth i just had to buy a new Christmas piece, pretty tall church.

I am do8ng a test run on this cute snowman pillow, Walmart said they had pillows for $4.44 but when I went there wasn’t even 1

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Yes, stress can cause a lot of health issues, and I'm very cognizant of that. That being said, my iron was too high, so I quit taking the supplement. I tend towards being anemic, but also after awhile I even out & then get too much iron in my system. Also, my INR showed I had less than optimal blood thinners in my system. Stress will cause that, too, so that's why I've increased my meds, with the NP's & pharmacist's blessing. I'll get my INR retested in a few weeks. I don't want to get too high, either.
Today I'm working on cutting out the nine-patch squares. I need 99 per lap quilt, and of course the center piece (which is a Maple Leaf Heart Block). I've cut enough for just over 2 quilts. Time to get back to it lol It's almost like an assembly line - spray temp adhesive on the cotton, put the top fabric on & cut into 4 1/2" squares. It's going faster, but then so is my cotton supply lol Thank goodness for thrift shops.
Yes, my NP asked about me being able to get orthodics, but I'm seriously down on my bank account ($25 left, but do have overdraft protection. I hate to use the overdraft protection - always has to be paid back. I've gone 2 years without using it). Between the divorce filing, electrician, plumber & mechanic, my account was really hit in Oct. I'll be fine - pantry's full & so is my freezer (have powdered milk & can make bread), just have to wait until pension this month, and DO need to get these lap quilts done.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2023 4:13 PM

Susan, doesn't take long for all those expenses to add up and drain the bank account.

Betty, I am glad you are getting help with the totes.

Safe travels and good luck with getting the house ready Linda.

I have a roof repair guy coming Monday at 10, I have ONE small spot right at the entry that is raised. Of course it's the first thing people will see & I want it fixed NOW.

. My electrician called and asked if he could start tonight.... guess I am making a run to HomeDepot or Lowes to buy the overhead lights and anything else needed to finish this particular project.

Marie & I attended 7 open houses today. Most were not viable options after viewing them. We have an open house to attend tomorrow and 2 appointments after church in the afternoon.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Pat - I've never liked open houses, either having them, or attending them. Tire kicking mostly. Get people's hopes up, on both ends, just to have them dashed. Yes, you might find one jewel, but there's a lot of rocks in the meantime.
Of Course it's the one thing that's noticed - your eyes are drawn to it and then so is everyone else's lol

Betty - looking forward to those totes! You're so talented. No wonder you're the choice for people to send their kids to learn from you, oh master crafting lady!

Nov 20th - looking forward to making spaghetti for the Community Dinner. Our MP & MLA are donating door prizes for our event. One of our grocery stores donated $50 gift cert for it, and I'm going to contact the local farm (they have a meat store on their property) to see if they'll donate some hamburger for the sauce.

I arrived in San Antonio at midnight. Going to get some sleep and drive 3 hours to Del Rio tomorrow.
My youngest son Andy, and grandson got to Del Rio about 9 this morning. They have been busy. Said the empty house had several black widow spiders inside, so he sprayed real good. I hate spiders.

What a sweet son! It does not take long for Black Widows to move into anywhere empty. One of the contractors told me that in the 21 years he has been doing excavation and digging under houses, he has been bitten 19 times. He declined my job since it evolved going under my house and the crawl space is not real generous.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad you arrived safely Lindakay, imagine you are in Del Rio working your fingers to the bone. Not a fan of spiders but they don’t scare me, remember years ago when i was 9n vacation in USA the doctor felt a spider had layed eggs in my forehead.

Sorry to hear Pat that he has declined taking on the job, now what will you do.

Suzanne visited me this afternoon as did Cathy, wasn’t long after they left thatI climbed into bed

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Emma and I have been sitting in the courtyard.This time of year it is warm. During the summer it is too hot. I have some pots to water. And Miss Emma needs a bath. I usually do it on Saturday but my housekeeper was here because of a flight delay coming back from Alabama. She is so funny. She is an American Citizen that came from San Salvador. She was shocked at seeing Alabama. She said it was a very poor area. She said she saw many houses that looked like they should be empty but there were people sitting on the front porch sitting in a rocker. She said, just like in the movies.

Been a quiet week. I got a lot done but now need to cut back some more plants. Have an appointment on Tuesday and Thursday, so plenty of time. Suppose to rain Friday.

Linda, so pleased to made it to San Antonia. So special that your son and GS are helping in Del Rio. That will make it go much quicker. Are you going to buy something or live with your son?

Betty, you are already in bed and I am just getting started. I haven't eaten yet. Did have a cup of Hot chocolate Collagen.

Pat what did you think of the houses you saw after church? I am not afraid of spiders but I would not like to crawl under a house in a close quarters crawl space. Do not forget to have you Realtor give you the value of your home when Ben died. That is your new starting point for capital gains. And everything you are now spending is added to that. It has been such a short period of time so you probably will not be hit with a large capital gain. Same for Linda.

I am heading inside to give Miss Emma a bath. And grab something to eat. I have waited so long I need to have a snack because dinner is at 5:30.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

ewwww spiders in your forehead, Betty? How in the heck did they get there, through a cut?

Busy working on cutting the squares for the 3rd lap quilt. Have one on a design wall, and the 2nd laid on a sheet on my bed. I'll take a picture so I can take it off for bedtime tonight lol I should do the same for the one on the wall, so I can put the next one up there when I finish the cutting for it.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I think that happened when Betty and her friends were dancing with the young guys in New Orleans and that made the witch doctor mad. How else would you end up with spider eggs in your forehead.

Susan, glad you are keeping yourself busy.

I just got word through family that they was a murder in my home town. Has not been one since 1964. This close to family if you go around the block a few times. My brother's son was married to this beautiful girl from a small town about 15 mikes from Pioche. They moved to Vegas, bought a home, had two children and then she decided she wanted a divorce and moved back to Pioche. She had a drinking problem and so did her mother and father. Her husband, my brother's son Steve, stayed in Las Vegas, moved up in his job and married a school teacher. Years go by and my brother and his wife and their daughter that lives in Pioche end up taking care of the two children because mom is drunk the majority of the time. Mommy remarries and the man she marries had a son the same age as her boy. Things appear to smooth out but behind closed doors the drinking continued. Both children go to college. Home for the summer and discover their step-dad has filed for divorce. He says he cannot take her drinking anymore. Last week while ex-wife to be was out of town, step-dad went next door and shot the neighbor. He shot him on Tuesday but body was not discovered until Friday. They brought in Las Vegas Metro and it didn't take long to figure out it was the step-dad. Now step-dad is in jail, alimony that was suppose to support mom is gone and house is upside down in mortgages. Pretty soon she will be homeless. And she expects the two boys to take care of her and they are 22 and 23. I asked why didn't she go stay with her mother down in the valley. Can't, her mom is still a drunk and mother's boyfriend is a drug dealer. You cannot make this stuff up.

I am getting ready to go to my daughter's for dinner. Emma had her bath and we had a nice walk in the sun so she could get dry.

Betty, Yes, the one company turned the job down,, but Quality excavation, accepted the job & they should finish this Monday or Tuesday.

Susan, I envy you sewing! How I wish I was sewing but it's going to be a while before I can do anything like entertainment!!

Sharon, that is why my mother always read "non-fiction". Real live is crazy enough without fantasy & novels! Unfortunately the captial gains point will not help as much as it might have in different years. The prices have skyrocked since Ben's death almost 4 years ago. So, it's a new starting point but will still be a shocker I am sure. I will seek some legal & financial help figuring it out. Ben's name was NEVER on the title of the house.

Pace yourself Linda, a day or two longer is NOT that big of deal in the long run & could make the difference between you being run down & tired. You have been thru an emotional wringer.

OH MY.... we finally saw a house we BOTH fell in love with! It already has a contingency offer so if we want this to happen, we have to come up with the financing quickly and make an offer. We'll start the whole process again on Monday. If we are lucky Marie's stocks will be worth the money we need. We are both disappointed that our broker has NOT gotten back to us. She was out sick with Covid but she had it plenty of time BEFORE she got sick, & is back in the office now. These past 4 days the office changed locations.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

good grief, Sharon - what a tale and a half! Nope, couldn't make that up lol

Pat - the lap quilts are 99 blocks each (x5) and I'm spending time cutting, not sewing yet lol
My prayers are with you & Marie getting this house!!!!

LindaKay - hope you're in your home real soon!

Back to cutting lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, will be a clear crisp day today, Wednesday and thursday in mid 50’s then rain for a few days, got to say rain is better than snow. If we can get through next 2 weeks with no snow it will have shortened the winter..when my boys were young we did see many a time that we prayed for snow Christmas Eve, hasn’t been that way in decades.

Sharon, relax all you can before it heats up again.shakes everyone up doesn’t it when there is a murder in a small town, quite the history this family had. I never understood the reason for drinking, one can have a better time without.few of my boys don’t drink at all and says it’s a curse,always harassed at functions because they don’t. I travelled back roads in Alabama with my girlfriend Barb the year before Roger died, we did all of Texas, even crossed over into Mattamoris (?) Mexico. On our way home we thought we would sightsee, so very very poor back then, little homes no bigger than my living room, rockers on the front porch, half boards were missing, older people siting just a rocking. Some of these homes had trucks parked just beside the porch and i guess they would drink a beer, throw cans/bottle in the back truck bed. I do remember that we were on a dirt road, speed limit 15mph, was in an area that cut trees and shipped by rail so we couldn’t pass the trucks for oncoming trucks so gave us plenty of time to take in the view. Don’t know if it was true or not, could be plausible, there were what could have been plantations in back of the. Many little run down homes, we were told the were slave home and always they were put in front of plantation so people could see how rich they were having so many slaves..different times.

I’m rambling, was sitting at table and my legs and feet went numb, got to be a pinched nerve causing all this extreme pain on my left

Susan, Sharon is likely right, strange things happened to bad people in times of voodoo witches lol

i so hope you and Marie Pat can make this happen. It the house right in town, price within the range you were willing to go? Praying it happens.

Lindakay, hope you can get what is needed to be done in a few days and finally get home and into a routine while waiting for surgery.there will be many memories come to mind while you clean, overwhelming times for sure.

Well Dianne did you finally break down and light up your stove?new week so hope you can get Chaos to the vet.

I bout a bag of chewable for Ziggy that helps with hairballs, only to take2 a day. They are soft so I cut it in little bits and and to regular treats. Cats are cunning, 3rd day I am trying to get him to eat it but nope, he eats all his treats and when i check the little hairball med pieces are still there. The little treats bag was $14.98, guess i will have to go to vets and get kibble that has the med in the roof.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thought i would check in on you all but guess you are busy

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm working on cutting the blocks for the 3rd lap quilt.......... better get back to it lol
Thought I'd pop in and say "HI"

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I spent over 2 hours watering 4 different areas in the garden by hand. I used 4 different hoses and I have those really light hoses that stretch when filled with water. I could not manage if I had to use a regular hose. To heavy for me. I got a few things done today. I finally made myself a list so I would remember what I needed to do.

Pat that would be wonderful if you could get this house you really love. Instead of Marie selling her stock, have her borrow (margin) against them. When she sells her house she can pay off the margin account and not be stuck with the capital gains on her stock, unless she wants to sell them. . And with selling the house, any thing you place into the purchase of the new home will be deducted before your "real" sales price is calculated. So anything you are paying for now can also be deducted. So keep every receipt.

Emma is giving me the evil eye that it is time to go to bed.

Hugs to all. I have an HOA board meeting tomorrow.

Sharon, I don't have the patience to water by hand consistently. We have explored several options and frankly the best one is to stay put until 1 of our houses sell. NOT my favorite answer but it's the logical one & I just have to trust that the right house will be ready for us when we can buy.

Progress... want to see what my sewing room looks like without all my fabric, storage shelves, overhead shop lights and teacher desks?? Look at #4. I don't have the new curtains & rod up yet.

Betty, is that the pictures from when the MD thought a spider laid eggs in your forehead?? HOLY COW... ICKY!! lol

I hope things are going well with getting your house ready Linda.

Susan, wishing you best of luck and enjoyment on your project.

*sigh*, that is the view of my "front area" of house. They got the sewer connected yesterday and they are supposed to fill everything in & spread new gravel etc today. I have MOUNTAINS of leaves to mulch & bag.

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.