Best/Worse/What didI learn today?come sit spell, where friends meet..always an extra chair

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1560235/?page=3#post_10555550

This message was edited Oct 26, 2023 11:57 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon everyone,

How is Kathy doing today Lindakay?

it looked like rain at any second at 7:30 this morning so out I went and did the rounding up of leaves and mulching after an hour and a half I decided that I would start cutting down some of the greenery in the gardens thank Got a bright idea, today might be a good day to bring out the Christmas lights and put them around the deck. That way I won’t be freezing my fingers come snow time and I will brighten up the front deck til Halloween has passed. Still hasn’t rained.

Just got in and my body is telling me I need to grab an hours rest before I do anything else so with a hot bowl of soup and a roll I’m laying down in hopes I can get an hour, recharge my battery.

Waving to all others

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you for the move, Betty.
Well tonight, hopefully, Bob will be served divorce papers. Dianne couldn't find him in the town he's moved to, so she'll serve him at the bowling alley before he bowls. I know he'll be there.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Here is hoping it will go well Susan. Am sure you are heartbroken it had to end this way. Pouring rain here, tried to get comfy on the couch and have a nap but phone rang twice, both reading saying “could be spam” so decided as Ari will be here soon for her lesson I might as well get up, big sigh.

Guess i set up light timer incorrectly, can see the lights flashing to music, guess that is a task for tomorrow..Barrie in the morning and fish fry dinner at the Legion at 4 so somewhere in between.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Emma and I are sitting on the couch on my back patio. She has had her walk and her breakfast and I have had my hot chocolate collagen. I do not drink it for the collagen but the hot chocolate. Has low carbs and tastes just like hot chocolate.

Going to an art exhibit today on photographs with my grandson who is a photographer. Then we are going to lunch. Not doing daughter's landscape until next week because she wants to be here and grandson let it slip what we were planning on doing.

I have the majority of the spring flowers planted but have to put the plumerias into the garage sometime next week or no later than the week after. They do not like it when the weather hits 45 or lower. My SIL and grandsons come over and move them to the garage. I have three to four hummers that spend the winter, all males. This is the first year we have ever had mosquitoes. They do not bite me but they are raising havoc with the rest of my family. So it has cut down our time outside after Sunday dinner. I am going to try again to propagate some coleus cuttings. I think I ended up with 4 that made it last year.

They finally started construction work on step son's condo unit. It will probably still be close to a year before he can move back into his unit. Still fighting who is responsible for all the damages done inside the 3 units that were not burned but destroyed by the homeless that moved in.

Betty, you did get your rain. I never answer my home phone. The majority is spam.
I saw a video on Instagram where you out the leaves in a large round garbage can and then put a weed eater inside the container and it chops it all down and then you spread it.

Susan, so do hope all goes well and your friend just has a smooth serving of the papers. What happens after he is served. I know you told us but I forgot.

Lynda, you are in our thoughts and prayers today.

Pat, maybe your architect decided to listen this time. Soon this will be behind you and you and Marie can move to having fun and get rid of all of this stress.

Hello to everyone. I will return. Hugs

Victoria Harbour, ON

Drats and more drats, haven’t been watching t.v. For several days, too busy, shouldn’t have put it on, terrible news in Maine, praying for all those families.

Sounds like a great day for you Sharon. I also saw that post about weed eater in the green barrel, ok for someone with a few leaves but Lordy no go here. Yes, heavy rain for several hours and more expected for tomorrow.after doing all those leaves today about same amount on ground again. There has to be about 1/2” of mulch all over the grass in most areas, hope that amount doesn’t kill the grass. You

Must be a few years Vern’s son has been with you??at least for right now they have started, he will be glad to finally be home again. I wanted to bring in my coleus but waited too long, frost got them but I did get the Angel trumpets cut but where oh where can i overwinter inside.

Little ones, no secrets lol oh well, it saved you work.is his photography landscaping?

Best try to get some sleep, Dianne if you are lurking can you send the little sleep fairy this way. What i would give for an uninterrupted night of sleep. Have the alarm set for 6:30am, don’t know why, always awake before that.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Kathy has been in a cranky mood, doesn't want to take her meds. Keeps mumbling that she is tied up. Hospice nurse this afternoon made her take the morphine. She slept till about 30 minutes ago, whimpering with pain, so I gave her another morphine dose. She refused at first, but I told her it's doctors orders. She is just now dozing off for the night.
Hospice nurse said that everything is shutting down, and her mind isn't thinking clearly.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Linda, the end can be so confusing to them and painful for us to watch. Hugs to you both.

How fun to see your grandson's work on display Sharon.

Still just packing, cleaning & decluttering. Adam came and got 4 of my storage shelving units for his rental storage. I am going to sell one of my Hickory storage sheds so needed to move some of those units out. He needed them, win/win.

Waving hi to everyone, bundling up, it's become cold here suddenly!

Our weather is changing here in Michigan and Amarillo Texas. Both places are supposed to drop to 22 this weekend.

Verona, ON

~~~~ to everyone. I have been forced to lay flat as a battle of vertigo has taken over my body. It started last Sat. afternoon. Zeke has been an absolute delight and hasn't left my side except to go outside. He has also picked up I guess from Chaos to stay by my side when I make my way to the bathroom.

Stay safe.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

*Hugs* Linda - the end must be near for your dear Sister, and I pray for peace for you both.
Diane - I've heard that vertigo is nasty & I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

Now that Bob has been served the papers, he has 20 days to dispute them, or accept as they are. Nov 15th is 20 days from now. I also told him in the paperwork that his stuff must be out of here after another 10 days, so 30 days from now all of his stuff must be gone. Light at the end of the tunnel, but my gut is churning.

Sorry to hear that Diane. Praying it goes away quickly.
Susan, praying he agrees with everything and removes his stuff.
I will be here till next Thursday. That makes 1 month I have been here
I need to get back to Texas, to Del Rio, and get our old house cleaned and ready to put on the market for sale.
Of course everything depends on how Kathy is doing.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I can't begin to know what you're going through, Linda Kay. You're always "on your toes" waiting to spring to some kind of action, but won't know what it will be until it happens. God bless you.

As my mom used to say, stay busy and you
stay out of trouble.

LOL, I like THAT Linda!! My Mom never used that quote but I know she believed in that thought. The horse I got when I was 12 was the best thing they could have done. If I wasn't ON the horse riding her, I was out earning the money to keep her. They only paid for pasture & hay, not shoes, vet bills or yearly shots, Equpment, or grain!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Does mean that I'm NEVER IN trouble? hmmmmmmm

Yeah Susan... where there is a will, there is a way!! No matter HOW busy you stay! LOl

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

LOL yeah, Pat!!!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

So annoyed. I had my computer on, a heater (it's cold in the den) the radio and I was ironing quilt pieces. Pop, the breaker went. I turned it back on and it popped again and now it won't go on. Guess I'll need to have an electrician come asap because I don't have wifi now and that means no security system or tv. I have my cell phone and that's it. No home phone. I guess I am blessed to have water, heat and other electric but otherwise my place is SO quiet. I'm ironing in the kitchen 😋

Try unplugging everything. Then reset the breaker. Then turn one thing back on at a time.

What Linda said!!! ;Yes, the iron AND the heater together on one breaker is likely too much. Definitely do NOT have your computer plugged in while you are figuring out the electrical. You don't want to fry that!

I cut long strips of fine netting to make a "tutu" for the 18 Inch doll and left some of the strips that I did not use on my sewing table. Stanley came into the kitchen, and he had this sad look and I realized he had about 8 inches of netting hanging out of this mouth that he was trying to swallow. I pulled it out and over-handed another 12 inches worth out of him!! Poor kitty!! Apparently, I need to be more careful cat-mom.
Up before 4AM. I fell asleep too early last night and now I pay the price. I hope to get a new black dress hemmed. I have LOTS of jackets Marie gave me to wear over it. BABY it's cold outside! Look at what happened this week to my dahlias! #1, #2 is JUST before the weather turned cold and the painter had not started. #3, after painter finished. It doesn't show my flowers very well but I was trying to get new pic of the picket fence after Sharon & I rerset the posts and painted everything.

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Pretty posies.
I spoke to my neighborhood electrician who's here now. My computer is on a surge protector. Twenty minutes & a new breaker - $100! This, on a Sunday no less! He lives in my community, so not a problem with the distance. He happened to have the right breaker in his van. I love living in a small community :)

This message was edited Oct 29, 2023 10:22 AM

Glad you got a new breaker Susan.
Pat, what a difference a new coat of paint makes.

Where is Betty?

This message was edited Oct 29, 2023 1:20 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hello everyone,

Called for rain but so far we haven’t had it.

Hope Kathy is not experiencing pain today Lindakay.

Where is Betty? Lordy i can barely remember all I’ve done in past 2 days, yesterday had the kids til 8:00-3:00pm then went shopping for what I needed to make Rick who is home hospice grandma’s meet pie and cranberry pie then to bed I went.
This morning i was up at 5:30, had inside looking spiffy then outside at 7:30am with my rider still dark, light on the rider and started to do the leaves, young Ezra who sewed with me missed me and wanted to come over and sew, parked my lawnmower and had a fun few hours with him then upstairs into baking, it’s been forever since I’ve done meat pies and cranberry pie,hooe they are eatable,

Was going to go to Barrie and deliver the pies but after cleaning my mess up I just don’t have energy to do so.

going to go out and do more leaves then I think an early night for me.

Will be back hopefully to respond to you all a tad later.

Yes Susan I’d be like the girls said unplug everything and plug one thing in at a time, when breaker goes off you will know which is overload

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

That is a lot of pies Betty. I have not had a meat pie for ages. I bet they come out here around Christmas. I will need to look around. You had a really busy day.

We woke up to very breezy weather and colder temperatures. I have a pot of beans on with a ham shank. I started the beans after soaking all night and went into the pantry and had no broth. i had enough for the ham shanks but not the beans. I never shop, especially on Sundays but I was in need so I went to Trader Jo's. What a mad house. Place was really crowded but people are always nice. I ended up spending $122 but bought several items that they only have this time of year.

Susan, a failed breaker is very frustrating. That was an inexpensive replacement of a breaker. Here it would cost $75 just to show up on a week day. Amazing he had the part. You do not want to mess with breakers, they will burn your house down. Counting down the days for you so we can have a toast to your freedom from Bob.

Pat, the house looks great. So sad about the dahlias. My coleus will suffer the same in a few days. I am going to take some cutting tomorrow for propagation. That had to be really scary about Stanley and the material. Lucky you found him with it before it got stuck in his system. My son who lives in Spokane says winter has arrived.

Linda, thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

You all have a great Sunday.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Sharon, you're right - frustrating. I was really worried about having no security camera, and no wifi which meant no tv (I only stream Netflix, but that's my entertainment. I don't have tv channels). My coleous was brought in about a month ago - large patio planters & all lol
Betty - the breaker was fried. There was no saving it. You sure had a busy day!

Linda - sorry to hear your sad news about your sister, but know that she is now pain & worry-free. Praying for you & the family.

Today I'm finally working on the 5 memory lap quilts. I know, I should have done them months ago. I wasn't home much this summer, and my stress level was way over the top. I'm now settled in my mind with a bunch of "stuff" calmed down & done, so I can now do quilting.

Susan, did Linda post on facebook? I don't see anything here about Kathy's passing.

Linda, you were there for her, that's all any of us can do. May your family feel the peace and comfort of Jesus Christ through the Holy Ghost that He provides.

Betty, you were busy as always!!!

Sharon, Yes, I'll hope Stanley has no complications from his adventure. WINTER has arrived!! I drug out the coat my sister gave me last year and it's too big. Fortunately, my favorite black wool coat fits again & I am happy to past on the too big one!

Excavation on the new sewer connection starts on Wednesday. I imagine I will lose a LOT of flowers and also have to move my posts & picket fence. Oh well. With any luck I won't be here in the spring.

Kathy is still with us. Just sleeping a lot. Only wakes up for a few minutes to be adjusted in bed, a sip of water and more morphine. We are taking it one day at a time.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

My apologes, Linda Kay - It must have been me reading aanother post on FB.

Off to coffeetime this morning.

Victoria Harbour, ON

As a reminder to us that winter is on its way Mother Nature sent us some flurries, yuck

Lindakay, hard to imagine someone so ill can have the strength to fight for life. Do you have an open return flight ticket?? Know you thought you would leave Thursday but likely you will have to extend it.

Pat, what was the reason for the sewer work?big job

Did you have an electrician come fix it, could go back in the posts but pain says no

I cancelled tonight’s class, shoulders and neck are giving me the what for. I’ve had my bath, taken pain meds, pain patch and cbd/thc and comfy in bed.part of the problem was I had a bra on, heavier top that lays on the neck and then a jacket, that is all my neck needed.

Sharon, Linda and I went to visit Rick, had some shopping to do, should have known not to ask Sharon, no sooner did we leaveRick’s that Sharon wanted to go home, before she said she would go i messaged her where I would be going, no go, had to come home.

This losing balance for the birds, sending you a photograph

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I have a set date and time, but can change dates with no fees. Hospice told us her vitals for today. Blood pressure was 90/45, pulse was 56, her breathing has slowed way down.
Sorry to hear you are in pain Betty. Hoping all your meds will help.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

If you're asking me about an electrician, Betty, the answer is yes.

I got a call from the RCMP - Bob wants a date to pick up "his stuff". I said Saturday Nov 4. I went to an "Ask a lawyer" free session today, and asked if he picks up his stuff, is that saying he agrees to the division of property, and she said he has to agree to the divorce 20 days after he's served (Oct 26th), but he has up to 2 years to counter the division of property. However, she said once he's accepted his property, the chances of him getting more after the fact, is very slim. 99% chance he won't get more after the first acceptance

Betty, it was necessary to connect to sewer because my drain field is failing. The city requires anyone that is within 200 feet of available sewer to connect rather than put new drain field in. I am sorry you are so miserable.

I hired some help and got some stuff moved. Now to work on all the mess. I didn't have time to really sort and clean the contents of the 2 desks I had moved. Everything is just piled in my sewing room.

I am going to lose a butterfly bush and lots of bulbs as well as some other perennials. I just keep telling myself it doesn't matter; I won't live here much longer.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Good on you, Pat - they're just "things", and you're moving so those "things" wouldn't have been yours anyway. Glad you've gotten some stuff moved.

Tomorrow I'll let you know about the "Ask a Lawyer" free session I went to today. Had questions about marital property settlement, and I'm still trying to absorb it all. She'll send me a typed copy of her answers to my questions & then I'll be able to understand it, I'm hopeful.

Victoria Harbour, ON

It’s Halloween, are you all expecting trick/treaters?

Thinkingmifmupyou this morning Lindakay, must be getting harder and harder on you watching your sister in her final days.

Dianne, are you still down from vertigo? Don’t know how you do it, i have in past month just a slight bit of it and it’s more than overwhelming, must be just horrible trying to keep the TH fed and exercised. Looking out from my bed across the street I can see snow on the roof of houses, looks pretty but hate to see it come. Best I get my shovel out of storage.hope if you had any it’s just a dusting like me.

Just took a bath, Neo citron and back to bed. Didn’t sleep much last night, had the sweats, starting f sore throat, worried about having visited Rick yesterday and maybe giving him a bug..drats that would be terrible

Susan, such a long process for things to be totally finalized, but you are getting there.

Pat, are you and the neighbours financially responsible for these upgrades? Glad you can find another area to replant your pretty.

Going to try and sleep

Hope you are feeling better soon Betty.
Years ago, Del Rio decided no more septic tanks allowed. We had to hook up to city sewer lines. For a mere fee if $2,400.00.
My brother in law says they have close to 300 kids show up for candy.

This message was edited Oct 31, 2023 10:27 AM

I wish it were $2,400. No, its $32,000 by the time I am done with all the expenses. I am responsible for ALL of it. Oh well.

I will only have about a dozen kids and I bought fruit snacks yesterday. Lots of times I buy the good brand of pencils. I don't like having candy in the house. I EAT IT! and I shouldn't. I've already told Sharon when she comes on Wednesday, she needs to take ALL leftover fruit snacks for her grandson.

Headed out to Marie's. I am dropping off my pickup truck so it's out of the way of the construction. THEN, go back and move my 2nd pickup. I know who needs 2? I don't and need to get Ben's Dakota sold.

Saying prayers of comfort and peace for you and family Linda. May the end be soon and peaceful.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy, 300 kids? Here i thought 75-100 was a lot. How is Kathy today Lindakay?
Hugs for you my friend.

Omg, surely not everyone can afford to pay for those updates, do they divide and put some on your taxes? Didn’t buy a lot of candies, should have for the wee ones, bought cans of pop for all. Maybe I can look to see what I had in Lindakay’s orange glass pumpkin .

I was in bed all day, just got up, will stay in nighty, got a shawl for my shoulders, had to cancel hair cut so I took one of the witch pumpkin hat, wear a mask and pretend I’m dressed as a witch.

I was in a sound sleep, woke up to a call telling me her sister Lorraine, 86 years old died last night and gave me visitation hours Friday as they knew I’d want to know. By the time we went through all the formalities I didn’t want to ask who she was, i went on the funeral home in Penetang (my home town) obituary posts, they have a photo of her, I do not recognize her. Embarrassed or not for not knowing who the caller was I should have asked her who she was. I am 75 she was 86, 11 years difference, not likely someone I spent time with. Hmmm maybe wrong number??

That's a lot of money to get you hooked up.
Betty, that is a strange call for sure.
Kathy has been out since 8 last night. Hospice nurse was here at 2. Kathy opened her eyes, and never acknowledged she was there. She is still sleeping.

I feel bad for you and Kathy, Linda. I know you don't want to leave her and Kathy probably doesn't want to "stay "here on earth.
Yes, a lot of money. No, I don't get to share the cost with anyone. I don't have a choice in the matter so I will move forward.
Marie shuttled me back & forward from her house twice to get the 2 pickups moved over. We stopped at a thrift store and I bought 4 long sleeve warm shirts. then on to Marie's. She gave me turtlenecks to wear under them. Now to go BACK thru my closet and put out the short sleeve shirts that are too big and make room for these clothes. I hope to get everything in the car and ready to donate.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.