Anybody still growing \'Potato Top\' tomatoes?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've written about my favorite tomato, now also called "Limbaugh's Legacy Potato Top', and they were the backbone of my tomato patch for years. Here's the article, if you're interested: https://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2213

I've sent out thousands of seeds from the strain I had, which was identifiable not only by having potato type leaves and bearing med-large pink tomatoes but also by some fairly unique small, vertical, light colored dashes in the skin, especially around the shoulders, sometimes looking like tiny tan scars in the skin and sometimes barely visible as a more lightly colored pattern in the skin.

Due to family matters, I didn't start seeds and barely gardened for a number of years. My tomato seeds were stored at controlled room temp but not in the freezer (I didn't know then what I know now!), and they seem to have aged out. So I'm broadcasting a plea:

Is anybody growing these? Better yet, is anybody still growing descendants of the seeds I shared?

(the close-up photos show those little markings in the skin on tomatoes where they were especially visible)

Thumbnail by critterologist Thumbnail by critterologist Thumbnail by critterologist
Fairfield, TX

Have never heard of these but they sound wonderful. Checked online and it seems that tomatofest.com sells the seed.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks!! I did get a pack from Tomatofest last year. They were very good but not the same "strain" as I'd been growing. If I can find a few of my old seeds while de-cluttering, I'll try again to get them started.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.