Looking for \'Renegade\' bush bean seeds

Carson, WA

Several years ago we had fantastic success with a dark green bush bean called "Renegade" - Originally bought the seed from Territorial in Oregon State, local to us here in the Pacific NW. Have contacted the seed company and they are discontinued, no real reason given except "they may have not been popular" - These bush beans were the best, darkest, tastiest and most prolific we've ever grown, around the year 2010. Does anyone have the seed saved? Would love to grow it again and save the seed. Replies appreciated greatly!

Castro Valley, CA

Maybe if you dmail Farmerdill he might know.
Read comments
https://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/152472/#b

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

The production license probably expired. Very common with hybrid vegetable seed where the originator doesn't reveal the hybrid lines. If it's not making enough money it gets shelved and sometimes reintroduced years later. I don't see it at Vermont Bean, Fedco, Johnny's or any of the places that I usually order beans from.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Not a hybrid but does carry PVP protection. Commercial variety developed for machine harvest so doubtful home gardener groups would pick it up. When seed developers merge overlapping varies are dropped. Rogers was taken by Syngenta and it does not appear in their offering.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Dill, is there a similar variety you would recommend for Jamimpire? I only grow pole beans.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.