Need low evergreen for buffer

Citrus Heights, CA

Have 3' - 4' wide buffer strip about 15' long between driveways. It is on my property. Have two dwarf crape myrtles in it and four low growing Indian Hawthorne that are about 10 year old and getting too tall. My experience pruning Indian Hawthorne has not been good. Full sun, Sacramento 20F winter and 112F summer extremes. I planned to let the Crape Myrtles grow as large as they like but my neighbor parks 3 cars in a 2 car driveway so I have to trim the Crape Myrtles. Need something about 1' tall or lower to grow in that area to replace the 4 Indian Hawthorne. Search engines are worthless. Any ideas. Vinca can work but we also have snails and they seem to love populating in the Vinca. Lavender is too tall. low growing rosemary is hit an miss here and it gets woody real fast. Tried it before.

Thumbnail by sgkent
This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!