Wal-mart employee mad me cry..........

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

I go to wal-mart here for almost everything because it is convient and they have plenty ofthe electric wheel chairs for us to use. I have a terrible time on that cement. I had just had a really great day with my kids on saturday and on sunday i was up all day cleaning house. so today i am paying a little with a litte more pain. I went to wal-mart to get aa few things. I entered thru the center doors and got a chair. while out in lawn and garden the battery died and i had to walk from one end to the other of a super store to get to another one. I could not get anyone to go get me one. The greeter who signs them out at that door snapped at me "are you going to bring it back this time?" I told her I was parked at the center and that they could have an associate bring it to her. she informed me in no uncertain terms that "you always leave them where they don't belong." i told her yes I do when the battery dies. I cannot push that thing back to the front of the store. By now I was in quite a bit of pain and when when you hurt sometimes your voice will pitch higher than normal. she screamed at me that I was hollering and I tried to explain that I did not mean to that I was in a lot of pain and needed to sit down. she then had the nerve to tell me that "well, if you hurt you should have stayed home." I got so upset that I started to cry. Then I got angry because I pay her salary by shopping at was-mart. I was so stunned but I did find a manager an explain what happened. I saw this greeter a little later in the store and she said "You thought you would get me in trouble didn't you, but it didn't work. Does anyone here know the address of the main office so I can write them? I guess I have vented enough but I am still so upset about this. This was an older woman whom you would think would be more caring and comncerned about her customers.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Dear JCF, no one should ever talk to you like that! I am posting the link to Walmart's headquarter's e-mail. Please send them a letter explaining as you did on this post the events that transpired, especially the comments of the person after you spoke to the manager.
Be strong, determined and confident in your rights!
Write a letter to the editor in your local newspaper.

What that woman said to you in unthinkable! shame on her! shame! shame!

People like that really (and I mean really) get me going.

http://161.165.200.61/wmstore/wmstores/HomePage.jsp?template=OnlineForm.jsp

there is also a place on the link where you can get the e-mail address to any store, I would send the e-mail to the headquarters, then cc the store where this happend.

We can all send them an e-mail telling them how appalled we are at their behaviour etc etc.

Please let me know how you make out

Dont let that one woman's comments get you down.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

oh Janet!! I wish I'd been there with you, oh that makes me mad. I assure you that at the WM where I worked she would never have gotten away with that, and especially the after remark!! You deserve a huge apology and I sure hope you get it. Be firm, don't take this! so sorry this had to happen at the holidays, why don't people think before they speak??

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Janet, I feel for you but don't think you'll get anywhere with headquarters, although I wish you luck and hope you do.........see, I used to work at what I like to call Wally-World. Had a nervous breakdown at work one day when 5 customers in a row got irrate with me and started to cuss me out because I had to tell them what Wal-Mart policies were on returns (I worked the service desk)........it was one of those really bad days........well, needless to say I broke down and went into a hysterical crying fit and couldn't stop...........after about almost 2 hours when I finally got back to normal, they had the nerve to make me go out on the floor and stock the isles.............I was never so embarrassed in my life........eyes all read and puffy, tears in my eyes........nose and face red from crying.....you get the picture. Not one manager came to my defense when this all happened. No one cared. Needless to say, I quit.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Janet, how horrible! But I agree with Flowox, you will not get any help from Arkansas. It's not like when Mr. Sam was alive, when customers were royalty. (Even the merchandise isn't as good). It depends upon the manager or a district manager, and they are all too often not concerned with exactly the things they are hired to handle. Maybe writing a letter to the manager or DM will help, and if you can find her immediate supervisor, try to explain what happened and why you were upset. Don't waste a lot of time with it, though, as it will only drain you and not do you a bit of good. Those cute ads on television about how nice the sales people are mean nothing if the local crew won't carry it out. You can draw a lot of satisfaction in realizing that her boss might be a total jerk who is giving her a hard time and therefore she isn't inspired to do anything to keep her job. I hear a lot of WM employees saying the bosses are great to the customers but totally hateful to employees. And I've been at their mercy more than once. I still shop there because they are convenient to me, but I don't expect to be treated with respect. When I am, I always go out of my way to thank the employee responsible, because it's generally a thankless job with low pay and ratty hours.

(Zone 8a)

Hi jcf,
I hope you got her name off her tag! I would call the store you went to and explain what happened, you should have persisted that day but realise you were probably tired and upset as well as shocked!

I was in a walmart one day when the same thing happened to a man and no one would help him and I went to get someone to help him and made sure they went to help him!

Hope you get some results!

Hey Flo,
My DD worked at wally world too...a few years ago around xmas she worked in the toy dept and a lady asked her if they had a certain item and when my DD told no they were out, this crazy woman hauled off and slapped my DD in her face and turned and walked out! I wish I had been there and she would never have walked out because I would have dragged her outside and beat the #!@$% out of her!

The walmart in our little town is joke...there are lots of things not being done there because of lazy employees and the workers are always running around and not doing their jobs!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

imaseedpicker...........you don't have to tell me anything I don't already know, there's actually a site dedicated to slandering walmart where people who have been unsatisfied will post where the store is and the problem they had.........I'll have to find it again........you would not believe all the things that are on there. Poor Sam is probably turning in his grave

Please call your walmart and follow up with email. I sent an email about our local walmart. DD picked up a gallon of bleach that was opened and it spilled down her shorts and ruined them. She went up front and told the cashiers (it was late in the evening) and they said there was nothing they could do. DD dropped it but when she told me about it, I emailed them. The manager called me at home. I used to love going to walmart - not anymore - vic

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

The chairs are used so much that they are seldom in full charge and they know this. I have had them run out of charge on me also but they have always brought another one and help reload it. If I had been there I would have told her that I pay her salary and she could a least be civil than I would had run over her accidently of course with the cart.

We have a nasty greeter at our Walmart also and I told him if he smiled he might feel better. He scowled even more so I just smiled and went on my way.

Most (no all) of the WalMart help needs help theirself.
They seldom even know what they have in the store. You get the help you pay for in most cases and they sure don't pay that well.

Did I get off the topic? Sorry

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

[Sis', your point is well taken, not ALL the greeters could possibly be nasty... wrote my comments when I was a little huffy about our friend's treatment in that store. I can only speak from personal experience about our local walmarts...]

This message was edited Saturday, Dec 22nd 10:19 AM

jcf I'm so sorry you had a "bad day" and that's putting it mildly,not trying to be nasty either'
No John,I personally don't believe that the greeters are ALL NASTY'
Traveling many years and shopping at Wal-Marts because they are located close to the interstates and where you least expect to find them and being able to park our rigs we have for the most part been received well'
Many of our neighbors are Walmart Employees and know personally what is expected of them,no easy job either'
And yes,like most other stores they also still have the "cheer"
We have made many deliveries to distribution centers as well as Bentonville,Ak'No we don't work for them either' They have one of the most guarded and respected security of any business known today' Other corporations could learn from them'
Had it been me Janet,I would have demanded to speak immediately to the manager,no ifs ands or buts,immediately' I wouldn't have been treated like that ever by anyone'I too have encounted many disgruntled employees shopping and acting about as helpful as a "rattlesnake" when you can find one,that is' Evidentally,your "greeter"needs an attitude adjustment and wish I could be the one to give it to her' We know many drivers that deliver to your store so will inform them to look into it ASAP' There's more than one way to "skin a cat" She is taking a job away from someone that would appreciate having "hers" too'
Manners are free no matter what you're being paid for the job'IMHO Sis'

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Well said SIS!!!!

:D

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I drive 10 miles to the next town because the store in Georgetown isn't as friendly, and my son and DIL boycott the stores totally. The greeters in both towns are nice, and most employees are as well. When I arrive, since I have been using the electric carts most of this year, several of the greeters in Round Rock automatically pull out a cart for me. When I was able to walk enough to shop without the cart after several months, the checkers and greeters alike at the RR superstore, a large store, cheered my progress. But they still know I am sometimes too tired or having complications, and they always offer the cart. They also seem to stay close by to help me reach things. I have been peeved with some, but had to say a good word for the ones who deserve it.

There for the grace of God go I'

This message was edited Friday, Apr 5th 3:33 PM

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Sis, It is my understanding that anyone can use the handicapped stalls...
What kinda irks me is in Walmart, they dont have changing rooms for handicapped people (IN ours anyway) and no chairs for someone to sit on. My son has a very hard time getting changed, and being 13 is so embarassed to draw any further attention to himself, that when I make a fuss about a chair he gets angry with me, the alternative is for him to try and lay down on the floor to get dressed, and unfortunately with him, he needs to try clothes on before we buy them... But I am a bit demanding, and tend to make a scene....oh how he hates that, but I keep telling him, that it is his right to be able to try clothes on, if he were in a wheel chair, it might be easier, but he is on crutches and people dont realise that he has absolutely no balance, he cannot stand up without either holding on to something or on crutches, if you walk by him fast and create a wind, it knocks him down, it is the oddest thing, and if he is without his crutches (in the house - he walks holding on to furniture or the walls) and sneezes, or a door slams, or any loud noise, or he coughs, it just knocks him down. and another thing that irritates me...while we are on the subject...stores that have linoleum floors, we live in rainy country, it is always wet outside, and when he walks into a store, (walmart included) he slips and falls, and this is sooooooooo embarassing for him, cause then it takes him a long time to get up, cause he can't get any traction on his crutch tips, and I used to be able to pick him up, I would crouch down and he would put his arms around me and when I stood up i could straighten him up, but now he is too big, he is almost as tall as i am, and it is just a pathetic scene, then people stare, and there are the ones who offer to help, and egads, Alex gets so flustered. I dont know how to avoid this problem, I have asked our safeway to put out mats but they havent and I am tired of asking.... one of these days I am going to go ballistic in a store and make a scene like they have never seen.
When Alex was younger, it didnt bother him as much, but now he is at that awkward stage....
Those are my beefs in life today

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I can imagine it would be terribly embarrassing for an adolescent to fall, as it was for me when I slipped in a supermarket on a wet floor. I was past 40, but I was so humiliated. I couldn't believe the way I was ignored, and couldn't get up for a few minutes as I hurt my hip. Now I wish I had sued them, as I have a lot of trouble with that hip to this day. No one even looked twice as far as offering to help, just an unbelievable situation in this litigious age. Well, over 20 years ago. Man's inhumanity to man! BTW, Pebble, did the sage arrive?

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Aimee, It did, and I planted it right away, I thought I e-mailed you....

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

With my puter, anything is possible! I wanted to make sure since I have plenty, as well as the seed. Glad to know it made it, and I hope it performs for you as well as for me.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Aimee, I am looking forward to seeing them grow. thanks

Pebble I don't know the reason behind no chairs or benches in the changing rooms' However if it were me,I'd ask one of the attendants at the counter,maybe if they could lend you one of theirs' Then again, may be too small an area for one' I know how embarrassed he must be too'
As for the safety mats at the grocery stores not having mats,I'd write to the local newspaper'
We had a Western Auto that refused to de-ice the entrance when they first came to town' The concrete was for wheelchairs and had the smooth slope, so literally was an accident waiting to happen' Once I slipped and luckily my DH caught me on the way down,wrenched my back though' Another trip to the chiropractor $ we didn't have either' We asked the manager the reason it wasn't de-iced and his reply was "go shop somewhere else" We did and now they've folded up their tent and left town,ha' He was rude to the wrong people,"the public" HTH Sis'
Aimee,everything is on film in markets,you would have won the complaint'

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, I suppose it is on film in most places, but that was over 20 years ago in rural Texas. A lot that is taken for granted now wasn't even thought of here at the time. And if you've ever been involved in a major lawsuit, you know it's not worth it. Even if you prevail in the long run, the system is such that you can't feel like you won. The long run is a way of saying after the professionals play every nasty trick in the book with your head, and that includes your own lawyer. I speak from experience.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

My ex-husband's brother's wife's mother.............geez that's long.......LOL.........she fell in the Meijer grocery store here a few years back and hurt her back, nothing really major but she got $150,000 from it.

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

Aimee is so right. A family member broke an arm in a fall in a supermarket. There was a puddle of water, and she slipped. They did not do anything to help her at all, nor offer to pay ER bill. So, we talked her into filing a suit. Well, after 3 years of aggravation, she won 10,000, after attorneys fees, about 6,000 (did not go far to paying the doctor's bills). What was really BAD was, some weeks after the accident in the store, the lawyer sent us in to take a photo of the spot where it happened...and it was still WET. They just did not care. Probably would not have even gotten the 10,000, as they tried to negotiate that down even further, but as the witness, another family member DIED during the dragged-out proceedings, there may have been some slight sympathy. All we wanted was for them to clean up the mess before someone else hurt themselves, and to pay for the medical bills from the broken arm. Asking too much?!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Check this out you guys.............about walmart

http://members.aol.com/walmopboy/abuse/index.html

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

here's another one you may find interesting

http://www.walmartsurvivor.com/

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

ok, last one

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4933/walmart.html

For me it boils down to one thing,it is still a free country and we all can shop where we want to? Peace Sis'

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

of course we can shop where we want to, why wouldn't we? :o) I shop Wal-Mart, I just know not to ask anyone where anything is or look for anyone for help, because 1 - they don't know where anything is, and 2 - there's never anyone around. I know, I used to work there........lol

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Sis, that's true, but it doesn't make any difference how free the country is after you fall and sustain injuries. No amount of hindsight or good judgement could remedy a situation already encountered in a negative way. Likewise, no amount of rationalizing will ever undo the humiliation suffered by someone who fell or was injured, or someone who was verbally abused by a rude employee. And it isn't altogether true that we can shop wherever we want to. As the large discount stores are more prevalent, the small hometown stores are forced out of business. This is a tough call, because we want the low prices and wide array of merchandise made possible by the large stores but we want to be treated well, as we would be if there were competition. For those of us with limited income, the large stores are a boon, but we should still be treated with respect and consideration by their employees. The fact that management is indifferent is an insurmountable stumbling block. When we realize this indifference is a problem, the old mom and pop stores are long gone, and we have no choice but to shop with the giants, and they count on that. I for one will drive miles out of the way to avoid the bullies when I can, but sometimes it's virtually impossible to do so.

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

Thank you all for your concern. Yopu know what gets me is that most of the peopole in my store know me and they always are friendly. They always ask about my girls and get me a chair. This on lady has dealt with me many times. I don't know what was her beef but she sure let it rangs out. I have written several letters and will let you know if I get any results. All I really want is an apology.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Janet, I hope you get it. I know how it smarts, especially when it's in a place where you expect to find friendliness. Let's just hope she is big enough to apologize.

Success, MO

Yah know THIS kinda stuff makes my blood BOIL !! Right this is a free country,when can take our $$ somewhere else and spend it but WHY ?

NO ONE ... ANYWHERE should be treated the way Janet was EVER. For ANY REASON. If we all 'just take our money somewhere else , that place will still be allowed to treat other people that way.There are those that CAN'T drive two miles down the road.It ISN'T okay to leave them to fend for themselves.

I WAS a manager for an outlet of the same size as Wal-Mart.Wal-Marts MAJOR compeditor in Fact. AAFES ... Army Airforce Exchange Service.YOU NEVER treat a person this way EVER.I ran 4 different stores , at one time I had 7 stores under me at ONCE.About 1000 direct employees , I would have FIRED that person on the spot.

I will tell you HOW to INSURE she (ANYONE) is repremanned.Write letters.Everyone here , Write a letter.District Managers HATE people who write.Called a paper trail.Those letters MUST be filed.They need to include dates, times,NAMES.Try to make sure you get a STORE NUMBER.That ID's the outlet,and 'flags' thier files.

Writting those links are fine...but HARD COPY is best.
Janet ... if you can remember details,I'll write the First letter !!

HUGS!!
NOWeedSZ

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

I just emailed Walmart with a dose of my opinion regarding customer treatment.
We shall see if I get any reply.
I will let you all know.

Paul

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.