Are gas lawnmower would be good for small lawn

Seattle, WA

Hey everyone I hope you guys are doing well. I need some suggestions from you guys that I have a small lawn in the backyard of my house and I; a beginner to gardening, I was curious if a gas lawn mower would be enough for a small lawn or should I go for another for mowing the lawn. Much obliged.

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi Anthony,

The article in your link makes a statement that is completely false, and is apparently deliberately misleading. This is the statement I am referring to:

The biggest concern regarding lawn mowers is their carbon emission that causes air pollution. However, the addition of reasonably priced hydrostatic filters refines the fuel for safe and clean air emissions.

"Hydrostatic filters" to "refine" the fuel do not produce "safe and clean air emissions." Filtering the fuel for a garden implement does no more good for the environment than it does for a car. Gasoline is a hydrocarbon and burning it releases carbon dioxide (and a small amount of carbon monoxide). That happens for any internal combustion engine, and that includes lawnmower engines. Electric cars and electric garden implements don't burn hydrocarbons, so they don't contribute to climate change.

ZM

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

I switched to battery operated mower after our old gas mower quit 3 years ago. Very happy with this quiet, always start, no maintenance (to speak of) mower. Having other yard tools in the same family gives us several batteries in case the one that came with the mower needs charging (it is a quick charging battery system too - about 45 minutes for a full charge). A full charge will usually mow our small lawn (Bermuda) about 3 times before needing charging again.

Los Angeles, CA

The Husqvarna MZ61 42" deck is an excellent choice. It's been around forever, cuts excellent and holds up well.
But it's mostly to know a fews information about lawn mowers before ordering.

This message was edited Jan 27, 2022 12:05 AM

This message was edited Jan 27, 2022 12:06 AM

Halltown, WV

I am a professional gardener and I never recommend battery or gas-powered mowers because they are not that efficient. I recently got an electric-powered mower and I am more than happy with it.
But using a gas-powered mower is not a problem for small lawns I guess.

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

I think California has already outlawed gasoline powered mowers.

ZM

Rowville, Australia

Hi Anthony
I was in the same situation as you are right now.
Before starting of the summer i thought of buying an lawn mower as it is very difficult to mow my lawn in the summer heat. My neighbor suggest me to go for robot lawn mower. Man that is one of the best advice anyone has given me. Now i don't have to mow anything. my new robotic lawn mower done this for me.

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Hello Australia,

Is your robot lawn mower powered by gasoline or by electricity? I can see how a little robot electric-powered vacuum cleaner would be handy inside the house (those things are available here). Still, a robot-powered cutting device roaming about outdoors seems potentially dangerous. I would be surprised if such a thing would be legal here in the "States". Is there some "fence" to keep it from mowing down your neighbor's flower bed?
Or their pets or children ??

ZM

Rowville, Australia

Yes, it is powered by electricity. It has lithium-ion battery cells. My lawn size is small so it covers all the area without running out of battery. You know the cool thing about this mower is that i don't have to go and put charging cable in its socket. It automatically goes to its docking station where it charge.

Rowville, Australia

Yes definitely. Go for it.

231600, China

Well, considering that your garden is not very big, and the lawn does not take up 2/3 of your garden, I think, selecting a gas lawn mower is a good call, cause you know compared to other types of lawn mower like an electric lawn mower, it's much cheaper and much lighter, and though the gasoline might cause pollution to the environment this pollution can almost be neglected. And moreover, the gas lawn mower usually takes a smaller room than the electric lawn mower does. So my opinion is. yes, you can have a gas lawn mower for your small lawn.

Thumbnail by HawkLeo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.