Fungus on many but not all

Westchester County, NY(Zone 7a)

Fungus is affecting a number of plants in my garden this summer. Yes, it’s been wet. Yes, we live on the edge of a wetlands. I have periodically been applying some antifungal, but I am looking for confirmation that I should have been much more aggressive. Fungi have hit my hibiscus (multiple varieties), lilies, pear tree, forsythia and more. Yet other plants are completely unaffected like amaranth, clematis, nicotiana, foxglove, redbud tree and chrysanthemum. Is that the answer? More anti-fungal? Pictures are attached.

Thumbnail by EdInNY Thumbnail by EdInNY Thumbnail by EdInNY Thumbnail by EdInNY
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

There's a lot going on there! You've got rust and more. What antifungal are you using? How often? Has it been at recommended strength? I've found Daconil to be safest on the largest number of plants. It is the one non-organic treatment I will use as a last resort on vegetables because of it's rapid breakdown time. Copper based fungicides are highly effective but can cause worse results than the disease on certain plants. Check labels carefully to make sure the treatment can be used on your various plants. Clean up and dispose of affected leaf debris.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

The damage to the rose of Sharon and hardy hibiscus looks like the mallow sawfly has hit. Check the underside of the leaves for tiny caterpillars.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.