March Weather chat.. snow melting, Springs on it\'s way....

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Waiting for rain today & give us 2 to 3 inches.
We need it. Clean everything up & fill the soil.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Hope you get that rain CG.

The little bit of rain we got Sun and Mon filled my rain barrels back up, which is good because no rain in forecast next ten days and record high temps, above 90° four days straight coming up. Sigh.
This morning is still nice 59F, up to 87.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain all day yesterday & overnight. Ending by noon today is forecast.
We needed it to replenish the ground. People that did digging over winter commented on how dry the subsoil was.
Today I'm on a mission. See a couple & hope to finalize their kitchen plan.
Then on to New Ulm for a haircut & to Menards for trailer things. Remodeling inside.
Plants are doing great.
Installing a kitchen on Monday.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

CG, that is beautiful!
First humminbird showed up here Thursday morning, so I went out refreshed the feeder and put a 2nd one in the front yard, must be young ones, I only see the bashful Ruby throats EARLY in the morn.
71* air warm. Heading for 84* and lots of chances for rain today. Peppers and cukes sprouted this morn, gray overcast and still outside. Can't stay up with weeds anymore. Have to go clean my rain catching buckets out...

This message was edited Mar 27, 2021 9:37 AM

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Saint Augustine, FL(Zone 9b)

Spring weather here is a roller coaster, the seven day forecast have highs in the 80's, 70's, 60's and 50's, with gusty days interspersed with total calm. Humidity is low though, so that's nice. The frogs and peepers have woken up and started singing in the evening. Perfect weather if you're a tourist visiting or a gardener doing desperate battle against the weeds lol.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Iris are up on the south side of the shop, otherwise not much life yet. Lots of birds are back. Raining again today. Need this rain anyhow..

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

72 was our high today it was sunny nice , but I was tired all day
rain early in the morning is likely for tomorrow , .

Heat is on here in Central FL up to 92 today, but looks like we'll see lows in the upper 40's in a few days, as Adventurous says, a roller coaster.

Kitt, my male hummers have left now, waiting for the females to arrive.

CG, nice looking greenhouse plants. Ju, hope you keep getting the nice weather

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

High 78 F yesterday and Sunny. Worked in the yard and garden cleaning up and planted a bareroot rosebush. Put up new garden fencing. Day ended with cold front and thunderstorm. Wore sunblock for the 1st time this season. Sunny today, cooler, and extremely windy. Should warm up to 60s tomorrow. Yep, roller coaster in the Spring.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice sunny day here. Never checked temp.
Spend the day getting ready to take the cabinets to their home. Built a new cart for the shop.
My wife is busy in the greenhouse. Pictures coming soon.
I worked on my flower catalog.

Cloudy morn here, winds from the NE, high today in the mid 70's a reprieve from the 90's for a bit.
Still need some rain though, maybe tomorrow we get some?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just got home 73º with big southerly wind.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Currently 62*, north winds hit and we dropped 10* since 10am. Drizzling enough to get everything wet, and NOW @1pm I get a Spring shower. A few bits of rainy sun breaking thru as well. Lo tonite says 44, but I think it may hit at least 41* tonight. Good temps for the plants I have growing. Hmmm, will be getting rain buckets refilled looks like FINALLY!

Thumbnail by kittriana

Time for a new thread....April weather chat
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1547779/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.