SOLVED: ID Yellow Roses

Lake Geneva, WI

I left my favorite yellow rose bush at our last house and they cut it down. I would give anything to have this beauty back but I don't know the name. I got it out of the $3.00 Menards bin (gasp, I know). It had a strong, fragrant rose smell. It was planted in a suburb of Chicago, zone 5, got 4-5 feet tall by year 2, and the petals started out like the first picture and faded to the second picture. There was a slight pink to the petal edges. They definitely weren't only yellow. Very sturdy, shrub-like that didn't need staking. It would mean the world to me to be able to purchase this again. Thank you!

Thumbnail by MelissaRB Thumbnail by MelissaRB Thumbnail by MelissaRB Thumbnail by MelissaRB
Castro Valley, CA

Could be the Peace rose by Meilland whose color is very variable. It can look very yellow, very pink flushed, or even pale yellow. When the bloom is mature it looks just like yours, a huge puff ball.

Lake Geneva, WI

That looks like it definitely could be it! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Castro Valley, CA

Another possibility is Rosa 'Rugelda' though I think from what I can see from here, the leaves may not match.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.