BubbleWrap to insulate greenhouse

Pocomoke City, MD

Wintering over pond plants in zone 7b First winter with new 10'x16' greenhouse and placed bubblewrap (large bubble) on sidewalls. I ordered online and the huge rolls are preferated every 1' so super easy to install as they fit between the wood beams. I wet the sheets as if wallpapering and they stuck to inside wall nicely. As you can see, I need a bigger greenhouse!! May add another one, attached by a pergula.. I do want to do some forced bulbs and seedlings this winter....

Do I need to put in on the peaked roof?? Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thumbnail by Dreyden08 Thumbnail by Dreyden08 Thumbnail by Dreyden08 Thumbnail by Dreyden08 Thumbnail by Dreyden08
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

You need something on the roof as that will be where most of the heat loss will occur.

san francisco bay ar, CA(Zone 10a)

From where did you order the large bubble bubble wrap?

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

The first 100' of bubble came from Amazon and the second was purchased locally. The price was the same. I used 1" bubble which I believe is considered large. It comes as 3/8ths or 5/8ths which is the bubble depth. I happened to have a small amount of much larger rectangular bubble but it was impossible to work with and looked terrible.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.