Best/Worse/What did I learn today?come sit a spell, Fall is in the air..come sit a spell..

Victoria Harbour, ON

We came from here..

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544039/

Thought i’d Move us over..where to heck did September go? Imagine Thanksgiving next weekend..

This message was edited Oct 4, 2020 1:27 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Betty. I love that pumpkin.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, sun is trying to come out, would love to get into the garden and do a bit of work.

This morning I took all the pads from all the outdoor seating that I had between the basement entrance way and found a home for them in the closets..just don’t anyone open the closet doors lol. The pillow covers are in the wash, made my list of winterizing to do’s so I feel I have accomplished much.

Lindakay, he will do for Halloween, I can visualize spiders and worms coming from his mouth/nose and eyes.

Going into midland this morning so don’t want to start a project, when I get back I’m sure I will find something.

What are you all doing on this glorious sunshine day?

Good morning.
One of the quilting group ladies is turning 82, so a few of us are going to the quilt shop for a little gathering. Lunch and cake.

Victoria Harbour, ON

How did your outing go LindaKay..was watching CNN and saw numbers re Covid were going up in Texas, how is your area doing?

Had nightmares all night, was just after 4:30am when I got up as they disturbed me so not a wonder I’m thinking of crawling into bed..

Girls came this morning, Darlene and Wanneta dropped in for a visit so that was nice. Pat left at 1 and I had an hour nap, finished a few projects, had my bath so now what lol

Pat brought a lot of older Country Woman magazines..some nice recipes, could prop myself up in bed and look at recipes...talking of re pies, just up the road a bakery is opening this weekend, with the restaurant opening next weekend I’m afraid I’ll weigh a ton.

Midland is a small town, we just got exciting news with regards to health care

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I REALLY like the fabric that the bag was made from!!!

Good morning.
Birthday party went well. She was so surprised.
She turned 81, and with the covid has been stuck in her home with hubby. Twice a week our community has free food distribution and I puck her up to get free food. That is the only time her hubby will let her out. So when we went to the quilt shop, she was tickled pink. We give her a new sewing basket with items she needed.

Thumbnail by taters55

A few new masks I have made.
Mask in center of last photo is a fine glitter. It turned out pretty, but when you cut the fabric, all that fine glitter is like beach sand all over your sewing machine.
Needless to say, my machine got a thorough cleaning.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Yes, black one is pretty, but I think it would be uncomfortable unless the very edges are trimmed out with something else. But then again, my skin is super sensitive to any abrasiveness or unevenness. Tags have to be cut out of everything etc. I especially like the bright dragonfly masks.

They are all lined with cotton on the back.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon, Lordy where has the day gone?

Love the masks, dragonflies are my favourites.. is there 2 elastics at each end??

Had slept poorly the night before last so was in bed early, didn’t take my sleeping pill until 1:00 and ended up sleeping in til 7:30 so made the day short...
Darlene and John came in, I made lunch while they finished strapping on crack deck panels..so nice of them to do it. Here we are almost late afternoon and now I’ve lost my energy.

Melanie just messaged me, originally the government had limited 10 people (friend/family) in your bubble re Covid so we were going to be 6 or 7 for Thanksgiving, now they are suffering eCh household stay within numbers who live in their house, she wondered if I would prefer them not coming if I was worried, nope I’m certainly not go8ng to spend time being just me in the house when restaurants, special events are still being allowed.

I agree with you Betty. I hate some of the rules. They just don't make since.
The elastic is one piece/loop on each end, to go around your ears.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

2nd day on the job, and I'm really liking working with her.

Susan, that is wonderful! Glad to hear it's working out.

I am not sure exactly what I will be doing for Thanksgiving weekend in November. I certainly do not think it's in sister & husband's best interest to have all the family over like usual. I am meeting oldest Dana & his wife, my son Kevin & GF & Daughter in Seattle area a week from now. I had suggested to Dana that we have a limited get together there, NOT at Thanksgiving. My youngest Adam & family do not use good Covid precautions and my other sons can simply not afford to be exposed. This will be first time that Dana & Carrie will meet Kevin's girlfriend. They have been dating a year now.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Drats, know I posted a long post but maybe I didn’t send as I had a bit of trouble here grrr

Pat perhaps with thanksgiving being late November that Covid numbers might improve by then and you can get together... am sure Kevin is excited to have Dana and and Adam and families meet his girlfriend.

Susan, glad you like your coworker and are enjoying your job.take you a bit to get used to new schedule.

M9m called me last night, said her arm was inflamed and red, thought maybe she was getting shingles again..she went to doctors first think this morning, he doesn’t think it’s shingles again, nor reaction to flu shot but looked like chemical burn, grrr raised my voice, she went to clean her tub, wanted it to sparkle..well she mixed 3 different cleaners, like chemical burn grrr

Had just finished the 2 sets of hand painted bulbs, saw equipment come and start cutting down limbs from the trees, branches near the wires, well I lost half the branches on 3-4 trees, sounds of equipment and chipper frightened Ziggy and darn, broke bulbs....so here I am on the couch, decided I’d do nothing for the rest of the day

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lots of limbs gone

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Susan, what is your job?
Sorry to hear about the broken bulbs Betty. And your bare trees.

Ok, so they are cutting TREES, did they ever clean the culvert/drain????

Victoria Harbour, ON

No, 2 different entities, the hydro every few years cut down extra growth, with winter coming guess they are making sure all is clear..been listening to too much news, on a downer..best I get myself out of it.

They are in NO hurry to clean that flood hazard out, are they?

Victoria Harbour, ON

No they aren’t, nice that the couple next door who moved into mall apartment come over every week or so and unplug it. Ground must be saturated with water as the pumps are still running.

I was outside working, out a lot of breakable items in back outdoor toilet shed I made,it can hold quite a bit, emptying pond, normally I leave it til spring but this year I thought I’d see if it’s easier without being full of water, just melted snow..we will see
Going to have soup then go back out and clean up more.

Don't over do it Betty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Brrr temps dropped so back inside, might sew for a bit
Have a few things I can sew on, kits I found when cleaning up so they are my to do’s for the next week.

Pond still emptying..won’t get inside until someone is here in case I slip, been there,done that..

All your ponds and fountains are so much work! They are so beautiful though, I can understand why it's worth the effort to you.

Victoria Harbour, ON

As long as I don’t go crazy and try to do all at once...Drats, opened umbrella to make sure they were good and dry before I wrapped them up for winter, just went outside to do them and it’s light mist so no go

Went to town for the rest of my Thanksgiving groceries, because I was baking all the pies it got hot in the house so without thinking I set my pumpkin outside on front coffee table...oops squirrels and birdies had early thanksgiving meal. Big sigh

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Oh no. Will you make another one?

Victoria Harbour, ON

No, tried it and that is that lol

Hope Dianne,Susan, Carole and “M” are having this beautiful weather to celebrate Thanksgiving..
Hard to believe we had a major storm November 1st last year, wow that is but a few weeks away.

I’ve got everything cooking, turkey should come out of oven around 2, ham about same time..have veggies cooking and fresh rolls, Drats I should have baked rolls the last thing, already ate 3..shhhh won’t tell anyone..if I keep eating them I’ll just say I forgot rolls lol

Jeff messaged me, he picked up Caleb from university, just across border from Detroit, he will visit with me for an hour or so until his mom who is at the cottage on their island about 1 1/2 hrs away..I’m just pleased I get to see him, a nice Thanksgiving surprise.. will be nice to see Lisa as well...

Nice have have all ready and just enjoy the day..problem though, my hands have gone numb grrr

This message was edited Oct 11, 2020 11:48 AM

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to the Canadian Crew :-)

We had Swiss Chalet today, tomorrow I cook the turkey.

Some of you may know, that Lorna's Mom had a stroke last wek, she is in hosp in Newmarket on the Palliative care unit .. we were set to travel east when all bejeebers broke out with COVid. Travelling is a no no especially to Newmarket which is a 'HOT SPOT' :-(
Getting accommodation is nuts .... we need handicap accessibility as well as pet friendly ..NOT easy .. so .. we are staying put and Lorna's brother and wife keep us informed ..

That's it from here

HUGS and a gobble or 2 :-)

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just a bit of cleaning up and Thanksgiving is done for another year..ended up with 8 and sent meals to 2 friends who are on their own..Noah took 1 meal to Midland and Kyle to a man Melanie knows a few block over.

Didn’t burn anything which I’m thankful for lol

Still have my plate full, isn’t it always like that, you cook all day and when it comes time to eat you are not hungry.

Caleb told me all about his classes this year, the university hired several playwrights, there are 16 students..divided them into 4 groups, doing 4 plays 20 minutes long and production shows being done on Zoom..best they can do with Covid..Caleb will be Adam so told me he would have a body suit and only coverage a leaf..thought he should warn me lol

So nice to have all here..only one missing is Braedon who is in Germany but he was here in spirit.

Best I finish the cleaning up, yawning so won’t be a late night.

LOL... yea, probably a good thing he told you about the body suit! I can see my son doing that and NOT telling me!! He used to love to be in theater.

Sounds like it was a nice day.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all..was a wonderful day, love having my family home..

Was so hot in here last night that I shut heat off, opened bedroom window, ceiling fan on,slept like a baby but brrr it was so cold (63f)when I woke..turned heat on and climbed back into bed till it warmed up a bit..it’s 70 right now..think Ziggy preferred to stay sleeping, doesn’t like the cold.

Coaxed him to come join me put fall away and take Halloween out,now where to put these Halloween quilts.

Going to have my coffee then get totes out so I can put away fall..Noah and Greg put scarecrow and a few other outdoor pieces in back shed before leaving. Found Halloween ones so I get to look at where I can display them lol

Going to Sharon’s for thanksgiving, she already messages me to see if I can embroider an inukchuck label for the dog quilt she made for a friend..have to see if I still have the design saved.

Zizzy is interested in watching all the seagulls looking for food in field across the street

Guess we both have something to do..

What are all you plans for today??

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Good morning.
Beautiful quilts. And the quilting on that dog quilt is beautiful.
Not doing much. Hubby has the day off for Columbus day. Spending time with him.

Getting a hair cut,this morning and hopefully putting a dent in the paperwork I need to compete. I need to finish up a couple of projects that I want to come with me on Thursday when I leave to see my kids. I would like to get the Scooby Do Scrub top made for Kevin. THEN I would know if it's worth making any more. When he gets them on sale, and I have to buy the fabric, there is about $5 difference. Not much savings for a lot of work! HOWEVER, Marie has lots of cute fabric she would give me, that Kev would love, so we will see.

Need to finish quilting a wall hanging and figure out to pack floor lamps, 2 big mirrors, side table and MY stuff into the car without breaking anything. I was teasing my DIL maybe I should bring the pick up truck!

I am still chugging alone with the organization of the sewing room and repackaging stuff so it's more attractive. I am making headway.

Tuesday night SisIL is coming to complete the denim quilt top. She bailed on me again for Sunday. I want this DONE and out of my home!! I am trying hard to NOT have multiple projects going at once.

Saturday I was showing a friend how to use Market place, craigslist etc and we ended up going out to pick her up a headboard. She is trying to get a bedroom ready from the "zero" for a quest room to rent. She had the bed only. We rounded up a comforter that is beatufiul with new headboard & I have been sending her links for furniture of MP & CL. She does not have access to internet except her phone. It will be interesting to see what she goes with. She is NOT a DIY so the furniture has to be in acceptable condition when she buys it, no chalk paint or refinishing.

Yesterday made cookies and Rice Krispies treats for the neighbors that rescued me by carrying in the wet carpet.

I got to attend my first IN PERSON church service since Covid. Only every other pew and 6 feet between people. Services are available by online. It was different but I am grateful to finally be able to attend.

Ok, off to get this done before I need to leave! Have a great day ladies.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada.
I love that dog quilt! The quilting is gorgeous!
Hope all is well with Dianne. I haven't seen her post in a while.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Happy Thanksgiving to All the Canadian friends of mine 💖

Victoria Harbour, ON

Was out working in yard earlier,silly me, didn’t put on a jacket..now I have the chills
Sure wish I did not have to go to Sharron for Thanksgiving but best I get dressed, take my pies and turnip and head over.

Holy wah Pat, do you ever stop ? How long will your visit be?

Deb, how are you doing, job getting any easier? Guess you are missing your dog shows, know Sharon is.

Susan, did you celebrate Thanksgiving..how are you finding getting into a routine?

I leave Thursday morning and return Monday, not very long, not very far. A little over 3 hours away.
I have a handyman coming tomorrow to bid a few unfinished household things. Hang a curtain rod, new hardware & rehang bathroom cabinet doors, BASEBOARD for the reclaimed guest bedroom!! That is what excites me the most. I have not wanted to put anymore furniture in there until baseboard is done. He is a good friend of my SisIL so I trust him to work while I am gone if he wants.

I think I will load the car tomorrow, it is going to be a jigsaw puzzle getting the 2 mirrors in and floor lamps, little side table, table lamp and my stuff.... Guess if it doesn't all fit I'll just have to make another trip soon!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening all

Tired after 4 days of Thanksgiving festivities, just climbed into bed, a tired old lady lol
Pat, enjoy your trip, 7 days away will be nice for you and 3 hr drive not too long, is Stanley going with you! Amazing at times just how much we can pack in our vehicles when we take the time to figure out measurements.

First thing this morning I got tarps on back outdoor staircase, have the new stair grids but before they can be installed steps have to be food and dry , here is hoping by weekend that task will be done.

Sharon came at noon, she cut up and sewed her Xmas truck panel and I applique’d a bell project, she just left, didn’t take me long to have my bath and get into bed.

Girls come tomorrow, promising myself thursday will be my day of rest..

Get a good night's sleep Betty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.