What’s wrong with this zucchini plant?

Boulder, CO

Hi all! I’m new to the forum and am hoping someone can help me figure out what is wrong with my zucchini plant. I have three zucchini’s in containers on my back porch and three in raised beds. They were all planted from the same pack of seeds, on the same day, and have had the same experience. High quality custom-mixed soil that was separately mixed for beds vs. containers.

One of the plants has started to have yellow, then brown / shriveled leaves. There are a few small spots of white on the leaves. It affected all of the larger leaves but seems to have left the newer growth unaffected. This happened in my garden last year too. Any ideas what this is and how I deal with it? Would love to fix it before it affects more plants. I’m in zone 5B.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2020 9:28 AM

Thumbnail by Earlywormfarms Thumbnail by Earlywormfarms Thumbnail by Earlywormfarms Thumbnail by Earlywormfarms
Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi Earlywormfarms,

That "high quality custom-mixed soil" apparently doesn't have as many nutrients as your Zucchinis need. I recommend you get some Miracle-Gro Tomato Food (they don't have a separate Zucchini Food product), dissolve it in water according to the instructions on the label, and water your plants with it. Don't worry that it says Tomato on the label. I use the stuff on my zinnias, and it works fine. Just mix it in water to the right strength. Let us know how it works for your Zucchinis.

ZM (not associated with any product or vendor mentioned or linked)

Dhaka, Bangladesh

I agree with the previous comment. This high-quality custom-mixed soil doesn't have all the nutrition that your Zucchinis need. These usually just claim.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.