what did you give up for lent

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

I gave up swearing, so what did you give up be honest.

Being married.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I gave up snacks, sweets, chocs and cookies :-)

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Loved the reply Alan,do you want any condolences? Even though i have been very happy with Bernard divorces are going on around me, with family and friends. I think i got the best and i will not share him with anybody.

Ladysmith, BC(Zone 8a)

Gave up sugar when I was 11 years old. Never eaten sugar again! That was so trumatic that for the last 50 years have not given anything else up!

Sheila, no thanks, i like it, peace and quiet at last, she was taking this with her when she went, guess what.

Alan.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

The only thing that did bother me, she went on the third of march, i was fourty, on the the 4th, not the best birthday present, but i got over it.

In the last few years, i have given up, eating to much, smoking, drinking, fishing, climbing trees, and giveing a toss, one day i am going to give up breathing, but until then, i am going to have some fun.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Alan - Are you English? "I don't give a toss" is a British saying. As for being 40 - a fantastic age. You get to know what to hold on to and what to get rid of :-)

Patty, yes, it means that,to stop caring about certain things, or no longer worrying about the [deleted] of life, and less of the old, you cheeky young whipersnapper, lol.

Louisa, yes, i am English, true and true, and proud of it, most of the time.

Alan.

Patty, you should pay more attention, these things have a habit of creeping up on you when your not looking, lol, if your not careful 47 will be upon you before you have even noticed 45, 37, i remember the number, but i'm [profanity removed]ed if i can remember being it, so this is what happens when you reach 40, lol.

Alan.

Happy birthday for yesterday Patty, and many happy returns.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good morning Patty and I'm sorry I didn't know it was your birthday. So....Happy belated greetings!

Patty, look I got my SMILE back, lol.

Alan.

Gosh look what happens when you don't read a thread 'cos you think it won't apply to you ! I don't give up for Lent, I add to the collection of sins (joking) so I never clicked on. Sorry Patty, very belated happy birthday and many happy returns. As for not knowing how it happened have you tried quizzing your parents, they probably have a good idea ? :)

Alan you're just a kid yet and I'm sure there's loads of totty in the March area to keep you amused. How about grab a granny night at the lcal club ? The trick is to smile more than not, and this kind of forum is ideal for that.

Lots of hugs

Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.