February Weather chat 2019....Has the heart of winter passed yet?

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

45F now at sunrise, but sunny today and up to 73F. tonight should stay above 50F.

Flocks of the Sandhill cranes flying north, that means they know spring is coming. That's a good sign...right Ju?

I went to the Harry P Leu Gardens on Monday, some pictures of Camellias and flowers for you Valentine's Day.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Pretty butterflies and flowers cheerful ,,

30 this morning early 25 degrees now , some sunshine ,

sun ,, I hope ,. spring is seeming a long time coming ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Happier than a 2 yr old with his moms lipstick when she takin a nap. Radio on and Seger singin. Chuckl. They gave me a paintbrush and told me it was ok to use there. 78*, gray turned to sunshine and a good south breeze a blowin.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is the roller coaster, 64* @ 10am has dropped to 53*, 7 mph north wind ghosting thru. Hi of 61* hoped for, lo tonite 60*, 88% humidity and gray. Brought my plants back inside.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

59* sunshine, 55% humidity, 14 mph north wind, maters went out this pm when sun came out, 2nd set of leaves showing up.

Kitt, your post makes me happy.

Weekend was awesome nice. I'm enjoying shorts again. Pretty warm yesterday and today up to mid 80's, but I'm not complaining...neither is the garden.

Moon shots from my back yard at sunset Sat. night.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

54* now, sunny, hi maybe 63*. 13 mph NE wbreeze makes it feel cold. Blistered my finger and waiting skin to heal before I finish immersion chores. Was strange doing meatloaf in a glove, chuckl.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Ouch, rest those hands girl. Meatloaf, yum, now I want to make one.

Yesterday was really muggy and cloudy, until about 2PM, then sun. Today up to 80, with a 40% chance of rain later. The news said our temps are way above normal for February and some places setting record heat.

Azaleas are blooming early this year

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

45* doubt it will make it any higher, lo tonite 41*, drizzles comin and goin, 99% humidity, wind at 6 mph NE

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

33 for today sun shone earlier a few hours snowed light yesterday all melted away
Kitt trying to stain match that pheasant frame ,,ouch ,,,

Sun Azaleas !!! a favorite ,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

61* top temp today, but sunny, 46% humidity, 6 mph n wind. Looks like 49* tonite and rain predicted tomorrow, I got 1/4" in the rain gauge yesterday. Saved enough rainwater to use on maters.

Record high day here again, up to upper 80's, slight fog this morning. News said next two days record heat, then back to normal temps next week...I'm not sure what normal is anymore. ((shrug))

Mexican Flame Vine blooming

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

You all have me weather out warmed , someday , maybe , it will be warm here again ,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hang in there Jim. 50* slow drizzles- I MIGHT have half an inch of drizzle by now. 49* lo tonite, but still gray and drizzly tomorro expected.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40 degrees today , 35 now , saw some sun , felt good ..

Glad you got some sun, Ju.

87 high today and sunny. That is about ten degrees above normal. It did rain off and on yesterday, so that kept it cooler.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you Sun ,, (double meaning ) lol

43 ,33 for today cloudy and about 36 degrees now ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

63* high today. 100% humidity but no drizzles, fog moved in heavy at 3pm. 3 mph can't feel it north wind. Gray all day. Rain expected earlyish tomoro morn, feral hogs need thinned- sows and piglets spotted not 2 miles from here numbering perhaps 90....

Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

73* hi today, partly sunny and windy. Dropped 30 miles south to eat at Gyu Ka Ku Katy, Tx. That was seriously good food. 27% humidity, 7 mph south wind. Lo expected 44* tonite.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Storm is a coming. All roads are closing in southern MN. I-90 from Worthington to Albert Lea. NW winds over 25 MPH & light snow. Whole system heading east.

We have nearly 3 feet of snow on the ground and mostly powder, so it is just right for whiteout conditions.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Weather gone wild for sure , from west to north storms , here some thunderstorms are near ,
53 degrees rising to 57 tonight rain and lightning here , Tomorrow temperatures fall all day to 15 degrees Weird ,,,

Well you all are keeping the weather thread interesting.

Breezy partly cloudy here, with a high of 86 low tonight 57, they say no rain but we had a liquid sun shower while I was walking this morning. Winds WSW 10-20mph. Cooler tomorrow.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Big blizzard going here. All roads closed, zero visibility. But sun is shining. 10º 35 MPH NW wind.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

CG a way to go sun blind with everything else , stay in , stay warm ,

Here we have High Wind Warnings to 60 mph , 33 degrees falling to 15 tonight
some rain/snow mix falling ,cloudy ..

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

67° hi today, sunny, was in upper 40's last nite, windy this morn and the sun felt chilly to me.

Thumbnail by kittriana

59/73/60 Sunny and breezy, hear the wind chimes singing their tunes.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Snowing.

56 and a bit cloudy this morning, high 76 with a 70% chance of rain by afternoon.

American Coots in the wetlands where I took a walk yesterday

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

58° won't get above 61*, 6? mph East breeze, drizzles since midnite. 95% humidity. Light gray day.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Oh, you poor soul. It's a balmy 1º here with nice east wind.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

36 degrees and sunny today here .

Country Gardens sounds like Freezer dot net , up north ,

Blooms and warm down south ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

More like pollen falling in visible sheets, sigh. Yeah, this day was actually really nice- am leaving the sprouts outdoors tonite as the temp is stable between 59* and 61* until tomorro.

Partly cloudy this morn, high to 80 with a 50% chance of rain later, I see a big blog of rain in the Gulf on radar. We had rain yesterday too, so garden getting well watered.

Some Spring flowers to cheer up the winter days.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

64* goin to 71* today, 4 mph SE wind, chuckl, cannot feel the wind. Gray outdoors, fog will lift sometime this hour. 7/8" rain since yest morn, 100% humidity. The air is soft and comfortable, but the ground is so wet it feels like you can hear the mold growing.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

43 and 30 for today ,
We have a snowstorm and some really cold temperatures forecast for later in the week ,
pretty Sun ,,,

Kind of soggy here, rained pretty good yesterday early evening. Sun trying to peep out this morning. Still up to 80 today and sun later on, not supposed to rain today, that is good because I have a ton of leaves to rake up again, so they need to dry out.

Glad you enjoyed the pics, Jim. ☺

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Me too pix! 48* at 7 am went to 43* for the day- supposed to get back up to 46* tonite. A cold front wave. This roller coaster temps are not making Spring great...Drizzly all day gray, 9 mph North breeze, 93% humidity...warmer tomorro, sigh.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

34 and cloudy for today ,

New March weather thread.....https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1499125/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.