January Weather...A new year of weather and gardening....2019

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

The weather guessers have been way off here on how low the temps will get, lots of gardeners were really ticked last week when they got a freeze and the prediction was mid to upper 40's.

54/77/64 cloudy to 90% rain coming in late tonight, or more like early tomorrow... the next cold front.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

WL don't care. They get paid weather right or wrong.

Sunny & 18º.

They had winter storm warning for here yesterday. WE got a trace of snow & by dark the moon was shining bright.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

2.5" rain, front blew in last nite- 40* MIGHT make 48*, 60% humidity, winds NW @ 13mph. Partly cloudy and expect to touch 31*F tonite. Maybe these winds will pull out some of the moisture...

Tonight at sunset we were outside and the little flying summer gnats were around,, which we've not seen for a couple months , still as can be, no breeze at all, yet by tomorrow night we'll be down to 40 again.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

this evening here , 27 degrees and still raining some , frozen,and greasy outside ,
down to 20 tonight the prediction , I will wait on tomorrow ,

Weather is being as nervous as a wildcat

Line of rain woke me at 6AM, weather wind advisory winds gust to 50mph. Seems like the worst is past though.

70F now but will continue to drop through out the day, back in the low 40's by tomorrow morning, they say.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

here it is cloud covered and gray , 20 degrees now , 2 degrees tonight

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

NW wind at 29 MPH, temp 2º.
COLD!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

South wind @ 3mph, 60* and sunshine til 5 pm now. Lo tonite goin to 38*, 26% humidity- everything bites me when I reach out.

breezy 44° at 7AM, clear and sunny. High 60, nothing biting here, they hibernating, but the moment we get to 80 they be back.

Some new trees getting fall color on my morning walks. Some kind of native maple.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

we got to 3 degrees last night , 19 the high today past , some sunshine .
Cold and frosty .

Sun nice trees

Kitt I don't like bites from little critters either , Drives me Bugs ,,,,,

53/57/46 Rain, lots of all day steady rain, coming from SW Gulf.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

6 degrees and sunny here this morning , 2 inches of new snow last night ,

Sun , cute squirrel , nice temperatures , pretty foliage

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-11º & sunshine.

Brrrr CG. and Ju...I bet Kitt cold too.

Rained steady good rain for more than 24 hours no break..It is rare to have rain like that here last that long. Not sure the total yet, but sure a few inches, too sopping wet & cold out there now to check rain gauge. Don't roll your eyes, 45 is cold for us Floridians.

Rain stopped a bit before dawn, 45/59/42F today cloudy now, sun would be nice....maybe see it later on. 0% precip.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

29 , 41 , 10 , for us here , rain later to snow , bitter cold coming later this week , I'm hoping it is the last of the season ,, really hoping ,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Right now is the high until Friday Morning. It's 9º, but wind is terrible from NW.
I think every school is closed today, even in the Twin Cities. 7" of snow overnight.
So lots of blowing snow. It will go below zero today & stay there until Friday. Low about -25º.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

It was a beautiful 70* something day- full warming sunshine- only a 9mph breeze. Still waiting those blooms to burst out...but they are really creeping. Still soggy from yesterdays half inch overnite.

negative -25...that's crazy cold. Sheesh. My brother and I lived for snow days when we were young-uns.
Kitt, looks like TX missing the fronts...nice temps.

38/67/45° today, clear now, hope the sun shows more today. No rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

9 chill is minus 9 wind chill warnings until Thursday , Temperature is falling today to minus 14

awww cold pits ,,,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-8º, NW wind 21 MPH. Wind chill, -33º

50/57/42 cloudy and breezy. Winds out of north but south winds strong, hopefully south end up winning out and keeping that really cold air north of us. Fingers Crossed.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

minus 13 with a wind chill of minus 40
it is nasty cold outside for here ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

48*, 5 mph east wind. 29% humidity, gray all day. STILL waiting on those ppr white narcissus to bloom.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Awww, Kat, looks like you're gonna get those blooms any day now. I'm excited.

Last day of January...yeah.

Most the night hovered around 40, then strangely it warmed up in one hour before dawn to 48, like...it never does that, winds changed out of the NE from N, so must be warmth from ocean, I'm ok with warmer. Cloudy out, but high today still under 61. Humidity is higher for sure.

Succulents blooming, Rhipsalias and Hedgehog aloe

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

you all get pretty blooms , we get snow here
minus 8 started the day now we are at 6 above , 2 to 4 inches of snow are forecast for tonight ,, The plus is we might get above freezing tomorrow

sunny now ,, waiting for spring ,, watching the pot boil , hoping the treats get done watching the cookies bake , oh well ,, ,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I hear ya, Jim. 58* high today, gray and rain mist moving in by 5pm, lo tonite 55*, t'storms due by 4 am. It was comfortable today, so I got my chores done before the rains and aches set in. Wasn't into starting tomatoes in Dec, but now of a sudden, I am ready to.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

13 degrees to start today , that i as warm as it got yesterday ,
today 27

last night it snowed

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Nice Snow pics, night shots of snow are chilling.

February weather chat.... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1497517/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.