December weather reports and pics

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks, Ju and Kitt, and I agree ready for the solstice.

Raining pretty hard this AM, heard it all night dripping, not cold, it's 61F at pre-dawn. Glad I got the leaves raked up and moved to my gardens yesterday. 100% chance of rain today, 1.40 inches expected. High 74F winds 15 to 25mph.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

54*, wind advisories out for a 10mph nw gusty wind, (may hit 35 mph) front hit last nite, 54% humidity now, sunshine and more falling leaves. I got a 1/4" rain last nite...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here it about 44 degrees , a gray day with steady light rain ,

Gusty wind out there, acorns sound like bullets hitting the house, Wind advisory 25mph+ . We had heavy rain all day yesterday, my gauge says 3.5 inches. Cloudy 60° now, cooling to 44 tonight.

Sure feeling like winter in Florida, Kitt did you send this to us? ;-)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

39 degrees steady falling to 28 degrees rainy , gray , mist , and fog , type day
Happy first day of winter ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Usually Fl systems come from a different direction- it is Ju that gets our leftovers- and Canada leftovers... 60* today, sunshine, wind died finally. I have been picking up fluff from someones outdoor furniture that a squirrel lined his nest with. Our gusty winds have been shaking more from the trees. Moon is so bright outside.

True, usually our cold fronts are from NW, but this last one was WNW from the Gulf, but then our weather this December isn't our usual at all.

45 clear and calm this morn, high 62 0% precip.

The full moon(Long Moon) last night - According to Space.com, the full moon hasn’t fallen on the solstice since 2010 and won’t again until 2094. There will be a full moon again tonight.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Delete double post

This message was edited Dec 22, 2018 9:11 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

38 degrees for today , it is still gray and windy ,
Lot of warmer if not unusual weather

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Pretty day- actually got warm today- abt 74*, sunshine always makes me feel warmer.

It's cold 39F and frosty rooftops this morning. Sunny and clear, high 67F, tonight not as cold, low 46F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun Our high was less than your low , by 1 degree , Gray , windy ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Sunshine today- abt 70*, rain in forecast next 2 days... a good day spent with my dau/SIL/and his mom. Overfull still...

Sunny and 75 today...love it. Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Happy full Holiday to all as here
Warmer than normal ,
only it's cold

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

70* here starts dropping tomorro, winds blowing thru @ 12 to 20 mph, rained all day, will ck the gauge come morning. Grandkids and new kitten arrived so has been a busy day getting pets introduced and calmed repeatedly, chuckl.

Bit warmer today, High 78F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Rain coming tomorrow.

Christmas cactus is blooming again, some cold nights hurt some buds, so brought it in the porch.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

42 and steady rain

Sun Sharp blooms , he he (smiley)

It was 70F at dawn...big difference, it get to wear shorts on my walk again. Sunny, a bit humid, frizzy hair day. High 81F with a 50% chance of rain later on.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Snow, rain, snow. 28º, 38º, & now 13º going for zero tonight.
Wed, Thursday, Friday morning.
We will sing "This is Minnesota!"

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

45 and light rain here

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

49* feels like 45*, lo of 42* by dawn. 9mph North wind, 62% humidity. Brrr.

Brrr CG.
I don't think the cold front coming down here, they say 80's for at least five more days. It is muggy this morning and cloudy. High 83. My AC popped on last night, hasn't done that all of December.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30 degrees , and cold

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I don't THINK we have topped 50* today, rainy, gray...trying to force paperwhite bulbs, dunno why they aren't blooming...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

36 the high , mostly sunny nightfall now , 30 degrees

Last day of 2018...wishing everyone a Happy New Year, peace, health and beautiful gardens.

Fog AM, sun afternoon high 82, no rain.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

47 and rain 55 the high ,

Sun nice to see the wild life

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Sounds like war outside, fireworks non stop since sundown. 48* flood warnings across these counties from rain swollen creeks, we had 7/8" over the last 48 hrs. The dog is pitiful, a craving mess even with his thunder jacket and a zanax....he keeps trying to crawl into my lap and there is zilch for room under my desk. Happy New Years everyone- will see you in the sunshine tomorro

Happy New year...new Jan. Weather thread here....https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1495446/

This message was edited Jan 1, 2019 10:20 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.