Up for a trade with a Yank?

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Aha, your thinking, already have, but this one is a bit different. A friend went to England with her family and brought me back a small tin of Williamson and Magor Earl Grey. The next year, she and her husband went back for their 25th anniv. and brought me back a bigger tin. I can't convince them that they need to make another trip because I'm out of tea! Would anyone like to make a trade for seeds, matted photos or poetry for a tin of Earl Grey??? There isn't a tea in the US to compare with it and I've had no luck finding it.

Oh, by the way, Mark, I'm one of the lurkers. The Osteopermum and Arctotis seeds are up, tiny little things yet, but lovely nonetheless.

Kathleen

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

I confess! I'm a lurker, too. :)

Terri

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

kathleen

I'll sort you out with Earl Grey. Do you want tea bags or loose tea?

have you tried Lady Grey? uuummmmm

email me private with your address

Mark

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Can't get Earl Grey? Oh dear! A tin of Earl Grey means you're looking for tea leaves not these bag things. Do you infuse your tea or mash it? Most of the tea I see round me is PG Tips or Typhoo or Brooke Bond or supermarket. This is a different brand. Have you had any luck checking this on the Internet?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I have seen Earl Grey in Giant and Foods from all Nations.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

My tea caddy, containing humble supermarket tea-bags, is a Harrods one. So's the biscuit tin. They're for when I feel posh. Many years since I've been to Harrods. When I was studying for my M.Sc and living in London I did some of my research at a library near Harrods. When I wanted a break for some fresh air I used to wander down to Harrods. They used to have the most marvellous food department. I couldn't afford Harrods prices but I felt so rich buying my tin of tea in a Harrods bag.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Louisa,

Yes, well, they have what they call Earl Grey, but have you tasted it??? LOL

Kathleen

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

All the supermarkets in the Chicago area, and independent stores carry Earl Grey tea, and it's imported. The Lady Grey tea is the best ever! Makes beautiful ice tea!! djm906

Aliso Viejo, CA(Zone 10a)

Earl Grey is everywhere here! I can't imagine that you wouldn't have it. I like the Twinings version. I first had Lady Grey in France - they told me they had no E.G. and only offered LG. Wish I could find it over here.

Mike

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

It's not JUST earl Grey I'm looking for. It's Williamson and Magor Earl Grey. Twinings is ok, but try W and M and you don't want to go back! LOL I never imagined that it would cause an international incident!

Kathleen

Another one between the US and UK over tea!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Ah yes, we do have that history!

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Kathleen, I will see if I can find it for you :-)

Semiplena, The super markets owned by American stores carry the Lady Grey tea. In my area, it's Jewel foods. In California they have a different name. Can't remember.But they're putting them out in 5 bag packs for 29 cents. I guess it's an introductory thing. Doris

Hi, My British Heritage magazine came today. In the ad section I found, "Engish Afternoon Teas Special Offer." Details and catalog (OOOPS!} catalogue. Swann Classic Teas, Box991, Portland Maine 04104. Toll free number 1 877-780-8081. Another, Penny Ha' Penny, 28A Cannon Rd, Wilton, Conn.06897-2625. H ttp:wwwpennyhapenny.com They have lots of goodies and teas. Send sase for free catalog. Maybe they may have the tea you are looking forand maybe a few items you are not looking for! Doris

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

It's OK folks, I found the tea for Kathleen. :-) And Kathleen, I am going to send it soon. I just haven't been that side of town with all the appointments I had this week. I shall pick it up tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.