May Weather 2018 - The Sun is warming, the birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, and the garden is growing.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 63F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 65F today. The temperatures in the 10-day are where I like them (high 60s, low 70s). I hope I didn't jinx myself by mentioning that. Yesterday we had enough mist that we almost had to run the windshield wipers after the car sat out for 50 minutes.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Starting the day with clouds that are just now clearing. 81* feels like 86* goin to 88*.70%humidity 70*dewpoint, puffs of south wind @ 11mph.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

59 now 81 for today , 50% chance of T-storms

It got up to 64F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 68F today. Yesterday it rained at home while we were out. We had put the rain gauge away for the year so I don't know the amount, but from what was in the bottom of a bucket, I'd say it was 0.05 inch. (We do not leave the rain gauge out during the dry season because it will just get damaged by the UV.)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

rain never happened here yesterday and last night , today 82 , 78 now full sun ,
flowers beginning

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Pretty flowers, Ju. Kelli, funny you seem to be cooling off while the rest are getting hotter.

100% chance of rain today, started last night around nine and hasn't stopped, a nice slow steady good sleeping to rain, much needed. Some kind of low pressure system that could develop into a tropical depression, High 74F today. 0.61 inches today.

This message was edited May 14, 2018 5:49 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

yours also Sun ,, Wonderful Blooms ..

humid and this

Thumbnail by juhur7

Tks, Ju, and Isn't that temp something!
71/85/72 cloudy, muggy and skeeters have been born. 80% chance of rain today 0.67 inches.

Kit Kat taking over Daddy's outside chair.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We have a 50% chance of rain today , cooler with 80 degrees for a high , Humidity is still ghastly ,,

Sun LOL a new chair is mine now lol Skeeters are about here also, swatted one yesterday , little vampires

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Temps climbing, 74* goin to 91*, humidity 90%, 4mph sw wind just climbed to 5 mph. It was cloudy enough earlier that 9 am felt like 7 am...

Thumbnail by kittriana

Happy pooches!

69/84/72 cloudy and muggy. 80% chance of rain .57inch.
That tropical low still hanging in the Gulf. We had some good off and on sun yesterday, then some wicked thunderboomers around dinner hour, the kind that make the whole house shake.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

here today 70's cloudy , it rained last night ,

Kitt , the Woofers are playing ,

It got up to 73F yesterday but it felt hotter than that. They are calling for a high of 73F today, but the sun is out and the sun is like a magnifying glass focused on an ant.

This message was edited May 17, 2018 7:07 AM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

More woofers than you can count Joe.
92* feels like 94* fully sunny, 8mph south breeze, 36% humidity. 20% chance scattered rain tonite, funny.

Too funny, Kell.

cloudy, muggy and a 60% chance of rain later on. Another wicked storm last evening, I was stuck in the house all evening, hate that. Rain gauge says a wee over 3 inches since Sunday. Today up to 82F, if sun comes out could go up to 88F like yesterday.

It got up to 78F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 73F today. I hope they are right. It's nice when you don't have to run the air conditioner.

This message was edited May 17, 2018 7:07 AM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

*Kilauea erupted, that will change weather. 87* feels like 92* with EXPECTED hi of 94*. 52% humidity, no rain whatsoever. 6mph west wind but really still under the pines, sunshine now after the morning humidity burned off.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70's cloudy . light rain ,

It got up to 70F yesterday but it felt hotter. We had to run the air conditioner one cycle before going to bed. They are calling for a high of 74F today.

Extreme sadness:
https://weather.com/news/weather/video/summer-temperature-forecasts-above-average-west-below-average-east

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

rain here ,75 degrees ,,
Kelli I'm in the anomaly cold zones ,.

Interesting FL is going to be cooler through July. I'm ok with that.

Rained all dang day long yesterday, raining now already this morning and should continue through the afternoon hours. If it is like yesterday we won't see any higher than 75F. I'm getting cabin fever.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80 degrees partly cloudy humidity is overbearing ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I watered yest evening- not a norm. Pretty morning, then @ 1pm the sky fell with scattered light pea sized hail. We got 5" to 7" by 4pm around the area, but it has rained slowly since then. So from 80* we dropped to 69* now, light drizzle expected for a few more hours, 97% humidity, but the creek is back in the banks, 8 mph NE breeze.

Ugh, hail is never good. Hope not too much damage.

It rained again all day long, and I mean all day. It is raining again this morning, but the rain chance is only 70%, high 78F

Rain lily

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's some blooms for you.
1st 2 are crab apples a friend gave years ago. He then died in his small plane, so they are special. 3rd is heading up a tree line across my garden. The tree to the right my grandson got in kindergarten. He is now 21. 4th are strawberries, planted May 1st.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

It got up to 71F yesterday. Gotta love it when you don't need to use the air conditioner. They are calling for a high of 65F today but it is already 58F so I'm not convinced.

This message was edited May 21, 2018 7:55 AM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

it will be 70's here today , cloudy chance of T-storms

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

84* feels like 91*, 67% humidity. 5mph south puffs of air. When the storm hit, how it eventually looked. The rain was harder on plants than the little bit of hail.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

made 81 degrees before the rain ,75 now ,

Kitt , the rain comes like a hammer sometimes

Nice trees, C.G. and nice sentiments behind them.

The rain chance today is only 50%, only some rain on east coast and up north on radar this AM, but it rained all day again yesterday, no sun in three days. Hopefully it comes out today, poor plants need it. We had to turn AC on last night to dry the house out. Today we should get back to 80's...if sun comes out

Wendy's wish salvia blooming, the hummers favorite salvia

Thumbnail by sunkissed

My subscription runs out on May 27 and I'm not going to renew. If I can't get back on this forum, it's been nice interacting with you all and I hope you have a good rest of your life. I know that sounds weird.

It supposedly got up to 68F yesterday. It felt hotter and we ran the air conditioner one cycle. They are calling for a high of 72F today.

This message was edited May 23, 2018 6:42 AM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Will miss you Kelli, stay cool!
Just had a shower come up from the gulf, creek flowing again, added another 5 gal bucket to reservoir, but seems our rain always begins as a hammer and passes with a whimper. Sun is back to peeping out of occasional cumulus clouds, temp 73* with a hi of 78* we hit early this morn, lo tonite expected 68*.91% humidity, SE 6mph air movements

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Always love the flowers Sun ,,

Kelli been fun , see you around , in the threads that is ..

Upper 80's and Hot and Sunny here ,,
Peony season here

Thumbnail by juhur7

Awww, hate to see you go Kelli...will miss your hikes and California garden. Take care.

Tks, Ju. Nice Peony :-)

Yesterday stayed cloudy, but only rained about ten minutes in late afternoon, so I got some good gardening done, without the burning sun. Today the sun was back, Jeep thermometer said it got as high as 87F, it's 84 back here at the house, so far no rain, think we might actually have a day without rain...first time in 11 days.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

87* feels like 94* w/61% humidity, but rain 'chances' burned off, even if the ground feels like we are still getting rain. Miserable excuse for a breeze 4mph SE. Lo tonite 70* expected. Sun, we are dwelling in a sauna.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

89 Degrees here, but low humidity & strong south wind. Makes for nice day.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It was mid 80's here strong sunny day ,humidity made it scorching and boiling hot

iris

Thumbnail by juhur7

72 at sunrise, clear now, but 80% chance of rain later, another tropical thingy coming. High today 85F, yesterday got to 89F.

Tree Philodendron bloom

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Juhur, I have an iris just like that. I bought 'Loop the Loop' but I was told it was 'Conjuration'.

It got up to 70F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 71F today. I feel like we're living on borrowed time.

Epiphyllum 'Pierrette'

This message was edited May 26, 2018 6:23 AM

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

85 or so mostly sunny with a couple rain showers today ,

Kelly I have Conjuration , and that one , and they do look very close ,
Love the flower you have there ,!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.