Back to School, It\'s Sept 2017. Weather

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Slow decent to winter starts now.
Kitties are ready.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80 degree day , we will see 55 tonight 65 degrees now very windy , with a few sprinkles of rain ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Sept. Labor Day, nights still cool, may see those 50's this week, but still closer to 70. Sand fleas are mad and biting, new skeeters looking for blood, and every hour a new batch of rain frogs croak their thunder, grabbing fire ant poisons, but I think their eggs,are hatching faster than the skeeters...

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

After the storm nuisance insects, all bad. :-((

Feels cooler this morning but probably due to a heavy thunderstorm past midnight last night, a bit unusual for a line to come through late like that, must be from Harvey.

Sunshine 75F now, up to 90F 60% chance of rain later

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It was 81F at 5:30AM. That is miserable. 'Average' is 64F. I don't know why it is so hot at night. They are calling for a high of 108F. The good thing about the heat is that it was too hot for the mockingbirds to screech and hiss at each other. There are too many around here and all they do is mouth off at each other all day. Next week will mostly be hot, too. Am I on the same planet at the rest of you.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60 degrees here , 64 the high forecast , humidity 60% Wind 18 mph , cool day to start Sept ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Chuckl, Calif has NEVER been on the same planet as anywhere else. Currently 87* feels like 93*, hi of 90* expected. 56% humidity. Sunshine.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Lo 52 tonight and daytime temps in low to mid 80s. Quite a drastic temperature fluctation with clear skies. Going to drink coffee around the firepit early tomorrow morning.

Awww coffee by the firepit, mine has bromeliads in it right now. ;-)

75F this morn, High 88F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph mostly cloudy today. Chance of rain 40%.

It got up to 110F yesterday. That is better than manually shoveling snow, I decided. (Growing up, we did not have a snow blower.) I only have a finite amount of energy and use it in the morning and am rarely outside in the afternoon except to go to the mailbox so the heat isn't as big a deal as I am making it out to be. It could be 72F and I still would not be out. The worst part is when it is hot to start the day.

It was 80F at 5:45AM. They are calling for a high of 103F

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well you all got the warm , the Hot , here it is 59 degrees forecast is 72 , 72 is nice , 59 with a 12 mph wind is a little cold

Blue aster

Thumbnail by juhur7

At 6:30AM, it was 71F with a dew point of 68F. We got 0.08 inches of rain overnight. That helped the local fire some. They are calling for a high of 90F, which means 93F at my place. No signs of it cooling down at night very well for the next week. I don't know what the problem is. The average low at this time of year is 62F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Near that here 76 degrees 88 forecast for today , it feels like it already , after tomorrow night we drop to 70's and 40's ,

High 88F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%. State of Emergency has been issued for all of Florida due to that big impressive Irma out there in Atlantic. We doing some tree trimming today.
Some beach photos of cloudy sunrises from this past weekend.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Sunkissed, nice pictures. I hope the hurricane misses you.

They are calling for a high of 92F, which means 94 or 95F at my place. It says the high was 89F yesterday. I didn't check the thermometer so I don't know.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunkissed very very nice

70 was our high today , 45 or so for tonight 60 degrees now

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

66 cold , rainy , cloudy , windy day

They are calling for a high of 90F, so it will probably be around 93F at my place. That is fairly typical for this time of year. At least it is back to cooling down at night.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

61 and sunny ,

How are you Irma folks doing ,?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

So beautiful those sunrises! Hope you are evacuating early!

76F and clear this morn, I see that nice looking moon. High today 88F, 60% chance of rain.
Hurricane warnings and watches mostly south of us, ours will go up today, I'm northeast of Orlando, about 30 miles inland, so we stay put and hunker down. We are not in a flood zone, but do have creeks and lakes all around us, wind is our biggest concern, we may experience 90 mph at peak for several hours. Was hoping it would stay out to sea, but now prediction to go right up the middle of the state, nowhere is safe unless you leave FL. We'll see our worst weather here Sunday morning through Monday morning.

Currently 62.5F Yay! They are calling for a high of 88F, which means 91F for here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

74 and sunny here
Tomorrow morning ,, The Storm

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

81* feels like 83*, humidity low @ 51%, hi of 84* expected. Sunshine and battling male hummers, sigh.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

71 and sunny here

We got up to 99F yesterday. I wasn't outside after the morning, but could tell that it had to have been pretty hot because we turned the air conditioner on around 2:15PM. We got one second of rain yesterday, literally one second. They are calling for a high of 92F, so it will be at least 94F.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

81*, 42% humidity. Gets down to 59* tonite. Had,to find a 4th humminbird feeder. Watchin Irma and Jose dance thru the eastern shores...

69F this morning, and beautiful.
I have power, but tons of people including my mom and dad don't. Lots of clean up going on, but most damage around here is trees, fences screen rooms, some flooding. Rest of FL is a big mess, especially down south. Floridians have no idea how to drive with no stoplights...crazy out there on the roads.

My mighty Oak still stands...piles of tree debris to clean up.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Yuck, what a mess, Sunkissed.

It got up to 99F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 83F today, which means it will be 86F here.

It only got up to 82F yesterday. It was 57F this morning at 6:30AM. They are calling for a high of 77F. If it stays below 80F, which is iffy, that will be the first day since March or April. The next week should be not-hot. I'm not counting on this being the end, though. We've had days over 100F in October.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

we will get to 74 here , cloudy now ,

I have a bad cold , missed a couple days

Juhur7, I hope your feel better soon. I had a sinus infection a couple weeks ago. I didn't need to go to the doctor but it left me tired for a couple days.

Officially, it got up to 73F yesterday. I don't think it got above 71F here. It was 61F at 6AM this morning. They are calling for a high of 79F, so it will probably get above 80F.

Awww, Juhur, I hope you feel better soon. At least your weather sounds nice.
Kelli how nice to finally have cooler temps.

The hot days are back, makes clean up hard, getting tired, today I'm talking a break and enjoying my AC. Mom and Dad got power back last night, they're in mid 80's, but didn't complain a bit. Butterflies are back. ☺

Today up to 89F, humid, 60% chance of afternoon rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you Both for the well wishes !!!

Low 80's and sunny ,

Kelli a little hot where you but not bad sounding for there

Sunkissed , you take care in all that water , rain , Humidity , terribly hard on the old bod , the young bod also . I keep thinking no power in that , miserable ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

89* feels like 94*, 51% humidity. Low of 69* tonite. The air is still, heavy, and miserable damp hot.

Yesterday it got to 79F (felt hotter). This morning it was 57F at 5:45AM. They are calling for a high of 79F, so it will probably be around 82F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Similar here Kelli 80's and sunny now

Next few days no chance of rain, high to 90F, and nights a bit cooler, around 71F some good breezes though, thanks to Jose and I guess now Maria...they're staying out in the ocean. Whew!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Last couple days was cool. High yesterday was 59. We got 1" of rain yesterday.
Warmer today & sunny.
Fall in a couple days.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rain and 75 degrees over the past 36 hrs ,

Water and Aster for Fall

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.