Totally Stumped

East Bridgewater, MA

It's rare for me to not at least have an idea of what a tree might be, but this one has me stumped. Three leaves on a stalk, almost oppositely arranged branches but off by just a centimeter, incredibly furrowed bark (which caught my attention initially).

I'm excited to know what this is and maybe I found something new (probably not though and it's something I should know but forgot).

Thumbnail by neefman Thumbnail by neefman Thumbnail by neefman Thumbnail by neefman Thumbnail by neefman
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi
You might want to post this to the Plant ID Forum

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/plantid/all/

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

And unless you know you are resistant, you might not want to lick your fingers...

The tree with the fine furrowed bark is a Black Locust (Robinia pseudoacacia). You should have known that.

The tripartite compound foliage alternately arranged on the VINE you were handling, well, that's a healthy and vigorous Toxicodendron radicans - Poison Ivy. I hope you will never forget that.

Please wash your hands before hugging your loved ones...

Tewksbury, MA

Argh! Pay heed to the old adage, “Leaves of 3, let them be!” I agree with ViburnumValley, that it’s Poison Ivy. I just noticed this post is from 2017 and hope you haven’t handled more of this noxious weed since. I also live in MA and poison ivy is everywhere here in N.E., in the woods, the side of roads, climbing trees...beware! In the fall, the leaves turn beautiful shades of orange and red, and might attract those gathering colorful leaves, but don’t touch!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.