Watering systems and more items for older gardeners

Olathe, KS(Zone 5a)

I now have micro sprayers in back for 3 fruit tree areas and micro systems in front for everything. And drip systems in back for 3 tub areas and impulse lawn sprayer for center. All on timers. I have to go outside, flip a switch for a line, turn a timer dial, go inside and turn on a timer for me to know when to do next one. Then repeat. 5 in back, 1 in front. I do have to disconnect in winter and drain the lines. Timers are brought inside in winter. So much easier than the old way. I also have a hose line laid out across 3 sides for spraying fruit trees - I merely connect a hose end sprayer to the end hose and start at one end and walk to other end while spraying 14 fruit trees - takes only a few minutes - easy - not really work. I also have one hose for spraying whatever and one hose for a mister near a chair for when I get too hot. I have many tubs of various sizes, black plastic film in 4 paths (ugly but no weeds here), and black rubber mulch over landscape fabric that supports weeds - drat it. So still some weeding and Preen. I restarted white clover in the 3 fruit tree beds - little weeds here now. Want to garden until I croak. I have apricots, peaches, plumcot, plums, apples, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, lots of flowers and other plants, tomatoes, peppers, winter squash, cucumbers, salad fixings, peas, beans, etc. Too a lot of work setting it up but easy now.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!