Drip irrigation and weather adjustment

Newtonville, MA

Hi all-
I'm using Opensprinkler to control the irrigation for my perennials in several different beds and containers, as well as herbs in containers and a vegetable garden. Opensprinkler offers a few algorithms for adjust irrigation based on temperature, humidity and of course rainfall. However, my sense is that some of the adjustments are more useful for a lawn or wide area sprayers where evaporation could be significant. Most of my beds (except veggies and containers) have mulch which should reduce evaporation.
Unfortunately, even though I have multiple zones, Opensprinkler does not allow different weather settings per zone so I have to choose one approach across the board.
My question is whether anyone out there uses any kind of automated adjustments with drip irrigation. My instinct is to disable the humidity adjustment, which would otherwise reduce irrigation in humid weather.
Thanks!

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!