Yule-tide Log

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

You can eat these in England because they are made from chocolate...lol!! But the one I have in mind here is something I saw in a magazine, so can't take the credit. I just think it's a really lovely and simple thing to make. The idea is go hollow out a log - whatever size suits you best, remove most of the inside of the log with a chisel and then fill with evergreens, berries, cones etc and finish off with moss. I will use florists' foam to do this so the arrangement stays put and moist. I rather like the big fat 'church' type candles, so a couple of those would look lovely in the arrangement. The logs can be placed just about anywhere - tabletop, fireplace etc but I thought how nice a really large one would look on my front porch with lots of holly etc. Christmas is such a magical and holy time for me. It's also the only time of the year when I am disciplined about my crafting - simply because it's got to be done. I love to decorate with fresh greenery and fruit and when making my wreaths I sometimes add dry flowers to the arrangement. I can't wait to start this log project!!

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!