Morning Glories 2017 #05

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1440716

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Nice bloom Jackie.

First bloom from Azuremore. Ocean Mist.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Beautiful blooms Helena. The speckled is very pretty but that Ocean Mist is
drop dead gorgeous.

bump

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I like Ocean Mist too.

My only bloom this morning b/c of the heavy rain. But looks like Jaimie Lynn and ???

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

It does look like a cross of jaimie lynn and blue purp.I have crossed JL with shibouri, love the results. You sure have some fantastic blooms for me to gaze at. Joanna is up in KC, MO and she sent me a pic of a pot full of baby mgs- she is so excited.
Sun Shine today, hope this headache and weird tummy stuff goes away so I can sit outside for awhile. bird watching out my window is very relaxing, tho. I'm going to try and spend some time going thru my seeds from you all and plant some in tubs with tomato cages again. Won't see any blooms until August most likely.

Beautiful bloom Helena.

Enjoy your bird watching Debra.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Linda. I'm hoping to get crosses too. Have a wire fence put up and pots with different purpurea blooms so they can climb. The bees can do the rest.
Glad you get to relax and enjoy your day Debra!

What a beautiful bloom Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Cool and windy day here.

Only pics I got to take today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are so pretty.

I love that number three with the stripes, and what is the white one? I love white blooms.
Linda, your ipomoea setosa is almost ready to ship, girlfriend. it has two sets of leaves now.

Love your blooms this morning Helena. Beautiful higes.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. A white hige Debra also had pink eyes on several of the earlier blooms. I was hoping for Gypsy Bride.

Well, the white hige is prolly my fav of all the higes. I am glad to see one. the spotted bloom looks like it was too cold to open LOL like me. look at my birds LOL. I hope my passie likes it here, it goes into the ground Sunday, my son said.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Helena, you might still get a Gypsy Bride hige..
Debra, love your birds

Gautier, MS

I hope so Jackie.
Love your birds too Debra.

Blooms from today.

Gautier, MS

Other blooms too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. The large white is a beauty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. This cold weather has set my mgs back a bit. Can't wait for it to warm up so I can get nicer blooms. Not great for us to be hot but great for mgs!

Beautiful blooms Helena.
Debra, your birds are beautiful.

Vivid color on those 1st two blooms Helena.
The pale pink is lovely too. .

wow you are really having a firework show with your mgs and lilys, spectacular, Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
So I am happy with my next batch of seedlings. Repotted a bunch of them and they will be staying in the gh until nights warm up. I had fun playing in the dirt, bought four bags of soil, each was a different brand to see which I like best. Only thing I added was perlite for better drainage. I like the Scott better so will go back to Walmart for more later on.

Your seedlings look great Helena. Glad you found a potting soil/mix you like.
My 2nd batch of seedlings didn;t get enough good light so they have stretched and look awful. Guess I will restart new sds of those and hope for'the best.
I did plant a few purps outside yesterday.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Some of my seedlings stretched a bit too Jackie but the seem to still do ok. Glad you got some purps planted.
Happy with some nice blooms this morning.

Helena, those are so pretty. Love the speckles and stripes/

oh golly those blooms are awesome!

OMGosh Helena, absolutely gorgeous speckled blooms..Love the pretty bloom on the end too.
My library icon has disappeared from the task bar since I went with Norton antivirus
the other day. Thru the library was the only way I could see my pics without an'error flag. Something must have corrupted my pic files.
I think I;m going to have to buy a different camera so I can have a new picture
program. I can't download pics now. smh

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Jackie, hope you solve your download problems. I know how frustrating that can be, my phone camera has done that to me several times. But I do prefer using it so I put up with it. Hope maybe with a new camera you get to post your pics.

From this morning.

Beautiful Morning glories Helena.

Love that pretty hot pink and speckled. What is the 2nd pic? it's gorgeous too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

The second pic is a volunteer that started growing in same pot as a nil. I think it's a milky way cross. I think I had them growing early spring last year. It's a neat bloom.

Helen, yes it does look like a MW cross. Very pretty.
I called Norton and they helped me get my library icon back to the task bar.
All the instructions when I googled made it look difficult with numerous steps.
The tech at Norton solved it in 3 easy steps, just had to repin it. So happy.:-)

Glad you have your icon back Jackie.

Me too Linda. There is a bad error with my Fuji software but being able to go in thru the library lets me view my pics and share pics too

2013 pics

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

YAY! Jackie has her pictures back! Helena love your MW cross, and really like the last purple and white bloom, it looks like a petticoat. :D
GUESS WHAT? Pandy popped up 5 inches of leader stems on the edge of the bean patch just like last year. I am sooooo excited, Joe is like "well thank goodness now you can quit whining about it. " LOL but, it is on the edge of the bean patch, and the edge of the grass. I bet ya anything that main tuber is under the new patio. What a good thing to see, now to find a way to let it climb on something without interrupting his precious bean patch. ( will be worth it, tho, cuz those beans are great all winter long)

So relieved here Debra. Although at the rate I;m going, I won;t be needing a camera anytime soon,.Threw away, (pulled up) my 2nd batch of seedlings and replanted
the cups.
Glad you;re pandy showed up Debra. How about a tomato tower for it to climb?.

Glad to hear you found it Debra.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.